Conquer Club

[Official] REVAMP/TOUCH-UP Proposals

Topics that are not maps. Discuss general map making concepts, techniques, contests, etc, here.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Lone.prophet on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:03 pm

MrBenn wrote:Dare I suggest a revamp of Age of Merchants? :shock: I really like this map, but find some of the territory names really hard to read (it's the S's F's and J's that get to me!)

Dim i have to agree with this guy, some letters really dont represend something clear
Captain Lone.prophet

Postby DiM on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:11 pm

Lone.prophet wrote:
MrBenn wrote:Dare I suggest a revamp of Age of Merchants? :shock: I really like this map, but find some of the territory names really hard to read (it's the S's F's and J's that get to me!)

Dim i have to agree with this guy, some letters really dont represend something clear

letters are very clear. people have been playing that map for more than half a year and in the meantime nobody else complained about the fonts. :wink:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby benny profane on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:12 pm

please don't revamp arctic.
it's great the way it is.
nor the age of merchants, for that matter.
Lieutenant benny profane

Postby Lone.prophet on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:17 pm

DiM wrote:
Lone.prophet wrote:

letters are very clear. people have been playing that map for more than half a year and in the meantime nobody else complained about the fonts. :wink:

So that means its not important

only way i didnt post about it cause i dont like the map so i dont play it, yet he is right IMO
Captain Lone.prophet

Postby DiM on Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:31 pm

Lone.prophet wrote:
DiM wrote:
Lone.prophet wrote:

So that means its not important

only way i didnt post about it cause i dont like the map so i dont play it, yet he is right IMO

sorry but that's how the foundry works mate. you should know this by now.

as i said i tried 30 or so fonts for the AoM map. people looked at them and chose this one. if the vast majority says it's good then i can live with a few people still not liking it. it's impossible to please everybody. anyway feel free to browse through the aom thread and see the other fonts.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Kaplowitz on Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:06 pm

I asked Mr.K on myspace if i can revamp his Ancient Greece map. Apparently he was last online MS yesterday, so he should respond pretty quickly.

Unfortunately i made a draft before realizing that Kyle was locked after trying to make one....hopefully my time wont be compeletly wasted.. :cry:

Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby gimil on Sat Mar 15, 2008 7:51 pm

Germany has been accepted for revamp and peperonnibread has been alocated the REVAMP. Wish him luck.

Ancient Greece unfortunatly has been rejected.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby pepperonibread on Sat Mar 15, 2008 8:20 pm

It's really too bad about Ancient Greece, even a touchup would be cool :(
Corporal pepperonibread

Postby gimil on Sat Mar 15, 2008 10:01 pm

pepperonibread wrote:It's really too bad about Ancient Greece, even a touchup would be cool :(

Meh, well get it one day ;)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Lone.prophet on Sun Mar 16, 2008 5:27 am

i wanted to do a revamp :( cant we make a battle out of it? lol
Captain Lone.prophet

Postby gimil on Sun Mar 16, 2008 8:23 am

Lone.prophet wrote:i wanted to do a revamp :( cant we make a battle out of it? lol

Theres still plenty to do ;)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Re: [Official] REVAMP/TOUCH-UP Proposals

Postby cairnswk on Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:35 pm

I have already given MrBenn permission (when he is ready) to have a re-vamp of the Madness map as long as the outcome contains the original elements and gameplay that are the map.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Re: [Official] REVAMP/TOUCH-UP Proposals

Postby Bruceswar on Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:02 pm

cairnswk wrote:I have already given MrBenn permission (when he is ready) to have a re-vamp of the Madness map as long as the outcome contains the original elements and gameplay that are the map.

Looking forward to it. Your maps have come along ways since then. Well done! =D> =D>
Highest Rank: 26 Highest Score: 3480
Corporal Bruceswar

Previous

Return to Foundry Discussions