Conquer Club

Game Over - Tokens Coming Soon

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Operation Michael Newbie Game Day 1

Postby madmitch on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:16 pm

I am town, and was just trying to see if our past had anything to do with what is going on now? Revenge is a great motive so revenge for what ?
Cadet madmitch

Postby Ragian on Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:21 pm

Three votes on dakky, but one of them isn't sure about his vote. That's problematic at best. Dakky is closing in on being lynched, so you better figure out now whether you want to be a part of that or not. My vote stays on the guy distancing himself from his vote.
Captain Ragian

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:14 am

robellis00 wrote:i did not fight in mitch's war either.

i don't even see how this line of questioning is going to help. if he's trying to nail scum, he's either:
1) doing a bad job by bringing out irrelevant information; leading everyone down the wrong path. ("wrong in his approach" as BuJaber adeptly said above...)
or
2) trying to get us to believe he is someone that he actually is not. pretty deceptive.

how does scum normally get nailed in these games? i'm guessing it's when we catch them some sort of way or expose something they have said. mitch is trying hard to establish who he is and using the scenario to fish for information, hoping to expose someone. it seems to me, he's trying to throw us off, and it is working. now we're reporting if we were in the 2nd Afghan War or not. the only way it is helping is that it is showing us that he's putting a lot of effort into it.

I'm still good with my vote, for the deception.

Now if we can have cabbage with that corned beef, i'm all in.

Lol it's quite hard to catch scum that's the whole point of the game. Each time we screw up we shoot ourselves a bullet in our own foot.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:21 am

dakky21 wrote:
betiko wrote:One more vote on dakky and he's at L-1

Even if I get to L-1, what can I say, I am General as probably all of you and I'm town. Would it mean something if I said the name? And no, I didn't fight in mitch's war.

I don't know how much experience you have with the game in general. I just remember seing you in this forum quite a bit more or less when I stopped playing mafia so I was assuming you've played a few games during that timeframe?

Anyways, if we get you to claim we will need a full claim and get the name of that general. Also, as all scums are always town when claiming, you'll have to give your supposed role, vanilla or other.
This if votes start piling on you.

Either way, if you are not scum you better try to start building a strong case on someone who might be.
Major betiko

Postby BuJaber on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:33 am

Rags how do you read pika?

Yoshi - is the deadline still 30th or will there be an extension to accomodate LC learning the ropes?
Major BuJaber

Postby BuJaber on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:40 am

Betiko how much experience with mafia do you have?

Like a rough estimate of games played anywhere not just here.
Major BuJaber

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:49 am

BuJaber wrote:Rags how do you read pika?

Yoshi - is the deadline still 30th or will there be an extension to accomodate LC learning the ropes?

Loose Canon has asked for a replacement. I'm too busy today but tomorrow I will start harassing people to replace him.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby madmitch on Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:09 am

Ask skoffin to play, :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cadet madmitch

Postby betiko on Thu Apr 26, 2018 5:19 pm

BuJaber wrote:Betiko how much experience with mafia do you have?

Like a rough estimate of games played anywhere not just here.

Already answered that question, somewhere around 6-10 games all on cc, and never with such small amount of players. They pretty much all involved third parties and a lot of power roles. What about you?
Major betiko

Postby Ragian on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:23 am

BuJaber wrote:Rags how do you read pika?

Are you asking me to give a universal key to reading Pika? I don't know. I've always had a hard time reading him. I'm not too fond of the D1 figuring out shite because it makes you seem active even if you aren't looking for scum (or however you wanna phrase it), but loads of other people like it, so I guess it's not alignment indicative. I have no solid or even close to solid reads on anyone. I tend to agree with Aage, but always wary of him, too, because he's a skilled player and has a Danish old-dude name.
Captain Ragian

Postby Ragian on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:25 am

Fucking brilliant. I confused the two games. Scratch that last post. It's meant to go in the other game :roll: Why are they called almost the same?!!?!
Captain Ragian

Postby Ragian on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:27 am

Gotta say I like Pika so far in this game. He's been very critical of most of the stuff here. I can even follow him down the trail of voting for Dakky. If I were to change my vote away from Djele. Still think Djele is the way to go, though.
Captain Ragian

Postby BuJaber on Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:52 am

Not much experience with mafia live but a lot of other social deduction games.

I have played quite a lot of forum mafia on this site and others over the past 3 or so years.

I don't know about djele no particular read on him yet. I would much rather lynch robellis or even pika. Sensing a weird detachment there.
Major BuJaber

Postby madmitch on Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:43 am

dakky21 wrote:In a vanilla game like this you can't really weed out those who are least likely to help us to lynch mafia. Or at least not yet. It's still Day 1 and still is a joke vote phase, so any current votes are not really important. Me voting Mitch is normal for every game with him, while votes on me are jokes as well.

The non-joking part: I believe DoomYoshi didn't put as mafia someone from the regulars and gave a daychat, I believe scum will be someone from your lines, "newbies"... this mafia was made to invite new players and I think scum must be someone new, because how would you otherwise attract a new players unless you give them overpowered roles?

I'm willing to vote for either robellis, djelebert, betiko or loose cannon.

WHY IS YOUR VOTE STILL ON ME ](*,) ](*,)
Cadet madmitch

Postby BuJaber on Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Actually yeah lol.. dakky is scumreading what.. 4 + mitch.. FIVE out of 8 people?
Major BuJaber

Postby robellis00 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:56 pm

Dakky has not responded to any questions, comments, or statements for a while (2 days...). Does anyone else find that a bit suspicious? He offered to share his identity, then didn't...
I've been going over everything about him in the thread, and I'm beginning to think he's being deceptive too.

I think Betiko is with us townies, since he suggested replacing LooseCannon, rather than just eliminating him from the game. I'm thinking if he were mafia he might have just asked to eliminate him. But how would Betiko know if LooseCannon was town or not? Hmm, not sure on that one.

My feelings have not changed on Mitch, but the case against Dakky is pretty strong at this point. I would hate to miss the opportunity to eliminate mafia scum. Anyone have any other convincing argument against Dakky to push my vote towards him?
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby dakky21 on Fri Apr 27, 2018 6:54 pm

robellis00 wrote:My feelings have not changed on Mitch, but the case against Dakky is pretty strong at this point. I would hate to miss the opportunity to eliminate mafia scum. Anyone have any other convincing argument against Dakky to push my vote towards him?

I'll give you an argument: I am a vanilla town and whoever gives you an argument will probably be lynched next but will also probably be town. So if you're scum, you're lucky, because town doesn't sees it.
Captain dakky21

Postby BuJaber on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:09 am

Rob you think dakky is scum and mitch is scum?

So you think scum mitch is bussing his partner this early in the game? Doesn't make a lot of sense for both to be scum.
Major BuJaber

Postby robellis00 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:26 pm

BuJaber wrote:Rob you think dakky is scum and mitch is scum?

So you think scum mitch is bussing his partner this early in the game? Doesn't make a lot of sense for both to be scum.

You are right that it doesn't make sense that they would be trying to get each other out. I think Mitch is being either deceptive or misleading with his information, but that just appears to be his style. Like you pointed out and I agreed, maybe Mitch is just wrong in his approach. I think Dakky is trying to cover up something, which is why he offered some information, then didn't follow through. This is why I called for more information in order to change my vote.

I don't understand Dakky's comment, so can anyone clarify for me?

Lastly, anyone know why Pika hasn't posted in 4 or 5 days? His insight earlier did seem to get the ball rolling.
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby dakky21 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:36 pm

Rob, I told everyone a part of my role, but I'm not at L-1 for a full claim, so I'm not hiding anything, just don't see the point of fully claiming. If I get to L-1, I will fully claim and answer all questions asked, but till then, wait a bit more for more posts from people.
Captain dakky21

Postby madmitch on Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:52 pm

@ Dakky why is your vote still on me ?
Cadet madmitch

Postby dakky21 on Sat Apr 28, 2018 5:55 pm

Mitch it's day one and that vote is still a joke vote unless I turn it from joke to a real vote. So why not have it on you?
Captain dakky21

Postby Ragian on Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:03 am

We claim at L-2, buddy, not L-1. Even if there are no weird double-voter roles or hated townies in this newbie game, we full claim at L-2 lest scum quickhammers. So let's hear it.
Captain Ragian

Postby madmitch on Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:26 am

@ Dakky , it doesn't feel like a joke vote , :x 1 more on me and I would be tied with you [-X , Your play in this game is suspicious :-s , UNVOTE ,VOTE DAKKY NOW YOU ARE AT L1 \:D/
Cadet madmitch

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:32 am

I am Marie-Eugène Debeney, general of the french first army. Was at Verdun and Somme and my ally was Philippe Petain. Vanilla town.
Captain dakky21

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives