Conquer Club

The Hobbit Mafia [Town win]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Who is the MVP for this game? (3500 credit prize)

Poll ended at Tue Mar 27, 2018 5:28 am

Pikanchion
11%
Samlen
No votes
FloresDelMal TheForgivenOne
No votes
ZaBeast
28%
Minister Masket
6%
Iron Butterfly Icepack [color=#0040FF]Bilbo Baggins
6%
dakky21
6%
DirtyDishSoap
6%
skoffin
No votes
BuJaber
No votes
Ragian
11%
HotShot53
6%
nickthesticks Kamikaze Jawa
No votes
madmitch
6%
MudPuppy
17%

Total votes : 18

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Day 5 - Deadline set]

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:57 pm

Pikanchion wrote:
Thorthoth wrote:Seriously, we need the non-voting townies to really explain why they don't think Mitch is scum.

None of us expressed that opinion, however before FloresDelMal was replaced everybody was on board with them claiming, why is this no longer the case?

Good question, though at the moment, votes mean more than claims.
The Forgiven One's last post seemed to have him leaning hard on Mitch, so why hasn't that translated into a vote?
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby MudPuppy on Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:04 am

MudPuppy wrote:Are you going to vote Pika (36 18 hours or so 'til the deadline)?
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby ZaBeast on Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:51 am

One of the advantages of voting mitch is that it means TFO doesn't need to claim. If mitch flips town, TFO is doc, if mitch is scum, we'll work with this tomorrow depending on mitch's role, so the remaining scum doesn't know what TFO role is (unless it's TFO). I'm not sure how a claim from TFO would actually be a good thing, even if TFO claims doc I still wouldn't believe mitch anyways. I can understand not voting before the deadline was set, but pika is just making the day drag on now.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby TheForgivenOne on Wed Nov 29, 2017 3:07 pm

Sorry all, I simply don't have much time to put towards truly being in here everyday.

Thanks for the explanation on the LoE. Good to know.

Considering I'm grilling mitch hard, I can guarantee you that I'm not the Doc. I don't want to go into this night with a No Lynch. A lot of what he has said so far I have found to be scummy, or at least not town oriented, so I'm going to go ahead and Vote: Madmitch.

For a game of this size, I don't believe a backup doc is feasible.

ZaBeast wrote:He said he did that so scum may want to kill him instead of a more important townie. But it doesn't feel right to me either.

What kind of doc, regardless if it's a Backup Doc, wants them to be the target?
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby madmitch on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:37 pm

you will be all be sorry killing another town, well good luck
Cadet madmitch

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:17 pm

That’s a lunch. Scene in a few hours once home from work
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby Ragian on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:11 am

Early lunch at that :lol:

Ooooooooh
Captain Ragian

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Night 5]

Postby lord voldemort on Thu Nov 30, 2017 4:56 am

It was a weary journey, and a quiet and stealthy one. There was no laughter or song or sound of harps, and the pride and hopes which had stirred in their hearts at the singing of old songs by the lake died away to a plodding gloom. They knew that they were drawing near to the end of their journey, and that it might be a very horrible end.

They reached the skirts of the Mountain all the same without meeting any danger or any sign of the Dragon other than the wilderness he had made about his lair. The Mountain lay dark and silent before them and ever higher above them.

"The dragon is still alive and in the halls under the Mountain then-or I imagine so from the smoke," said the hobbit.
If the map was true, somewhere high above the cliff at the valley's head must stand the secret door. Day by day they came back to their camp without success.
But at last unexpectedly they found what they were seeking. Fili and Kili and the hobbit went back one day down the valley and scrambled among the tumbled rocks at its southern corner.

No sign was there of post or lintel or threshold, nor any sign of bar or bolt or key-hole; yet they did not doubt that they had found the door at last. They beat on it, they thrust and pushed at it, they implored it to move, they spoke fragments of broken spells of opening, and nothing stirred...

Then Gandalf stepped up and drew the key on its chain from round his neck. He put it to the hole. It fitted and it turned! Snap! The gleam went out, the sun sank, the moon was gone, and evening sprang into the sky. Now they all pushed together, and slowly a part of the rock-wall gave way. Long straight cracks appeared and widened. A door five feet high and three broad was out - lined, and slowly without a sound swung inwards. It seemed as if darkness flowed out like a vapour from the hole in the mountain-side, and deep darkness in which nothing could be seen lay before their eyes mouth leading in and down.

"Old Smaug is weary and asleep," he thought. "He can't, see me and he won't hear me. Cheer up Bilbo!" He had forgotten or had never heard about dragons' sense of smell.....
"Well, thief! I smell you and I feel your air. I hear your breath. Come along! Help yourself again, there is plenty and to spare!"
"Truly songs and tales fall utterly short of the reality, O Smaug the Chiefest and Greatest of Calamities," replied Bilbo

“I am the king under the mountain” claims Smaug...

But the company rallied and together they have slain the mighty Dragon...

Madmitch. Smaug, a Goon allied with The Enemy has been lynched.

show: role

72 hours for night actions click here for deadline

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Night 5 - Chiefest calamity]

Postby madmitch on Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:23 am

you got me ,you little bastards, good game guys
Cadet madmitch

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Day 6- A morning to be good on]

Postby lord voldemort on Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:22 pm

Sorry guys. crazy weekend and couldnt get back online to post a scene...

Smaug was slain. The dwarves felt they had re-claimed their home. The treasure of the mountain was theirs again.

"Behold! the birds are gathering back again to the Mountain and to Dale from South and East and West, for word has gone out that Smaug is dead!" "Dead! Dead?" shouted the dwarves. "Dead! Then we have been in needless fear-and the treasure is ours!"

"They have come!" called Balin. "And their camp is very great. They must have come into the valley under the cover of dusk along both banks of the river."

"Who are you," he called in a very loud voice, "that come as if in war to the gates of Thorin son of Thrain, King under the Mountain, and what do you desire?"

"Hail Thorin! Why do you fence yourself like a robber in his hold? We are not yet foes, and we rejoice that you are alive beyond our hope. We came expecting to find none living here; yet now that we are met there is matter for a parley and a council."

"Who are you, and of what would you parley?"

"I am Bard, and by my hand was the dragon slain and your treasure delivered. Is that not a matter that concerns you? Moreover I am by right descent the heir of Girion of Dale, and in your hoard is mingled much of the wealth of his halls and town, which of old Smaug stole. Is not that a matter of which we may speak? Further in his last battle Smaug destroyed the dwellings of the men of Esgaroth, and I am yet the servant of their Master. I would speak for him and ask whether you have no thought for the sorrow and misery of his people. They aided you in your distress, and in recompense you have thus far brought ruin only, though doubtless undesigned."

"I will not parley, as I have said, with armed men at my gate. Nor at all with the people of the Elvenking, whom I remember with small kindness. In this debate they have no place. Begone now ere our arrows fly! And if you would speak with me again, first dismiss the elvish host to the woods where it belongs, and then return, laying down your arms before you approach the threshold."

Well know this then....MudPuppy. Gandalf the Grey, an Inventor allied with Thorin’s Company is dead

show: role

Not Voting (5): Samlen, Thorthoth, TheForgiveneOne, ZaBeast, Minister Masket, Pikanchion

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

There is currently no deadline in place

Re: The Hobbit Mafia [Day 6 - Good Morning?]

Postby MudPuppy on Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:07 pm

Good game, all. Let's go Town!!!
Colonel MudPuppy

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Dec 03, 2017 8:42 pm

Wow, Gandalf is dead... :(
...and why was Smaug just a vanilla goon?

Anyway, does anyone have anything to report?
Something truthful might be nice...
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby ZaBeast on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:42 pm

Good news: there's most likely one scum left, and no recruiter, so we got two confirmed town (thor+MM)
Bad news: the ones we killed so far were weak af, so the scum left must have some power role. Also means I'm not confirmed anymore because the remaining scum could well be the godfather :(

Nothing to report thor

I'd want Sam's imput about why he didn't shot anyone last night
I'd lean on Flores/TFO scum based on Flore's defense of mitch, but I don't have time yet to look back on D3. And also, I wonder if TFO brought the godfather talk because that was actually his role. Will post more later on.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:03 am

If there is/was a recruiter, how are any of the town completely confirmed anymore?
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby ZaBeast on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:18 am

If there was a recruiter, I would expect a line about recruiting in his role pm. Since we already lynched three scum, I'm confident we don't have a recruiter, as it would imply a scum team comprised of 4½-5 members (depending how you count HS) and the potential loss of a PR from town.
Anyways, if there was a recruiter, the plan should still be to lynch the confirmed townies last (because they can't be the recruiter)
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:24 am

Wait...why does TFO or Za think there is a Godfather?
Couldn't anyone just invoke a Godfather in any game to question an investigation result?
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Samlen on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:31 am

I did shoot last night. Or, at least tried to shoot the forgiven one last night. Given he didn't die, someone roleblocked me or he had a vest of some sort.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby ZaBeast on Mon Dec 04, 2017 6:13 pm

Thorthoth wrote:Wait...why does TFO or Za think there is a Godfather?
Couldn't anyone just invoke a Godfather in any game to question an investigation result?

I'm just saying it's possible. Yes, a godfather is a pain in the ass. In this case not so much, because it would only change something if there was one and I was it

I'd like to hear from Sam about why he tried to shoot TFO before I give my own arguments.
At the same time, if I believe Sam, I don't see how a bulletproof scum would make sense.

As a heads up, I won't be available from Dec. 22nd to Jan. 7th. Hopefully the game will be done by then, but I may have to be replaced/take a break for the holidays
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Samlen on Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:51 pm

The pool of nonconfirmed townies was dwindling and tfo was among them (pika the other choice). Was also pretty slow to hammer mitch, could've been hoping for a no-lynch from deadline, but decided town cred would get him further? Plus he hasn't claimed anything, if I recall correctly.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby TheForgivenOne on Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:50 am

Well, it was a nice Vest I had. Keyword was.

I'll come forward and confirm I am in fact Dwalin, and I had a 1 shot Bulletproof Vest.

I only brought up the possibility of Godfather because generally Mafia has at least one "power" role, especially for a game this size. I mean, it could be a Roleblocker. But considering we've only seen 2 Goons plus a Spy, I honestly think Mafia's last person alive is a power role. We've basically ruled out a Driver as all actions seem to have gone according to plan.

I want to believe that Zabeast is town aligned, from what I've read of his posts, I've leaned more toward him being town.

I'll attempt to reread a bit tomorrow (It's going on midnight for me. Mondays and Wednesdays aren't good for me reading the forums as I get home past 11:30 each night).
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby Pikanchion on Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:52 am

We don't have an investigative role unless it's ZaBeast or TheForgivenOne, and if either of them were they should have enough information to know exactly who is scum already and would surely have claimed so. As we have no investigator and only a one-shot investigation item I see no way that any character could give a false report when investigated (and if somebody were to give a false report then the Spy seems the obvious choice and they're already dead).

Thorthoth is confirmed Town
Minister Masket is a Mason
ZaBeast was confirmed Town by a confirmed Town

Samlen shot TheForgivenOne last night, corroborated by TheForgivenOne
Somebody else died last night, so must have been killed by either myself or TheForgivenOne
I know I'm not scum

Vote: TheForgivenOne
Private Pikanchion

Postby ZaBeast on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:37 am

I don't believe Sam is scum
1) mitch voted for him, and I don't think mitch would have voted against a scummate.
2) vig. role, and I don't think mafia would have extra night kills like that. We had a vengeful goon though, so who knows
Therefore, it's a toss-up between pika and TFO. Pika is not very active, Flores defended mitch D3.
Another point to consider is the NK-less N4. We'd have to assume mitch has been roleblocked by KJ because there was no scum kill. Makes most sense with a scum team consisting of pika or TFO. TFO because he was AWOL, so mitch would have had to take the kill. Pika because KJ did express some suspicion on pika near the end of D4, so there is a slight chance he was blocked instead of mitch.
Kamikaze Jawa wrote:unvote Samlen, vote Hotshot. Not an OMGUS vote, but following the direction of our confirmed town, and you've been suspected by multiple people since Day 1. The post from Skoff that ZaBeast reminded us of is interesting as well (it makes Pika look a little questionable as well).

I'm also still wanting to know how mitch can allegedly prove that he is town, given he's been scummy for days.

Still, I'd have to go with TFO, but I'll hold on my vote until I can go back to D3 and post more thoughts later.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby ZaBeast on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:45 am

My thoughts (don't expect much)
1- mitch flipping scum means scum didn't know dakky had a vengeful ability (because if they did, mitch wouldn't have been so terrified of hammering him). That means pika not jumping back on dakky's wagon at the end of D2 might be scummy, especially since he claimed VT (and the only power VTs have is to be expandable)
2- MP's role states he has a killing item. If someone (thor, MM) has it, I think it would be nice knowing, because that would mean the game is pretty much won for town (we can lynch 2 people and a townie could NK one more. Even if those were purely random, a lone scum would have ¼*1/3*½=1/24 chances of surviving. And that is if you consider me a non-confirmed town). If no one has the killing item, we should be extra careful about today's lynch for the off-chance there are 2 scums left (5 seems a bit much, though HS' role said he couldn't perform the NK, so it might be possible) as we would formally be at LYLO. Though I believe pika and/or TFO are scum.
3- mitch was after pika during D3, though he never voted him. Not sure if that makes pika town or not.
madmitch wrote:@ Sam interesting post, did you happen to notice that Pika was on the wagon then he got of then he voted for DDS, funny how after he did that Dakky killed DDS , makes you wonder doesn't it :-k
(and others like that)
4- I was wrong about Flores defending mitch on D3. Well, she did, but only twice (once D2 and once D3)
show: D2

show: D3

Still not sure who I'm going to vote for, deciding between pika and TFO is hard. I'm probably gonna wait for MM before I make up my mind while I'm at it.
@TFO, did LoVo told you your vest had been put to good use or are you just going by Sam's word?
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby ZaBeast on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:52 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:MOD NOTE: Y'all are quiet.

On a serious note, I need your guys opinion. Doubt most of you know, Thorthoth has received a forum ban. Due to me being a part of the mod team, I want to remain impartial to the decision.

TheForgivenOne wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:What is the length of [the ban?
Was he taken away in a van?

1 Month

FYI. No way we're getting a second replacement, I guess we'll have to be patient/lynch someone without thor being around (I vote for option 2, at least for today)

And btw Sam, how were you notified your kill failed (if you were at all)?
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Samlen on Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:22 am

Wasn't notified at all. Just saw he wasn't dead when day started. And honestly being essentially one player down at this point in the game for a whole month is crippling, especially as this game could end in a week with a little activity. So yeah, a replacement would be nice if at all possible, especially since we had that synopsis recently.

That said, we're at the point where we've killed 3 mafia and probably have just one more plus maaaaybe a thirdparty survivor or something. Or, given the semi low power level of the mafia we've seen so far, both of them are mafia. We lynch pika or TFO today and even if it's the wrong one, we can lynch the other the next day as long as three extra kills don't magically appear during the night. I'm willing to lynch either of them today and unless someone else has strong evidence suggesting a different scenario, we should be able to finish this game easily enough. I'm going to wait a couple days to hear thoughts on about the possibilities of replacing thor before voting given 1/6 of our voice (and the mod confirmed townie) will be gone if don't have him.
Lieutenant Samlen

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives