Conquer Club

CYOC #5 [5/16] ENDGAME [DINO DOWN]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC #5 [6/16] D5 [Dead in the forest]

Postby ZaBeast on Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:52 pm

Good thing we got the yakuza recruit out of the way. That gives me Aage, mandy and mitch as town reads (since pika didn't challenge mitch's claim he killed skoff, I'll assume he was not a day vig). There's still the chance mafia got a killing role though, but I'd rather vote for either Ragian or Sam, with no real preference (because there's not much to go on, quite frankly).
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Ragian on Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:57 am

Well, it's you and samlen in my book. According to you, you wanted to vote for mets, but didn't because you didn't want to just enter and end the day...convenient. Samlen argued against the case against mets, but changed his tune when it became inevitable that mets was going down.
Captain Ragian

Postby ZaBeast on Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:05 am

Ragian wrote:Well, it's you and samlen in my book. According to you, you wanted to vote for mets, but didn't because you didn't want to just enter and end the day...convenient. Samlen argued against the case against mets, but changed his tune when it became inevitable that mets was going down.

Because everyone knows discussion is what favors mafia, right? How is waiting a bit before I vote convenient?
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Ragian on Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:29 pm

Saying that you'd vote for your scumbuddy, hoping that he won't get lynched. However, if he does get lynched, you can always say that you wanted to vote for him.
Captain Ragian

Postby ZaBeast on Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:35 pm

Ragian wrote:Saying that you'd vote for your scumbuddy, hoping that he won't get lynched. However, if he does get lynched, you can always say that you wanted to vote for him.

In most cases I would agree with you, but you said yourself
Ragian wrote: when it became inevitable that mets was going down.
the post before
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Ragian on Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:24 am

So you agree that we should vote for you? Cool thanks :)

Vote ZaBeast
Captain Ragian

Postby mandalorian2298 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:48 am

Oh no, the killed Pika! :shock:

You bastards! :x

That having been said, I propose that we dedicate this week on marveling at the level of my Force attuness. This has been some Corran Horn shit right here! 8-)

Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! Me! :D

Yoda! :mrgreen:

Sooo, if DDS has been straight up NKed then we have one Scumster left, but if he saced himself to infect another player with scuminess then we have two and we are at LYLO.

At this moment the Force is silent or, more likely, it can't be heard over my internal wailing over the defeat of my beloved Patriots. :cry:

How was your weekend?
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby Ragian on Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:59 am

Help me understand what you meant about DDS, please...
Captain Ragian

Postby madmitch on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:57 am

@ Mandy ,how to you know DDS is scum and who do you think is his partner ?
Cadet madmitch

Postby Ragian on Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:58 am

DDS died as scum...
Captain Ragian

Postby ZaBeast on Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:21 pm

mitch, are you even trying to play the game? DDS died on N2, probably by turning someone else scum.
mandy, I think the fact mets was 3rd party president turned mafia goon is a good indication that we had, but don't have anymore, a converted townie on mafia's side.
Ragian, you said yourself that met's lynch was inevitable.
Do you relized avoiding a mets' lynch would have necessitated
-No one hammering him, even if you and Sam already expressed you would
-Getting another player more votes than him before a potential deadline, when I (benga) was the only name thrown around (and by mets) and most of mets' wagon seemed set on sticking to voting him anyways
The odds in this happening were inexistant. Hoping for mets not being lynched would have been nothing short of wishful thinking. If you really think I didn't know that, I assure you I'm not THAT dumb.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Ragian on Mon Feb 05, 2018 1:02 pm

Which is why you said you would hammer him to look good (still hoping for it not to happen - which is not as impossible as you want to make it seem given people's level of participation).
Captain Ragian

Postby mandalorian2298 on Mon Feb 05, 2018 3:05 pm

ZaBeast wrote:mitch, are you even trying to play the game? DDS died on N2, probably by turning someone else scum.
mandy, I think the fact mets was 3rd party president turned mafia goon is a good indication that we had, but don't have anymore, a converted townie on mafia's side.

Oh. 8-[

But, but, Mitch was even less aware of what's going on then me! You said it yourself! I'm sorry! :o *cowardly hides behind Mitch*

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.

Postby Ragian on Mon Feb 05, 2018 4:58 pm

Does that make you recount your assumed number of scum, then?
Captain Ragian

Postby ZaBeast on Mon Feb 05, 2018 5:51 pm

Ragian wrote:Which is why you said you would hammer him to look good (still hoping for it not to happen - which is not as impossible as you want to make it seem given people's level of participation).

Even if a deadline was reached, he would still have been lynched because he would have had the most votes. You clearly either have a too high (if you believe I could manage to convince most of the town to change who to vote for) or too low (if you believe I did that because I thought I had chances of avoiding his lynch) opinion of me.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Ragian on Tue Feb 06, 2018 1:53 am

What? Why would he be lynched without a majority?
Captain Ragian

Postby mandalorian2298 on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:41 am

Ragian wrote:Does that make you recount your assumed number of scum, then?

I am guessing there are two left and we are at LYLO.

Also, no one is praising my Force-sense. :(

Postby ZaBeast on Tue Feb 06, 2018 2:48 am

Ragian wrote:What? Why would he be lynched without a majority?

TheForgivenOne wrote:13. Each game ‘day’ will last as I see fit. If you guys have healthy discussion going, I'm going to remain pretty loose and let you go at it. If discussion is dying, or a day is lasting over 3 weeks, I will post a deadline. I will remind everyone if the deadline is near, and to look toward voting. If no majority is reached at the end of the deadline if made, the player with the most votes will be lynched and the game will enter into the night phase. In the event of a tie, the lynchee will be determined by a 24-hour final ballot in which every player casts a final (no changes) vote for ANY player. If there is still a tie, a runoff ballot will be held between the two or more who tied. The deadline may be extended upon request.

Because of the rules?

Also, concerning the number of scums left, I'd say one since
1) BuJ hinted there weren't many scum as he said something like that they'd be really good to pull it off after he got lynched. And I don't think he was faking it
2) Assuming mets' description of his role was accurate, there were two 3rd party that could turn scum (him+strike), so a team of 4 (potentially 6) scum seems a bit too much for me.
But I mean, we're better off assuming we're at LYLO.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Ragian on Tue Feb 06, 2018 3:40 am

Oh... That makes sense. I just saw the rule about majority lynch and figured I had caught you in a lie. Nuts.

@Mandy, your force this game is better than last ;)
Captain Ragian

Postby ZaBeast on Wed Feb 07, 2018 9:00 am

Sam hasn't posted since the day begun. I'd like to see what he has to say (who he think is town, and who is scum) before I cast my vote on either of you.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby Ragian on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:31 pm

Agree. On those exact words.
Captain Ragian

Postby madmitch on Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:20 pm

I am trying to figure out who is scum in this game , I know Aage did not have a gun so I am taking that he is a good guy but who else is left as town? :-s
Cadet madmitch

Postby mandalorian2298 on Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:36 am

@Ragian Pika is a yasalamiri, the Force disappears around him.

madmitch wrote:I am trying to figure out who is scum in this game , I know Aage did not have a gun so I am taking that he is a good guy but who else is left as town? :-s

Not necessarily. Maybe he has a sword.

Interestingly, if we switch 'Janie' in "Janie's Got A Gun" with all our names, Aage and Mady sounds the most natural; Samlen, Ragian and ZaBeast less so, while Mitch is completely unsingable.

Postby Samlen on Fri Feb 09, 2018 6:19 am

Sorry for not responding, been a busy week and Civ6 expansion came out >,>

I'm guessing that there's two mafia members left, based on what I would think would've made a balanced mafia team and that mets the yakuza's target is dead.
Based on my actions, I can say I'm 100% sure it's not mandy.
Based on the fact people ignored Aage's nonposting means he's been forgotten OR he's a scum teammate not being brought up for scrutiny so his teammate can try to win the game.
Ragian's posts account for pretty much every other post for today, which could be just trying to be a good player or mafia excited to see the end of the game.
Zabeast pointed out I hadn't posted today, but neglected to mention that neither had aage. Could be forgetfulness or trying to not put pressure on his teammate or honestly anything.
I still have pretty much no idea on mitch

Honestly the wind has gone mostly from this game. I think our best bet is to massclaim to a) bring up discussion and b) maybe catch someone lying. Even if everyone lies/makes up a claim, it might spark up discussion at the very least.

I'm a strawberry candle. I smell wonderful, so wonderful it keeps people from taking actions! Town roleblocker, but I can also attempt blocking multiple people(up to 4), at risk of my own life. Being visited causes a multi-block to fail, and the likelihood I die increases with number of people I attempted to roleblock/times it has happened.
N1 Multiblock - Thor/DDS/Kwan - Failed (was visited by item person) (think this attempt was random?)
N2 Skoffin - No idea why
N3 Mandy - Was suspicious of lack of talking when he talked a lot last game
N4 Mandy - Wanted to confirm he was not one killing

I honestly think mitch would've slipped a little by now if it was him, so I'd say my lynch pool is zabeast/ragian/aage. Could be completely wrong so who knows \o/
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Ragian on Fri Feb 09, 2018 8:28 am

I'd say aage's vote yesterday is weird if he was scum...
Captain Ragian

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives