Conquer Club

The Hobbit Mafia [Town win]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the MVP for this game? (3500 credit prize)

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:28 am

Pikanchion
11%
Samlen
No votes
FloresDelMal TheForgivenOne
No votes
ZaBeast
28%
Minister Masket
6%
Iron Butterfly Icepack [color=#0040FF]Bilbo Baggins
6%
dakky21
6%
DirtyDishSoap
6%
skoffin
No votes
BuJaber
No votes
Ragian
11%
HotShot53
6%
nickthesticks Kamikaze Jawa
No votes
madmitch
6%
MudPuppy
17%

Total votes : 18

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Day 5 - Replacement needed]

Postby madmitch on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:14 pm

@ Thort does your object give you the ability to talk to someone during the day ? if not how did you manage to talk to MP ?
Cadet madmitch

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:25 pm

madmitch wrote:@ Thort does your object give you the ability to talk to someone during the day ? if not how did you manage to talk to MP ?

Ha ha, you don't fool me, you're just pretending to be that dumb.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby ZaBeast on Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:25 am

Not sure what we're waiting for. Imput from MM? It's pretty quiet atm
Anyhow, welcome TFO and thanks for replacing =D> =D> =D>
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:53 am

I apologize all, I literally joined on the worst day of the week for me lol I'm busy Mondays and Wednesdays and was rather sick Tuesday. I'll try to put my input tomorrow :)
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby MudPuppy on Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:44 pm

No worries TFO... Very thankful you chose to fill the gap.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:30 am

Alright. So bare with me, I haven't played a serious game of Mafia in about 3 years, so the rust is all over me.

1st off,

madmitch wrote:@ Thort does your object give you the ability to talk to someone during the day ? if not how did you manage to talk to MP ?

Is there another item that I missed, or is he referring to the LoE? (Light of Earendil). Because from what I've seen, the LoE doesn't describe as the ability talk to people.

TT pretty blatantly asked MP about the word Earendil in the thread. Honestly it sounds like mitch was trying to cause confusion with that. or.. just really dumb. I don't know mitch well enough though.

So TT, MM, MP, and ZaB are clear. All of these are confirmed and it's general acceptance of town? if so, that seems like pretty good to have 4/8 of remaining players confirmed Town.

Mitch is claimed Backup doc... Can someone point to who he claimed as? And I find it hard to believe, but I've only ever been in 1 game with a Backup Doc, and it had 9 more players than this one. Plus from a Hobbit based game, I honestly can't think of 2 characters that could pass as Docs. Hmm. I'll have to think on that.

Also, from ZaB's summary, I see Pika's name pop up a lot. I like that, means he's driving forward thoughtful discussion a lot.

With a game of this size, I honestly figured we'd have a Third Party. Considering we haven't seen one pop up, that makes me a little anxious/nervous, but I can't think of a TP that would fit the mold of this game so far. If it was a Cult, they would have won by now probably. SK doesn't seem to fit with 1 kills per night. Now I'm creating a WIFOM for myself.Ugh.

Coming into this game this late is hard, but I honestly think the worst culprit so far has been mitch. That's where I would cast my vote. But I'd like some feedback on my thoughts before proceeding. This is a lot to wrap my head around, especially with me not playing for so long.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby madmitch on Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:46 am

First of all ,Welcome to the game TFO ,and thanks for playing, I can't help on what role I was given ,it is what I got, I know it sounds untrue but it is not.
Cadet madmitch

Postby Minister Masket on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:29 am

Mitch has a uhhh....interesting style of play. The only trouble with it is that he rarely strays from it, meaning it's a bastard trying to pin down which side of the fence he's on. :P

That said I don't remember either if he gave a role name before. Care to share mitch? You're basically at the point vote-wise where it should be happening anyway.
Victrix Fortuna Sapientia

Private Minister Masket

Postby MudPuppy on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:04 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:Alright. So bare with me, I haven't played a serious game of Mafia in about 3 years, so the rust is all over me.

1st off,

Is there another item that I missed, or is he referring to the LoE? (Light of Earendil). Because from what I've seen, the LoE doesn't describe as the ability talk to people.

TT pretty blatantly asked MP about the word Earendil in the thread. Honestly it sounds like mitch was trying to cause confusion with that. or.. just really dumb. I don't know mitch well enough though.

No other item. LoE is a 1-shot investigation. Not sure what mitch is on about as all our talk was in forum, though it was a bit coded at first... but started off with Thor saying he "KNOWS" ZaBeast is town before coming around to ask me if I knew about Earendil. I first just said "yes" with no support and finally came around to give full details.

TheForgivenOne wrote:So TT, MM, MP, and ZaB are clear. All of these are confirmed and it's general acceptance of town? if so, that seems like pretty good to have 4/8 of remaining players confirmed Town.

We all WERE confirmed town at one point... but there is still the possibility of a recruiter in the game so there is some question now. General consensus is that a recruiter may only have one shot to recruit otherwise it would be over powered (and with half the players dead we've seen no hard evidence of a recruiter). I'm assuming recruiter is associated with The Enemy rather than 3rd party based on HotShot's role which indicated he was a spy that "can not be killed by a mafia kill, nor can you be recruited" and therefore likely unknown to the rest of The Enemy.

TheForgivenOne wrote:Mitch is claimed Backup doc... Can someone point to who he claimed as? And I find it hard to believe, but I've only ever been in 1 game with a Backup Doc, and it had 9 more players than this one. Plus from a Hobbit based game, I honestly can't think of 2 characters that could pass as Docs. Hmm. I'll have to think on that.

He claimed to be Bombur.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby TheForgivenOne on Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:35 pm

A Very Muddy Puppy wrote:No other item. LoE is a 1-shot investigation. Not sure what mitch is on about as all our talk was in forum, though it was a bit coded at first... but started off with Thor saying he "KNOWS" ZaBeast is town before coming around to ask me if I knew about Earendil. I first just said "yes" with no support and finally came around to give full details.

This is my thoughts. So I don't get where mitch got this whole "TT had to talk to you in private" thing.

madmitch wrote:I am town and will prove it if needed....

So I was looking through some of the posts and saw that. How on Earth are you supposed to "prove" you're town, when you're a backup doc? :-s That sounds more like "I have information that proves it", like a cop claim (Already gone), or has a day action of sorts. A regular Doc claim makes sense... hard to disprove. But Back up? Suspicious.

We all WERE confirmed town at one point... but there is still the possibility of a recruiter in the game so there is some question now. General consensus is that a recruiter may only have one shot to recruit otherwise it would be over powered (and with half the players dead we've seen no hard evidence of a recruiter). I'm assuming recruiter is associated with The Enemy rather than 3rd party based on HotShot's role which indicated he was a spy that "can not be killed by a mafia kill, nor can you be recruited" and therefore likely unknown to the rest of The Enemy.

Gotcha :D

MP, just curious, do you happen to know if the LoE would see past a Godfather type role? We've only seen a Spy (Which from what I understand was unknown to Mafia?) and a Mafia Goon. I'm assuming Mafia has at least one.. semi powerful role.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Pikanchion on Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:04 pm

Are you going to claim TheForgivenOne?
Private Pikanchion

Postby MudPuppy on Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:33 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:MP, just curious, do you happen to know if the LoE would see past a Godfather type role? We've only seen a Spy (Which from what I understand was unknown to Mafia?) and a Mafia Goon. I'm assuming Mafia has at least one.. semi powerful role.

The item's description made no mention of cases where it would not work... but that scenario is certainly plausible.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Thorthoth on Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:59 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:MP, just curious, do you happen to know if the LoE would see past a Godfather type role? We've only seen a Spy (Which from what I understand was unknown to Mafia?) and a Mafia Goon. I'm assuming Mafia has at least one.. semi powerful role.

No such limitation was mentioned to me when I received the role... a little odd of you to ask, TFO... but I suppose it's good to consider all possibilities.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby ZaBeast on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:13 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:So I was looking through some of the posts and saw that. How on Earth are you supposed to "prove" you're town, when you're a backup doc? That sounds more like "I have information that proves it", like a cop claim (Already gone), or has a day action of sorts. A regular Doc claim makes sense... hard to disprove. But Back up? Suspicious.

He said he did that so scum may want to kill him instead of a more important townie. But it doesn't feel right to me either.

TheForgivenOne wrote:Also, from ZaB's summary, I see Pika's name pop up a lot. I like that, means he's driving forward thoughtful discussion a lot.

At the beginning of the game, yes. Now, much less.

Anyways, as I've already said earlier, I still believe mitch is the best choice. If there is a recruiter, it can't be me (because the only scum role that might bypass the LoE would be godfather), or TFO (mitch has to be scum for TFO to be scum (not talking about being recruited), since he can't be backup doc if there is no doc, and therefore there would be too many scums for there to be a recruiter), so it would have to be either mitch, Sam or pika. From these three, mitch is the most suspect IMO, and it has the added benefit that if he is recruiter, the game is pretty much won for town, because he likely couldn't use it last night, and therefore would have to have used it N1 (or not at all), which narrows the number of suspects. And if I was godfather, there would still be one scum between the unconfirmed townies, so I think we should continue as is for now. But it's good that TFO is bringing a new perspective to the discussion.
MP, how was it phrased? Because if it was basically a one-shot cop, wouldn't it probably return town results for a godfather (unfortunately)?
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Thorthoth on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:01 pm

It was presented to me as one-shot alignment investigation...
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby MudPuppy on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:27 pm

Yes, "One Shot Investigation" was the only description I was given.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Nov 26, 2017 11:51 pm

Deadline set for 72 hours from now. Click here for time in your area.
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:08 am

Minister Masket wrote:Mitch has a uhhh....interesting style of play. The only trouble with it is that he rarely strays from it, meaning it's a bastard trying to pin down which side of the fence he's on. :P

That said I don't remember either if he gave a role name before. Care to share mitch? You're basically at the point vote-wise where it should be happening anyway.

Minister, you have done an admirable job of foot-dragging... but there is now a deadline to contend with.
Are you, or are you not, going to jump on the town-sponsored Mitch-lynch wagon? I understand there is even a band.

And if you are not, have you, by any chance, been recently recruited into any unseemly and nefarious secret clubs?
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Day 5 - Deadline set]

Postby ZaBeast on Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:56 am

Bummer. It was nice being a confirmed townie. Now I'm just less likely to be scum than others. Anyways, I rest my case on mitch, hopefully one of you holding the hammer will drop it, this is going nowhere atm (let's pray he flips godfather).
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Pikanchion on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:31 pm

Pikanchion wrote:Are you going to claim TheForgivenOne?
Private Pikanchion

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:57 am

Are you going to vote Pika (36 hours or so 'til the deadline)?

Are you asking TFO to claim or just asking him if he's going to claim? If the latter, why would he with nobody asking him to claim and no votes against him. If the former, what are you hoping to accomplish by pressuring him to do so? Fake claims seem to have been given out to scum... but if he's town, it narrows down the selection of targets for scum.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Nov 28, 2017 2:21 pm

Okay, let's get serious here.

Before this ends with a scum-benefiting 'no lynch' let's review our options.

To review:
Madmitch (4): MudPuppy, Samlen, Thorthoth, ZaBeast
Not Voting (4): TheForgivenOne, madmitch, Minister Masket, Pikanchion

As a responsible town voter, I'm a bit peeved at the three non-target non-voters. Minister's stubbornness is even making me a believer in the recruiter theory.
If there is will and reason for a change of band-wagon, I will consider it.

This should at least give everybody new reason to flap their gums yea or nay.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby MudPuppy on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:22 pm

No way I'm entertaining a shift from mitch this late in the day... that's just a recipe for a no lynch... Either hammer him or don't. I can certainly understand scum not voting but any townie not voting is unwise. Anyone not voting by the end of today is scummy in my book. If you feel strongly that mitch is innocent then state your reasons why and pick someone else... but my vote is staying on mitch.
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Nov 28, 2017 4:31 pm

MudPuppy wrote:No way I'm entertaining a shift from mitch this late in the day... that's just a recipe for a no lynch... Either hammer him or don't. I can certainly understand scum not voting but any townie not voting is unwise. Anyone not voting by the end of today is scummy in my book. If you feel strongly that mitch is innocent then state your reasons why and pick someone else... but my vote is staying on mitch.

Indeed, and this standoff is certainly giving Sam town cred by default.
Seriously, we need the non-voting townies to really explain why they don't think Mitch is scum.
It is possible, a lot is still unknown... but to be this resistant to the idea, they must think they have some reason. Now seems to be the time to disclose and reveal.

...and if there have been multiple recruitments, then I stand by what I said earlier about such a game being an unwinnable snipe-hunt for town.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Nov 28, 2017 7:02 pm

Thorthoth wrote:Seriously, we need the non-voting townies to really explain why they don't think Mitch is scum.

None of us expressed that opinion, however before FloresDelMal was replaced everybody was on board with them claiming, why is this no longer the case?
Private Pikanchion

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives