Conquer Club

EW's Semi-Open Matrix Madness

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: EW's Semi-Open Matrix Madness

Postby Devante on Wed May 08, 2024 4:10 pm

So someone clarify for me, what is FoS and EBWOP mean?

Also i could have just slipped, but maybe I do have a power role and simply don't want scums attention. Or maybe, I simply want to attract scums attention to me for it. Hmm scum what you think, which could it be...
Major Devante

Postby Devante on Wed May 08, 2024 4:16 pm

Didn't realize no lynch as majority is an option for now I will unvote then and go no lynch till someone seems more suspect

Unvote LC, Vote No Lynch
Major Devante

Postby Kingm on Wed May 08, 2024 4:18 pm

Devante wrote:So someone clarify for me, what is FoS and EBWOP mean?

Also i could have just slipped, but maybe I do have a power role and simply don't want scums attention. Or maybe, I simply want to attract scums attention to me for it. Hmm scum what you think, which could it be...

FoS = Finger of suspection (so they think someone is probably scum or atleast sus about them)
EBWOP = Edit By Way Of Double Post
Colonel Kingm

Postby pmchugh on Wed May 08, 2024 6:06 pm

@Vot, town slips definitely exist. And the classic one is getting the number of mafia wrong. If LC was mafia he would be in a day chat with 3 other people and it would be very clear to him that there were not 4 mafia, which he leaves two explanantions only;

1. Genuine townslip; he accidentally revealed he is town
2. Fake townslip; he deliberately said the wrong number of mafia to intentionally make us think, objectively, he doesn't know how many mafia are therefore he is town

1 is more likely than 2 for Loose, from my understanding of him.

@Strike
I love the reads list early from you even if you do point the finger at me rather weakly.

I like the swang wagon, long live fusi.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Devante on Wed May 08, 2024 7:22 pm

Thanks king. This old schooler is always trying to keep up with the kids acronyms. I was hoping it stood for fortress of solitude or funky old soul but alas suspicion it is. Shame on you rag. Shameā€¦shameā€¦.shameā€¦.
Major Devante

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Wed May 08, 2024 7:32 pm

Ok, its been 3 pages.

Overall i stand by D1 disscussion brings no much point.

However, I agree with pmc Townslip do exist but are not common, but usually the newbies tends to make them. Like some dunk guy on the fisrt game. Even I gave hat to kong on last game due to it. Now I'm nto seeing much of it on this game. But I also agree with Strike I think Loose is leaning more townish. We might not like his idea, but did we like when he wanted to out cop d1 or d2 ont the tick game? he seeems to have some weird ideas, that does not make him scum. Not super helpful either though.

Not sure whats with those early town reads either. Like pmc said that on page 2. Like with close to no info. So that was weird imo.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby kongming3 on Wed May 08, 2024 11:16 pm

The issue is it seems very difficult to get new info on people with the drought of town power roles. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the matrix works, but to me it still seems reasonable to try to get a lynch going and not stay inactive before the odds continue to slip out of our favour.
Major kongming3

Postby Votanic on Thu May 09, 2024 12:44 am

kongming3 wrote:The issue is it seems very difficult to get new info on people with the drought of town power roles. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the matrix works, but to me it still seems reasonable to try to get a lynch going and not stay inactive before the odds continue to slip out of our favour.

There are some PRs, but certainly fewer in both quantity and quality compared to last game...
That reminds me: @EW: Is that 'Motion Detector role able to distinguish between visiting and being visited or is it just going tofindout there was 'some kind of movement' around the targeted player?

Yes, in a game like this, a lynch can end up being somewhat random... but even though we have not yet found definite scum... We have found a definite scum or bad townie. Basically, LC has self-volunteered that info. Even if an LC autopsy does end up showing him as being Sonic-level bad town, his demise is still a benefit for Town.
Any Townie that is so dead-set on assisting scum with information, distraction, and/or confusion is better off gone.

As for those judgement-heavy, but intel-light, player 'read' lists that PMC and strike both put out... That can be a little scummy, but mostly it just means they like taking random shots in hope of being predictive. stike complaining about it and then doing it in the same post is just...'whateveh'...

Yes sub-minimal posting is a problem. See 'swang' and 'Pixar', as worst offenders.

So far, this game set-up seems to lean in scum's favor... I seriously do hope something happens that gets Town activated and united.
...and LC's horrible and over-advertised counting idea might even be it, but not in the way he's thinking or hoping it will be.
Again, Unvote, Vote LC.
Sergeant 1st Class Votanic

Postby Charle on Thu May 09, 2024 1:10 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:You're gonna want to wait for that reveal. If kills are going through regardless if scum wants to or not, then it's safe to assume that if there is no kill the following day, and either role reveals who we block, that's a pretty cut clear dry case of town and scum.

DirtyDishSoap wrote:Who they block* fuckin phone

:lol: :lol: :lol: Can't believe everybody missed this!! So that phone of yours type "we" when you actually want it to write "they"??

I guess your phone also knows you are scum!! Sorry bud, but I really think you are caught out here, I made almost the same mistake when I was scum with pmc, but luckily nobody saw it. It is times like that when you just want to go back in again and press that "edit" button.

I really like the way you are playing but I guess we should not let this slip through our fingers. Hate to do this on D1, but,
Vote DDS
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Votanic on Thu May 09, 2024 1:43 am

Charle wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:You're gonna want to wait for that reveal. If kills are going through regardless if scum wants to or not, then it's safe to assume that if there is no kill the following day, and either role reveals who we block, that's a pretty cut clear dry case of town and scum.

:lol: :lol: :lol: Can't believe everybody missed this!! So that phone of yours type "we" when you actually want it to write "they"??

I guess your phone also knows you are scum!! Sorry bud, but I really think you are caught out here, I made almost the same mistake when I was scum with pmc, but luckily nobody saw it. It is times like that when you just want to go back in again and press that "edit" button.

I really like the way you are playing but I guess we should not let this slip through our fingers. Hate to do this on D1, but,
Vote DDS
I've got to hand it to you Charle. That is an impressive catch.
I 'm sorry I skimmed through it myself, but DDS' writing style can be hard to parse sometimes.
LC and now DDS... for Day 1, we seem to be building a file of players with real scum-tells that go beyond just vibes and ESP...
Sergeant 1st Class Votanic

Postby pmchugh on Thu May 09, 2024 1:56 am

The they/we switch doesn't actually refer to scum/town though from my reading.

I do think charle is town now.

As for people saying vibe lists are weird, honestly name something better to do on page 2. Discussing the setup is more scummy, as it's keeping active without interacting with who is town/scum, randomly voting is worse because people know it means nothing, trying to convince people to start a rand wagon can also be transparent and rarely does anything. With a vibe list, people can judge whether they agree or disagree with certain picks, they can see how you think, they can judge who you are distancing from or aligning with, of you post one later on page 5, you can see whether they have consistent reasons.or whether someone changed their mind.
Major pmchugh

Postby Ragian on Thu May 09, 2024 2:01 am

kongming3 wrote:Vote Swang!

Interesting vote with no explanation right after Vot called out Swang.
Captain Ragian

Postby Ragian on Thu May 09, 2024 2:08 am

pmchugh wrote:The they/we switch doesn't actually refer to scum/town though from my reading.

As for people saying vibe lists are weird, honestly name something better to do on page 2. Discussing the setup is more scummy, as it's keeping active without interacting with who is town/scum, randomly voting is worse because people know it means nothing, trying to convince people to start a rand wagon can also be transparent and rarely does anything. With a vibe list, people can judge whether they agree or disagree with certain picks, they can see how you think, they can judge who you are distancing from or aligning with, of you post one later on page 5, you can see whether they have consistent reasons.or whether someone changed their mind.

Pmc moved up on my townie list. I completely agree that DDS's wording doesn't necessarily mean scum (when using we) as town could be blocking. I also agree that Charle seems town based on his supposed catch. Finally, I agree that discussing matrix is less productive than vibe lists. I may have found my new favourite pet <3
Captain Ragian

Postby Charle on Thu May 09, 2024 2:58 am

pmchugh wrote:The they/we switch doesn't actually refer to scum/town though from my reading.

pmc, I would have agreed with you if he did not immediately after his post corrected himself, there is obviously something hidden in there. But, let's hear what DDS say, I always listen to both sides and will change/withdraw my vote if I am convinced otherwise.
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu May 09, 2024 4:33 am

It's a spelling error due to swiping on my phone.

I think anyone can attest how atrocious it is to swipe on some shitty screen, but I'm hardly gonna go on a rant about it. Shit happens.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Charle on Thu May 09, 2024 6:02 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:It's a spelling error due to swiping on my phone.

I think anyone can attest how atrocious it is to swipe on some shitty screen, but I'm hardly gonna go on a rant about it. Shit happens.

I hear you, these phones can drive me through walls as well. My point is, forget how the "we" or the "they" got there, why did you want to change it if it did not read scummy as pmc and Ragian trying to point out above? Just want to understand your thinking why you did it. :)

Can it be that pmc and Rag are your partners?
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu May 09, 2024 6:27 am

Votecount:
No Lynch (3) - kingm, Loose Canon, Devante
DDS (3) - Max, PMChugh, Charle
PMChugh (2) - Ragian, DDS
Swang (2) - fusi, kongming
Kingm (1) - strike
Loose Canon (1) - Votanic

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu May 09, 2024 9:33 am

Charle wrote:

I hear you, these phones can drive me through walls as well. My point is, forget how the "we" or the "they" got there, why did you want to change it if it did not read scummy as pmc and Ragian trying to point out above? Just want to understand your thinking why you did it. :)

You got us. We're down for the count, boys!

Looked like it was a silly error and I wanted to correct it.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby pmchugh on Thu May 09, 2024 10:22 am

Unvote vote swang
Major pmchugh

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu May 09, 2024 2:19 pm

Votanic wrote:
kongming3 wrote:The issue is it seems very difficult to get new info on people with the drought of town power roles. Maybe I'm misunderstanding how the matrix works, but to me it still seems reasonable to try to get a lynch going and not stay inactive before the odds continue to slip out of our favour.

There are some PRs, but certainly fewer in both quantity and quality compared to last game...
That reminds me: @EW: Is that 'Motion Detector role able to distinguish between visiting and being visited or is it just going tofindout there was 'some kind of movement' around the targeted player?

Yes, in a game like this, a lynch can end up being somewhat random... but even though we have not yet found definite scum... We have found a definite scum or bad townie. Basically, LC has self-volunteered that info. Even if an LC autopsy does end up showing him as being Sonic-level bad town, his demise is still a benefit for Town.
Any Townie that is so dead-set on assisting scum with information, distraction, and/or confusion is better off gone.

As for those judgement-heavy, but intel-light, player 'read' lists that PMC and strike both put out... That can be a little scummy, but mostly it just means they like taking random shots in hope of being predictive. stike complaining about it and then doing it in the same post is just...'whateveh'...

Yes sub-minimal posting is a problem. See 'swang' and 'Pixar', as worst offenders.

So far, this game set-up seems to lean in scum's favor... I seriously do hope something happens that gets Town activated and united.
...and LC's horrible and over-advertised counting idea might even be it, but not in the way he's thinking or hoping it will be.
Again, Unvote, Vote LC.

The Town Motion Detector may each night target a player and learn if any actions were performed by or on that player, but not what the actions were or who else they involved. They will receive the exact same result in any situation that meets this criteria, including instances of the target self-targeting, or visiting / being visited by multiple players. All night actions can be motion detected, including the Mafia's factional kill.
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby *Pixar* on Thu May 09, 2024 4:28 pm

Charle wrote:

Vote DDS

Looks like an honest mistake. I'm going with no lynch

vote No Lynch

BTW been super busy at work this week, trying to follow along still
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby Ragian on Fri May 10, 2024 1:30 am

Charle wrote:

That would be the poorest scum play ever, I think, if one scummate tilted on a typo and his scummates rushed to save him D1 :lol:

Whooops. I'm still voting PMC. unvote

@PMC, why Swang? He's always silent. I've never found it alignment indicative. I find it annoying, however. Also, I never got to play too much with you because scum arseholes killed me off N1 last game. What is your general preference D1 in terms of claims, lynching?
Captain Ragian

Postby pmchugh on Fri May 10, 2024 2:26 am

Ragian wrote:
Charle wrote:

That would be the poorest scum play ever, I think, if one scummate tilted on a typo and his scummates rushed to save him D1 :lol:

Whooops. I'm still voting PMC. unvote

@PMC, why Swang? He's always silent. I've never found it alignment indicative. I find it annoying, however. Also, I never got to play too much with you because scum arseholes killed me off N1 last game. What is your general preference D1 in terms of claims, lynching?

I hate no lynch, I have never played on a no lynch site before. The idea of it poisons everything because people can just phone it in and do nothing if they want. I thought majority lynch might improve things but it's actually made it worse because people are rushing to vote no lynch off the bat.

It doesn't matter too much whether or not we actually lynch someone, but the quality of posting goes down because we are not scared. Last game day 1 was the longest and had very good clues in it, doesn't feel the same in this game. I worry town is heading for a loss because we have basically no power roles and no discussion.

Swang felt similar vibes to last game, I don't remember him being this quiet last town game.

Who do you think is suspicious?
Major pmchugh

Postby Charle on Fri May 10, 2024 3:35 am

Ragian wrote:
Charle wrote:

Yes I agree, was only kidding mate! Ok, let's give DDS the benefit of the doubt.

Unvote DDS

I have a feeling that Devante is posting a bit different this game than before. Swang is always a bit quiet at the start. I agree with pmc, we are not getting anywhere with a no-lynch day, at lease we have something to work with even if we lynch town.

Vote Devante
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Ragian on Fri May 10, 2024 3:42 am

@PMC, I agree. People seem to hate D1 due to the blind fighting a seeing enemy, but it is very important in hindsight. And, to further embellish what you're stating, a D1 decided no lynch just makes D2 D1 instead (with a few power roles having roamed about in darkness). I'm all for getting at least a claim to see who is for, who is against, and why.

I've found Devante a tiny bit suss from his "don't give away clues to scum...and by the way, I'm not a town power role" post.

Kong's unexplained vote for Swang the post immediately after Vot called Swang out didn't sit right with me either. It felt noobishly coordinated (especially given a scum daychat), but I don't know Kong's level of experience. If it was poor executed coordination, at least we know that Kong is being given a spanking in the scumchat by Vot at this point :lol:

While I didn't really read anything into his typo, I didn't like DDS's lack of understanding of voting for a no lynch. (It must be said, however, that setups where you have to figure out what is what is not my game either.) Also, he always doubles down on how a no lynch is his preferred outcome of D1. He has abandoned that this game. Seemingly at least. I didn't feel like he responded to my asking him why he has departed from his D1 no lynch usualities other than "I'm comitted".

Lastly, it feels off that fusi has just one post in which he votes for Swang for not participating. I know he has said that his WiFi has been wonky and that others have checked to see if he did indeed miss turns, but it just feels too ironic going for a non-contributor when only having posted once yourself.

Those are my suss reads so far. If deadline was looming, I'd be voting for one of the above.

And while I don't like going after lurkers because you'd have almost nothing to pair it up with if you end up lynching them, I could be persuaded into voting for a lurker in order for them to participate. I'd much prefer mod prods, though.
---
FP'ed by Charle
---
@Charle, how do his posts feel different?
Captain Ragian

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Games