Conquer Club

Can't Find Something

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Can't Find Something

Postby chapcrap on Sun May 22, 2016 8:19 am

Is there somewhere I can find a list of how many starting territories there are for each map? I've been looking and can find nothing.

Thanks.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Re: Can't Find Something

Postby Dukasaur on Sun May 22, 2016 8:28 am

chapcrap wrote:Is there somewhere I can find a list of how many starting territories there are for each map? I've been looking and can find nothing.

Thanks.

You can go to the Map Statistics page and find a list of how many total territories there are.
https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=maps

If you mean a more detailed list of how many territories each player starts with, then no, it's never been assembled. Best you can do is use the list of total territories and approximate it, but you can never be sure because of different neutral densities. If you're looking for a very specific group like "maps where each player gets 5 terts in a 6-p situations" you can use the total list to find maps with between 30 and 40 terts, and then you have to use Game Finder to confirm or deny for each individual map in that group.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby chapcrap on Sun May 22, 2016 9:21 am

Dukasaur wrote:
chapcrap wrote:Is there somewhere I can find a list of how many starting territories there are for each map? I've been looking and can find nothing.

Thanks.

You can go to the Map Statistics page and find a list of how many total territories there are.
https://www.conquerclub.com/public.php?mode=maps

If you mean a more detailed list of how many territories each player starts with, then no, it's never been assembled. Best you can do is use the list of total territories and approximate it, but you can never be sure because of different neutral densities. If you're looking for a very specific group like "maps where each player gets 5 terts in a 6-p situations" you can use the total list to find maps with between 30 and 40 terts, and then you have to use Game Finder to confirm or deny for each individual map in that group.

It's helpful, but I was really looking for starting terts. Like on Feudal War, there are 6 starting territories, but the stats page just shows 82 total territories. Maybe we could try to get a column added on there to show the number of territories that aren't automatically neutral starters...

Anyway, I have the info I was looking for from that page, so I'm good for now.

Thanks.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby dakky21 on Sun May 22, 2016 10:34 am

I'd rather go for a maximum number of players list. Because you can't start a 12 player game on Feudal.
Captain dakky21

Postby chapcrap on Sun May 22, 2016 11:18 am

dakky21 wrote:I'd rather go for a maximum number of players list. Because you can't start a 12 player game on Feudal.

I guess it depends what you're wanting to use it for. Both would be beneficial in different ways. What I was trying to do was get a look at maps that I could use that would have zero neutrals starting out for a format I was using. I had 10 spots, so I wanted a map that started with multiples of 10. But, I think a little more detail could be added in there. Also, a little more detail could make it be cluttered.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby IcePack on Sun May 22, 2016 12:41 pm

For for a few days and already trying to change everything. Typical ;)

fac vitam incredibilem memento vivere
Knowledge Weighs Nothing, Carry All You Can
Major IcePack
Multi Hunter
Multi Hunter

Return to Foundry Discussions