Conquer Club

The Great War

Archival storage for Announcements. Peruse old Announcements here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Great War

Postby muti on Sat Oct 04, 2014 3:51 am

To the team creating this I just wanted to say thanks. I'm loving it and appreciate that it's a lot of work.
Not only are the games fun and some on maps I wouldn't normally play but also it's informative about the History too.
Will there soon be a greater variety in the token maps played?
Thanks again.
Cook muti

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 04, 2014 4:34 am

muti wrote:To the team creating this I just wanted to say thanks. I'm loving it and appreciate that it's a lot of work.
Not only are the games fun and some on maps I wouldn't normally play but also it's informative about the History too.
Will there soon be a greater variety in the token maps played?
Thanks again.

Thank you! It's good to be appreciated. :D

We're working on the details of when and how the token dropping maps will change. It will probably always be a very restricted selection, but the selection will change from time to time. Not too often, because people need time to plan ahead and allow for games to fill and then for them to end. Probably every second month or so.

The event started on Sept. 17th, so the first change might not come until November. Then again, because we're pushing out so many tournaments in the early stages, and expect it to slow down later, we might bring in a change sooner. Still under discussion.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Great War event freemium-friendly tourney

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 04, 2014 5:41 am

Just a reminder, to those who have been waiting for a tournament in this even that is open to freemiums...

October 3rd: the first Freemium-friendly tournament in this series!
show: Mulhouse-Lorraine 1500 Oct 3rd to 1500 Oct 10th

Remember, you still have to have an open slot in order to play in this tournament! Make sure you open a slot before signing up, and keep it reserved for this purpose the entire time of the tournament!
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:26 pm

Best of one 1v1, what a great idea!
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Oct 04, 2014 12:40 pm

iAmCaffeine wrote:Best of one 1v1, what a great idea!

Our goal is that over the four years, 90% of Conquer Club will participate in at least one event in this War, and we obviously can't reach that goal without having some freemium-friendly events. With their slot restrictions, freemiums are difficult to build tournaments for, and single-game 1v1 are the easiest.

The next time we do a freemium-friendly event here, though, it will have 6-player or 8-player games.

In the meantime, if you check the stats carefully, you will notice that there is no elimination after Phases 1, 2, or after Phases 5, 6. In essence, Phase 1, 2, and 3 taken together become a single best-of-three series (because there's no elimination until after Phase 3) while Phase 5, 6, and 7 taken together become a single best-of-three series (because there's no elimination until after Phase 7). Phase 4 and 8 are the only actual best-of-one phases.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Re: Great War event freemium-friendly tourney

Postby abel on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:04 pm

Dukasaur wrote:Just a reminder, to those who have been waiting for a tournament in this even that is open to freemiums...

Remember, you still have to have an open slot in order to play in this tournament! Make sure you open a slot before signing up, and keep it reserved for this purpose the entire time of the tournament!

I couldn't seem to find the signup page for this. I'm sure it's someplace obvious. :oops: What am I missing?
Men who believe absurdities will commit atrocities. — Voltaire
Major abel

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Oct 05, 2014 11:09 pm

abel wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:Just a reminder, to those who have been waiting for a tournament in this even that is open to freemiums...

I couldn't seem to find the signup page for this. I'm sure it's someplace obvious. :oops: What am I missing?

Go to your My Games page. There's a box near the top labelled Great War, and it lists the four tourneys that are currently available in that. This is the fourth in that group. Click on the link and it will take you to the tourney description, and on that page will be a little red link that says "Join."
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Oct 13, 2014 3:10 pm

New tournament today, Wednesday, Friday (a speed tournament).

The coding monkeys are all busy with the new servers, so we may be a bit behind here.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby iAmCaffeine on Tue Oct 14, 2014 3:48 am

Any chance of a heads up on timing for the speed tournament, and also what kind of tournament it will be? Just based on past speed auto-tournaments, most of them have been a mess.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Postby EmperorTigerstar on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:02 am

I was asked to post this here by Dukasaur:

It's a video I made showing the changing front lines of World War I every day.

Corporal EmperorTigerstar

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:28 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:Any chance of a heads up on timing for the speed tournament, and also what kind of tournament it will be? Just based on past speed auto-tournaments, most of them have been a mess.

Plans have changed. It will now be a casual.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby DoomYoshi on Mon Oct 20, 2014 8:58 am

In November, we are changing the list of token maps. November 16th is the deadline for the current batch. On November 17th, the new maps will be:
  • Europe1914
  • Russia as represented by Transsib1914
  • Austria as represented by Austro-Hungarian Empire
  • Germany represented by Unification Germany
  • Britain represented by England
  • France represented by France1789
  • Belgium represented by Benelux.

Note that there is a map to represent each of the major combatants, and the hallmark WWI map is still active.

What this means: no tokens for King of the Mountains or Balkan Peninsula after November 17th.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby SPΔCΞ-CØWBØY on Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:01 am

Hi, just got the mail about my "tons of tokens", but finding it hard to find the "Join tournament" button or something, am I blind or is there anyone that could assist this numpty?
Corporal SPΔCΞ-CØWBØY

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:17 am

SPΔCΞ-CØWBØY wrote:Hi, just got the mail about my "tons of tokens", but finding it hard to find the "Join tournament" button or something, am I blind or is there anyone that could assist this numpty?

At the top of "My Games" page. There is a few yellow boxes. One of them is the Great War box, which has 2 or 3 tournaments in sign-ups.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby -1-1-3- on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:57 am

fyi I just killed Franz Ferdinand.

So the War/event can now really start :)

note: it appeared that the Archduke Karl Ludwig's son actually was... Great-Ollie ! Game 14927542
Major -1-1-3-

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:28 pm

-1-1-3- wrote:fyi I just killed Franz Ferdinand.

So the War/event can now really start :)

note: it appeared that the Archduke Karl Ludwig's son actually was... Great-Ollie ! Game 14927542

Bravo!!!

How very, very fitting that Franz Ferdinand was the first! Now the world can really get to war!

For those who want to look at the details of this tournament, it is: http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?mode=autotournament&tourney_id=11748
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby robellis00 on Tue Oct 28, 2014 12:44 pm

[quote="Dukasaur"]Just a reminder, to those who have been waiting for a tournament in this even that is open to freemiums...

Thanks so much for the Freemium-friendly tournament! I enjoyed it very much. It was set up very well and I really appreciated having enough advance notice to get a token, and reserve a spot for the games. The only advice I can give is....WE WANT MORE! I would enter every freemium tournament I could in the Great War if I can get tokens and have an empty slot for the game. The danger is joining the games to get tokens and since the games with higher participants have a higher change to drop tokens, the games are taking a long time. I think you guys have done a great job so far and your aspiration to include everyone is awesome. Your hard work is very much appreciated and I encourage you to keep it up! I'm looking forward to more freemium-friendly tourneys later in the Great War!
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby dazza2008 on Wed Oct 29, 2014 5:33 pm

robellis00 wrote:

Thanks so much for the Freemium-friendly tournament! I enjoyed it very much. It was set up very well and I really appreciated having enough advance notice to get a token, and reserve a spot for the games. The only advice I can give is....WE WANT MORE! I would enter every freemium tournament I could in the Great War if I can get tokens and have an empty slot for the game. The danger is joining the games to get tokens and since the games with higher participants have a higher change to drop tokens, the games are taking a long time. I think you guys have done a great job so far and your aspiration to include everyone is awesome. Your hard work is very much appreciated and I encourage you to keep it up! I'm looking forward to more freemium-friendly tourneys later in the Great War!

Quite a lot of the 1v1 games are giving the winner a token I have noticed. If you can find someone online they might play you real time. Obviously you might not win 1 but worth a try eh?
Corporal dazza2008

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Oct 29, 2014 7:12 pm

robellis00 wrote:

Thanks for the praise. There are definitely more freedom-friendlies in the future.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Nov 02, 2014 2:50 pm

Today we make the giant leap from the the Bronze Age to the gates of the Nuclear Age. From the last hurrah of horsed cavalry represented by the Battle of the Silver Helmets, we leap to a weapon -- the submarine -- which remains relevant and deadly even today, in the tournament "U-Boat, Part 1."
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:58 pm

For the first time, a freemium has won a Great War tournament.

Congratulations to Mock, winner of one of the Mulhouse-Lorraine tournaments!

Congratulations Mock!!!

=D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:59 am

The staff of the Great War urges you to remember on this Remembrance Day. Go out and support your local Veterans' Parade or whatever your town is having.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby stealth99 on Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:00 pm

Congrats to Mock

Congrats to the CC Team that is continuing to put off a 'Great' Campaign. There is a lot of interest in this event and it has certainly added entertainment value.

Request - Please don't add too many crazy 8,10,12 player games tourneys. 1v1 is where it's at and Poly certainly falls in that category. We do not see enough poly.

Request May I request as much notice as you can provide, in addition to advertising in multiple locations for any non-tourney events associated with the Great War Campaign. In the Banner that lists the Tourneys available, it would be nice if you also added there, "Great War Guessing Contest Starting Nov 01" etc. And it would be nice if you ran that for at least a week prior to.

Question - On the 17th, will wins on King of the Mountains or Balkan Peninsula still receive tokens if the games started prior to the 16th? No biggie, just curious, if it is a complete and abrupt switchover, I can deal :-).
Cook stealth99

Location: St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada......oldest and most easterly city in north america

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Nov 16, 2014 10:08 pm

stealth99 wrote:Congrats to Mock

Congrats to the CC Team that is continuing to put off a 'Great' Campaign. There is a lot of interest in this event and it has certainly added entertainment value.

Request - Please don't add too many crazy 8,10,12 player games tourneys. 1v1 is where it's at and Poly certainly falls in that category. We do not see enough poly.

Request May I request as much notice as you can provide, in addition to advertising in multiple locations for any non-tourney events associated with the Great War Campaign. In the Banner that lists the Tourneys available, it would be nice if you also added there, "Great War Guessing Contest Starting Nov 01" etc. And it would be nice if you ran that for at least a week prior to.

Question - On the 17th, will wins on King of the Mountains or Balkan Peninsula still receive tokens if the games started prior to the 16th? No biggie, just curious, if it is a complete and abrupt switchover, I can deal :-).

Complete and utter switchover.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby denominator on Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:50 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
stealth99 wrote:Congrats to Mock

Complete and utter switchover.

Not that I have any idea how to fix it, but I believe the link to Token-Eligible games is now "broken" since the maps have changed (as in, it still works the way it was designed but Balkan and KoM still show up, and none of the new maps).
Sergeant 1st Class denominator

PreviousNext

Return to Announcement Archives