Conquer Club

Chess Mafia [Game Ended - 3rd party wins]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Chess Mafia [Day 2 - 8/9 alive]

Postby madmitch on Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:10 pm

I just don't understand why you didn't investigate Pika , Rags you had the chance to see what was going on and who Pika was after he could not be hung, I think a cop would want to know what's up?
Cadet madmitch

Postby dakky21 on Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:06 pm

Actually Mitch brought a good point. Why Mandy?

"I'm a fucking cop" is a bold claim and/or possibly a fake claim, but the real cop won't counter as I said before. Something is odd here.

I say we continue "as it is" - Rage is a "cop" and we lynch someone of these four, but tomorrow either Mandy or Rage, especially if we mislynch someone not "confirmed" as town.
Captain dakky21

Postby Skoffin on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:48 pm

Thid game is hurting my soul.
Either mitch is svum ot he's hinting at clsiming cop.
Illrage about this later.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby ZaBeast on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:16 pm

I'm torn atm
I don't think both mitch and Ragian are scum. Therefore, if we lynch right, the other one would go way up in my town readings. Now,the suspicions about the setup I have/had can only be verified with more deaths (unfortunately). Thus, as
1) I'm convinced there still is another scum between the rest of the town
2) I think the Rag situation can be sorted out better tomorrow (giving more weight to my suspicions about the setup if they turn out to seem true)
3) According to pika, ragian is not the leader of the scum team anyways (so the other scum would probably be a bigger, badder one if Ragian is scum)
4) Ragian claimed cop, and I don't want to risk it if I'm not convinced my suspicions are founded
Shouldn't we try to lynch someone that is not either Rag or mitch, and get back to them tomorrow? Unvote

I don't think mitch is soft-claiming cop, but he has a good point.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Skoffin on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:11 am

Why can't we lynch Mitch today? Why does he need to wait for tomorow?
Mitch did not make any good points, so what are you referring to?

madmitch wrote:I just don't understand why you didn't investigate Pika , Rags you had the chance to see what was going on and who Pika was after he could not be hung, I think a cop would want to know what's up?

What kind of malarkey is this?? Of course Ragian would not investigate Pika who claims to have info that Ragian is scum, because by default a town-Ragian would assume that Pika is scum by giving false claims against him. Why would you waste an investigation confirming someone is scum if you already have the evidence to say that they are? It would be prudent to check someone else, which is what he claims to have done by claiming mandy is town.

Once again everyone is letting an obvious scummy mitch slide.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby mandalorian2298 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:33 am

On the topis of "The real cop won't counterclaim because if he does he'll get killed". :roll: :roll: :roll:

If this is true then the role of Cop has been given to an idiot who doesn't understand the point of his role. Here is how a Cop is played: you investigate people until you found the one who is scum and then you claim so that Scum can be lynched. 1 scum is worth 3 Townies, so losing the Cop in exchange for a guaranteed good lynch is a great deal for the Town.

Not to mention that there is also a role called "Doc" which is sure to protect the Cop after he had correctly identified a scum.

P.S. If I never again see the "He claimed a major role but of course the REAL major role wouldn't counter claim because they are too major" argument again, it will be too soon.
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby ZaBeast on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:13 am

I was just thinking we could make a more educated guess tomorrow about who between mitch and Ragian is scum (because I believe if Ragian is scum, then mitch wouldn't be, and conversely, so a right lynch would reduce the lynch candidates). Basically, if Ragian is scum and we lynch him correctly tomorrow, I would place mitch in my town list (If mitch flips scum, then Rag goes in the town list). Even if we happen to mislynch today, we'd have more chances of having a "safe" townie the following day. But as of now I'd only vote Ragian if it appears my theory is true or he is giving out scum tells (or a counter-claim, obviously), so, now that I think of it, maybe that's too much of an oddball scenario (because my idea is only beneficial if Ragian is scum and my theory is true) so Vote mitch

I'm not saying the real cop isn't counter-claiming. If it's a fake claim, I'd be more inclined to think there is no cop than there is one that isn't counter-claiming.
@Mandy, though if a cop is hiding it's not a bad strategy. If he dies, Ragian gets a ticket to hell right away. By not revealing he might be able to confirm more townies when he does.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Ragian on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:19 am

madmitch wrote:I just don't understand why you didn't investigate Pika , Rags you had the chance to see what was going on and who Pika was after he could not be hung, I think a cop would want to know what's up?

I know Pika is lying. Why investigate him? It doesn't make any sense! Mandy, however, rubbed me the wrong way D1. That should be fairly obvious, too, when reading the game.

Now, why did you fail to claim when you were at L-2? And why is no one else concerned about this?

ZaBeast wrote:I'm torn atm
I don't think both mitch and Ragian are scum. Therefore, if we lynch right, the other one would go way up in my town readings. Now,the suspicions about the setup I have/had can only be verified with more deaths (unfortunately).[...]
4) Ragian claimed cop, and I don't want to risk it if I'm not convinced my suspicions are founded
Shouldn't we try to lynch someone that is not either Rag or mitch, and get back to them tomorrow? Unvote

I don't think mitch is soft-claiming cop, but he has a good point.

While I know I left out some of your points, I don't get how any calculations can get you from "both aren't scum" to "let's deal with someone else instead" when lynching mitch (or me for that matter) would sort out the problem... Beast is reeeeally rubbing me the wrong way in this game.

@Skoffin, not everyone.

@Mandy, I agree. A cop with a guilty verdict should (almost) always claim. Now, get back to voting mitch.

FP'ed by Beast now voting mitch. This is weirding me out. Why are you backtracking like this? Why are you voting mitch all of a sudden? (FYI, if I were scum mitch, I'd claim Hector.) Also, I think you're using "theory" wrongly ;)
Captain Ragian

Postby ZaBeast on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:38 am

You're right, I shouldn't call it a theory. I should have sticked to "suspicions about the setup".
I'm not voting mitch "all of a sudden". I did some flip-flopping, but so far I've voted mitch most of the day (I started voting mitch, then you, then back to mitch, then unvoted for a short time, then decided to vote mitch again). My arguments are the same as when I entered. As for the backtracking, I explained it in the post you've been fp'ed with.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Ragian on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:45 am

I don't know if I'm convinced about you, though. But I'm happy that you're voting Mitch.
Captain Ragian

Postby mandalorian2298 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:15 am

ZaBeast wrote:@Mandy, though if a cop is hiding it's not a bad strategy. If he dies, Ragian gets a ticket to hell right away. By not revealing he might be able to confirm more townies when he does.

Yes it is, a horrible, horrible move. As far as I'm concerned, unless he is counter-claimed today, Ragian is the Cop. So, if I am at LYLO with Ragian and another player who THEN decides to claim Cop, I sure as hell ain't voting Ragian. Also, if someone not named Ragian comes out with an "investigation result" tomorrow, claiming that they have brilliantly withheld information from the Town today, they shall be invited to get carnally acquainted with a water fowl.

Good, simple play wins; people trying to be geniuses lose.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.

Postby Ragian on Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:43 am

Simple play = vote for mitch
Captain Ragian

Postby madmitch on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:14 am

I am a black bishop ,nothing special ,no abilities just my vote
Cadet madmitch

Postby Skoffin on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:25 am

Clergy must die.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby Ragian on Thu Nov 16, 2017 6:45 am

So... I'm a knight and I'm a cop, but you're claiming a powerless bishop? I don't buy it.
Captain Ragian

Re: Chess Mafia [Day 1 - 9/9 alive]

Postby BuJaber on Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:14 am

Vote Count:

Ragian (2)- madmitch, Pikanchion
Skoffin (1) - dakky21
mandalorian2298 (1) - Thorthoth
Madmitch (2) - Ragian, Zabeast
Thorthoth (1) - mandalorian2298

There is currently no deadline.
With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

If you think I made a mistake, point it out please (I'm only human). If I don't correct it then assume no mistakes.
Major BuJaber

Postby dakky21 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:22 am

I don't buy it either. DDS was a black pawn and that was a VT role. I can imagine there are more pawns as VT's and power roles are on the main units like King, Queen, Bishop, Knight etc.

Well, mitch finally gave me the reason to vote for him. I don't believe he is a VT bishop and that's it.

unvote, vote mitch
Captain dakky21

Postby mandalorian2298 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:52 am

Ragian wrote:So... I'm a knight and I'm a cop, but you're claiming a powerless bishop? I don't buy it.

I agree, it sounds suspicious. If you guys won't see the light and lynch Thorth, I'm prepared to hamer Mitch.

Postby madmitch on Thu Nov 16, 2017 11:56 am

that is fine ,please hurry and kill me :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cadet madmitch

Postby dakky21 on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:20 pm

And now playing a jester card while being a powerless bishop. How far will you go?
Captain dakky21

Postby madmitch on Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:31 pm

who said anything about a jester ? \:D/ \:D/ =P~ [-X
Cadet madmitch

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:29 pm

Please... Unvote, Vote Mitch.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Ragian on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:33 pm

Lol...did you just copy paste from one mafia thread to another?
Captain Ragian

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Ragian wrote:Lol...did you just copy paste from one mafia thread to another?

Not at all, it was a true coincidence brought about my Mitch's inimitable play style.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Pikanchion on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:36 pm

Unvote: Ragian
Vote: Thorthoth

Also the king is somebody I have actually played chess with.
Private Pikanchion

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives