Conquer Club

CYOC #5 [5/16] ENDGAME [DINO DOWN]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC #5 [8/16] D4 [D-D-D-Drop the beat no more]

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:22 pm

Pikanchion wrote:It is also worth noting that should everybody believe the claim then Metsfanmax no longer has any real incentive to help town unless it is clear the mafia will win on a day that is inopportune for them if they don't; voting for the wrong person on a town-aligned day is far more risky than simply pushing for a no lynch (safe in the knowledge that scum have no reason to kill them) and waiting until they are on the mafia side again.

The specifics of this game override these generalities. I almost certainly have to help town on D5 and D6, because I can't know whether mafia will still be in the game on D7. And this game is shaping up to be so close that I don't think it'll even be clear to me on D6 how the game will play out. So I basically have to hedge right now and play for the side I'm actually on at the time. Hence if you lynch me, you lose two town votes on D5 and D6. More importantly, you pass up the opportunity to actually scum hunt today.

Your call.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby aage on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:07 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:aage isn't accusing me of lying. It was a misunderstanding that I corrected.

No, the misunderstanding seems to be your own. I simply don't believe you.

We should be lynching Mets without hesitation. Worst case, he is a third party survivor who will inevitably and by his own admission flip scum. Best case, we lynch an SK.

I also find it hilarious that Mets thinks there's gonna be a scum hunt on this day. The game has ground to a near halt and he is currently a suspect. He's offered no alternative suspect - in fact, nobody has offered an alternative.

Ragian, why haven't you hammered yet? Cat got your vote?
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:11 pm

aage wrote:We should be lynching Mets without hesitation. Worst case, he is a third party survivor who will inevitably and by his own admission flip scum.

No, by my own admission, I will flip third party. Try reading posts.

I also find it hilarious that Mets thinks there's gonna be a scum hunt on this day. The game has ground to a near halt and he is currently a suspect. He's offered no alternative suspect - in fact, nobody has offered an alternative.

I suggested we go offer benga, as I have suggested before. Again, try reading posts.

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:13 pm

Also it's ridiculous that you keep suggesting there's any chance I am the SK. Are you purposefully ignoring the secret vote from D1 because it's inconvenient to your tunnel vision theory?

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:15 pm

Vote count:

Metsfanmax: mandalorian2298, madmitch, aage, Pikanchion L-1

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Deadline set for January 28th at 20:00 CCT.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby aage on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:23 pm

Metsfanmax wrote:
aage wrote:We should be lynching Mets without hesitation. Worst case, he is a third party survivor who will inevitably and by his own admission flip scum.

I have.
"As part of my role, I switch alignments during the game."

I suggested we go offer benga, as I have suggested before. Again, try reading posts.[/quote]The last time you mentioned going after Benga was a solid month ago, during day 3. Since then you've only said "I suggest you move on to finding scum."

Metsfanmax wrote:Also it's ridiculous that you keep suggesting there's any chance I am the SK. Are you purposefully ignoring the secret vote from D1 because it's inconvenient to your tunnel vision theory?
No. It's a little inconvenient for you, though, that there's no secret vote on the vote count that was just posted.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:25 pm

aage wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

I have.

I suggested we go offer benga, as I have suggested before. Again, try reading posts.
The last time you mentioned going after Benga was a solid month ago, during day 3. Since then you've only said "I suggest you move on to finding scum."

Metsfanmax wrote:Also it's ridiculous that you keep suggesting there's any chance I am the SK. Are you purposefully ignoring the secret vote from D1 because it's inconvenient to your tunnel vision theory?
No. It's a little inconvenient for you, though, that there's no secret vote on the vote count that was just posted.

*ebwop
I realised after posting this that you claimed to only have your secret vote during your "town days". I'll take that skim on the chin. Regardless, having had a secret vote on day 1 does not exclude you from any possible role or alignment in a CYOC game.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:35 pm

aage wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

I have.

Yes, I'm currently aligned with scum, but that doesn't currently make me mafia. The key difference being that I'm ultimately still a third party and will presumably flip as such. Not that it matters -- if you believe me, but aage's theory is correct, then starting tomorrow I would flip town, so I don't see where the reasoning is going.

The last time you mentioned going after Benga was a solid month ago, during day 3. Since then you've only said "I suggest you move on to finding scum."

I mentioned benga yesterday.

Metsfanmax wrote:My money for today is still on benga, due to his continued lack of contribution.

aage wrote:I realised after posting this that you claimed to only have your secret vote during your "town days". I'll take that skim on the chin. Regardless, having had a secret vote on day 1 does not exclude you from any possible role or alignment in a CYOC game.

Granted. For example, I or anyone could be the Yakuza flip target. But you have to admit that I took a huge risk claiming a complicated role, whereas I would have an incentive to lie and pick something unfalsifiable if I am scum. I had an incentive to lie anyway, because (as it has played out) it's non-trivial for me to convince town that I'm not a liability. As soon as tomorrow I can prove that I am still the President by casting a secret vote on behalf of town (and I'll even leave it up to town to decide who I should cast it on, if I need to, to help prove my alignment), so what do you lose except one more night (a night where I can't really do anything anyway, since I have no powers and can't talk to scum) if you wait until tomorrow for me to prove myself?

Postby Ragian on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:46 am

No one has my vote. Not even a cat. Why are you in a rush, aage? I want to cover my bases, and to be honest I was under the impression that you had caught mets in a lie/misunderstanding about his alignment due to something along the lines of an investigation. You have, however, qualified that as disbelief rather than evidence.

Now, I want to investigate some stuff before I resort to hammering Mets and moving the game along:
1) Why are you pointing to Benga, Mets? Is your entire case that Benga isn't participating?
2) Let's entertain the possibility that Mets is scum. Who would be his scummates?
3) Let's presume he's town, whom would we turn out attentions to?

Any thoughts on this?
Captain Ragian

Postby Samlen on Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:46 am

It's going to be hard to know who to look for depending on if mets flips scum since he could easily have been the target of the yakuza. Him flipping town doesn't make sense since why would a townie lie to make a a role likely to get them lynched? Here's how I look at it:

If mets is telling the truth then we probably have 2 mafia with mets as a flipper (can't be 3 since the game woulda ended, right? and I doubt 1 since mafia woulda started with only members which is way too weak). We likely put ourselves into a mislynch/lose case if we don't hit scum today, which includes lynching mets. If we keep mets alive, town has a much stronger set of votes the next two days, even if we miss scum today. Though if we miss scum today and tomorrow then mets will likely turn on us (unless killed by scum).

Other side: If mets is lying, then he's likely scum with i would guess 2 buddies and we lose if we don't hit one of them and we need to hit one every day from now on.

If ANYONE has any evidence that can be used for/against aage/mets here we need it now, otherwise we could risk losing the game or make it difficult to win. If noone comes up with anything, the safest route would be to lynch mets but could we cover all our bases first? Somehow get benga in here to see if he can defend himself too?
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Ragian on Wed Jan 24, 2018 5:34 am

When I said "flip town", I meant flip what he says he is...
Captain Ragian

Postby mandalorian2298 on Thu Jan 25, 2018 3:59 am

C'mon guys just one more vote.

Imagine how awesome it will be if I actually managed manged to pick a scum just by using the Force. :mrgreen:
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby Ragian on Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:16 am

Am at ski trip.

@Mets, you have no reservations about this? Like last game?
Captain Ragian

Postby TheForgivenOne on Thu Jan 25, 2018 11:26 am

ZaBeast has replaced benga.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby ZaBeast on Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:21 pm

Only a confirm for now, if you let the day drag on long enough, I'll hopefully be able to chime in :)
Depending on my motivation level, I need to read/skim over the tread again (I already read it while I wasn't playing).
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Samlen on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:15 am

I'll leave 3 days at most for more information to show up before i vote mets. Wish we had more considering how close we might be to ending but given our current info and lack of info sharing, he is the safest lynch.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Metsfanmax on Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:27 am

Information isn't going to magically fall out of the sky. As aage alluded to, stop pussyfooting around and make your choice. I don't want to lose but it sucks sitting here waiting for you all to decide what you're gonna do.

Postby Ragian on Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:46 am

Samlen wrote:I'll leave 3 days at most for more information to show up before i vote mets. Wish we had more considering how close we might be to ending but given our current info and lack of info sharing, he is the safest lynch.

That's a weird change of tune. Didn't you advocate against a mets lynch?
Captain Ragian

Postby Samlen on Fri Jan 26, 2018 4:16 pm

I advocated getting as much info before rushing into a lynch that seemed almost random. If mets had claimed anything else, then i'd say lynching mets could make us lose and fight much harder, but considering his claim we can't lose if we lynch him, just potentially put us in a worse spot. The day obviously won't move forward unless mets is lynched and I'm not voting him right now under the hope that zabeast has something that benga didn't share because of activity. So yeah, I don't particularly want to lynch mets given how little everything there is to incriminate him, but there's not much choice given the stubborness/inactivity going around.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby ZaBeast on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:12 am

I don't have much to go on quite frankly, but here are my 2 cents
1. Mitch said he was away from town at some point (N1 I think), but never explained what it meant. Could it be mod's way of saying someone is jailed?
2. I have reasons to believe strike couldn't have been shot last night (or was targeted more than once). Any other way he could have died except with the shadowing thing he said was going on? Because a mason clearly doesn't have an all-around protective ability.
Samlen wrote:If ANYONE has any evidence that can be used for/against aage/mets here we need it now, otherwise we could risk losing the game or make it difficult to win. If noone comes up with anything, the safest route would be to lynch mets but could we cover all our bases first? Somehow get benga in here to see if he can defend himself too?

Gonna be hard to do since I feel the main reason people wanted to vote benga was because of inactivity. I'll do my best to be active from now on though

Now with my towniness index
Town/converted town
- mitch: he hasn't been very subtle on his role (This is assuming a converted townie would lose his powers, which is the norm I believe). I don't see a scum having a day kill. Same team a Aage
- aage: innocented by mitch
- mandy: due to D2

Neutral:
sam: could have hammered BuJ D2 but didn't (slight town cred)
Ragian
pika

Would lynch
mets: A liability to town, even if he is truthful about his role. For instance, he could have lied about when he changes alignment. Him being scum on D1,2 then town D3,4, then scum again D5,6 for instance would make us lose tomorrow if we missed our shot with someone else (assuming there are 2 scums left). Would also be more consistent with the double voting ability. Talking about it, do you think that could be the mafia influencer role BuJ got, or would influencer means being able to "steal"/direct other's actions? Also, I don't like the "look, I couldn't possibly have invented this role, right?" argument.
At the same time, BuJ did say D2 that the game was very unbalanced in favor of the town, which would let me think he knew of 2 other scums. Then again, with the number of 3rd parties out there, it makes sense to have a scum team composed of only 3 members, even without mets as 3rd party. Strike wolf said he was 3rd party that could take someone's alignment, thor was 3rd party also, we potentially have a SK roaming around, which would make 3 scum, 3 third parties, 10 town.

I honestly don't know where we should go from mets flipping scum or 3rd party. I guess him flipping scum would make mandy town, because he's the one who started going after mets if I remember correctly.

I'll let it settle a bit to see if people will shime in about my post, but I'm more than ready and willing to drop the hammer.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Ragian on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:18 am

Yeah. This game needs to move forward. I hesitate calling anyone town due to the yakuza, though. Let's see what happens. vote mets
Captain Ragian

Postby ZaBeast on Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:39 am

I didn't want to drop the hammer in my first post, didn't make much of a difference in the end.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:40 pm

Vote count:

Metsfanmax: mandalorian2298, madmitch, aage, Pikanchion, Ragian - L-0

That's a lynch! Scene to come tomorrow.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:18 pm

The fine folks of [Insert Town Name Here] came into the day unsure of where they should go. It seemed like so many people were off gallivanting in some other's towns. What were so better about those towns? Whispers went around about this town called "IRL", apparently it was a pretty fancy place where lots of people spent most of the days recently? Can't be that great. I heard people had to such things as... "work" and "school" and "attend family functions with that one aunt who get's drunk off of box wine and always asks you why you don't have any children yet, you're 22 for god sakes, I had 4 kids by that time already!"

The collective town that were here decided they wanted to talk with THE Barack Obama. He wasn't a permanent member of town, he was one of those damn dirty politicians that was visiting. You can't trust "out-of-towners", they always have their own agenda. That probably meant he was helping those darn mafia get away with the murders of late! With a rallying cry, they grabbed Barack and took him up to the gallow, and a cry could be heard from the background "THANKS OBAMA!", and they hung him. Once his body hand gone limp, they searched his body, only to find a knife on him! That could only mean...

Metsfanmax, Barack Obama, Third-Party President turned Mafia Goon, has been lynched!

You have 72 hours to get actions into me.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Re: CYOC #5 [7/16] N4 [Why can't I just eat my waffle?]

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Feb 03, 2018 5:15 pm

Their seemed to a sense of apprehension lingering in the air. The remaining townsfolk were all concerned with how few of them were remaining now. Could they survive this through the end? Who's going to bury the bodies currently hanging from the State of Chu? They were starting to smell pretty bad. Everyone retired to their homes for the time being. But had everyone gone to bed? It seemed highly unlikey...

The young woman
San who had recently come to town woke up under a table, confused as to why she was their? Hadn't she had a job to do... she couldn't quite remember, but decided to get up and return to her home, abandoning whatever she had been doing prior. She left the building she had been in and walked into the brisk wind. She held up her dagger, tracing a finger along it from the stained blood that was on it from kills past. She was deep in thought, so she didn't hear the foosteps descend upon her until it was too late. She perked up and was in the middle of turning around to swing her knife when she was shot. She lurched forward, coughing and sputtering as she stumbled out of town and into the forest, before she fell to the ground, letting out her last breath as the animals of the forest, that she tried so hard to protect, surrounded the body.

Pikanchion, San, Town Vigilante has been killed!

D5 begins. With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives