Conquer Club

CYOC #5 [5/16] ENDGAME [DINO DOWN]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC #5 [11/16] D3 [Who would shoot a potato?]

Postby Ragian on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:04 am

Fudge!

This PR gives me stress
My posts are such a mess
Captain Ragian

Postby Ragian on Wed Nov 29, 2017 1:54 pm

madmitch wrote:I reread the posts page by page ,when 's the last time we heard from Bengal and Aage ? :lol:

Wait, is that all you got from a reread? No new leads?

I have an 11-hour flight tomorrow. I'll reread then.
Captain Ragian

Postby aage on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:31 pm

Ragian wrote:
madmitch wrote:I reread the posts page by page ,when 's the last time we heard from Bengal and Aage ? :lol:

Wait, is that all you got from a reread? No new leads?

I have an 11-hour flight tomorrow. I'll reread then.

Mitch hasn't posted more than 2 lines of text in any of his posts. Full list of his posts so far. Why do you think I'm unhappy about him being near confirmed town...
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby aage on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:32 pm

I forgot to add
a rhyme to that.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:07 pm

Thorthoth wrote:
strike wolf wrote:So does anyone have anything to say?
Or are you all just waiting for the next day?

Well, what did you mean by this?
strike wolf wrote:You heard right. I am an agent of fortune.
Get me a big, rich asylum for this loon.

And also, may I suggest the classic remedy for player taciturnity
This inertia, indeed, town must overcome.
More will speak if we lynch the dumb.

I was listening to B.O.C. specifically the song that I included in there "Agents of Fortune" and it felt appropriate.

Is that your only question?

I have mixed feelings on Mitch. As one of the people who left yesterday with strong town vibes, he could have been a target of mafia and killed Skoffin. On the other hand, why admit to It? I've heard this question. I don't have a strong reason why he might. Would mafia consider Mitch' s randomness a bad bet? Or would they rely on towns inability to accurately read him/take him seriously as a plus?

Come gather round children wherever you roam
And admit that the waters around you have grown
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby madmitch on Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:52 pm

Mandy you had dinner as you say what did learn ?please make our day
Cadet madmitch

Postby benga on Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:45 pm

vote manda
Sergeant benga

Postby Pikanchion on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:05 am

strike wolf wrote:I have mixed feelings on Mitch. As one of the people who left yesterday with strong town vibes, he could have been a target of mafia and killed Skoffin. On the other hand, why admit to It? I've heard this question. I don't have a strong reason why he might. Would mafia consider Mitch' s randomness a bad bet? Or would they rely on towns inability to accurately read him/take him seriously as a plus?

I would be surprised if a day-Vig were more than one-shot (especially if they claim the kill), so madmitch is likely either a Vanilla Townie or Mafia Goon (with VT far more likely imo) at this point for all intents and purposes. If anybody else gets killed during a day phase I say we reconsider a madmitch lynch, otherwise we have bigger things to worry about.

Skittles! remains my best bet,
though perhaps this is roulette.
Private Pikanchion

Postby Metsfanmax on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:00 am

strike wolf wrote:I have mixed feelings on Mitch. As one of the people who left yesterday with strong town vibes, he could have been a target of mafia and killed Skoffin. On the other hand, why admit to It? I've heard this question. I don't have a strong reason why he might. Would mafia consider Mitch' s randomness a bad bet? Or would they rely on towns inability to accurately read him/take him seriously as a plus?

It sounds like exactly the sort of thing mitch would do to attempt to cover up if he were the recruit last night.

Come gather round children wherever you roam
And admit that the waters around you have grown

Your use of song lyrics is pretty lame. Step up your rhymes.

benga wrote:vote manda

What on earth are you doing? You've contributed almost nothing so far and have been called out by multiple people for this, and you respond with a vote on the one person who is most likely to be town? vote benga

Pika wrote:Skittles! remains my best bet,
though perhaps this is roulette.

If you dare, make this case
We must pick up the pace
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby mandalorian2298 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:31 am

It seems that "few hours" have turned into "two days"
I'll continue rereading and hope that it pays.
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Re: CYOC #5 [15/16] D2 [Oh silent Night]

Postby mandalorian2298 on Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:21 am

I have rearead and I think that there is a relatively simple path that we can follow at this point.

Firstly, I would like to that I am no longer a proven Townie, because of DDS's move which, if I'm honest, humped the Town in quite an impressive way. :lol:

Because of this I can understand Mitch's decision to frag Skoffin. I also think that the result illustrates why, at present, diverting all our energies to the question "Who would DDS consider to be the best target for his conversion?" is not a good plan.

While it is true that one of the people who didn't looked scummy through Days 1&2 is now scum, it is also true that the remaining scum who WERE scum on Days 1&2 are still scum. So, we should trust no one completely but we should also remain extra suspicious of people who earned that suspicion.

BuJaber wrote:Mandy we now have both you and skoffin confirmed and since skoffin didn't refute it we also have kwanton confirmed. That has to mean that "Pika is hostile" was a lie. So you really think he's scum but be not hostile? Not sure what kind of role that would be.

Anyway I'll
Vote mitch for my super awesome meta read. He always votes in the same way as scum. (With an underlying tone of anger and intimidation)

Full disclosure skoffin there was a part of me that really wanted to be right about you being SK because that would have been awesome to catch based on one post in day 1. O:)

Actually, Bujaber, since the voice told the truth about me being Town, and since Skoffin being investigative was a LIE, since Crier is NOT an investigative role, the voice who said that Pika was hostile was probably uterring nonsense, but not necessarily lying.

I know that you and DDS have been really vocal in disproving my case on Pika, but given what we know now you must at least drop the "Voice lied about Pika and thusly Pika is Town" defense.

Hey, mistakes happen, no shame in admitting them.

Bujaber? DDS? Are you still going to defend Pika?

Oh right, you have both been killed and turned Scum. :oops:

vote Pika

When I went after him not one, but TWO members of Mafia tried to pull me off him. He voted me when I WAS a certain Townie. He spent Day 2 hindering instead of helping.

BuJaber wrote:Just in case it actually is too late to stop the lynch I wanna say a few things.

Also aage, DDS, and Thor are looking so incredibly scummy right now. Thor being the pot calling the kettle black at the end there is absolute gold.
People who attempted to be the voice of objectivity and reason by debating against the lynch.. I hope your efforts are not in vain and the mod allows unvoting before the scene.

The rule of three suggests that, since DDS was scum, Thorth and Aage are more likely to be Town (or at least notaffiliated with Bujaber). However, in the light of DDS's yakuzaing, at this point that doesn't mean much. Still, something to keep in mind for when after we root out the turncoat.

That is all and now I hope
That we'll bring togather Pika and a rope

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:02 pm

That is an intriguing analysis, Mandy.
Still, I do want to hear more viewpoints on this before I do any pointing or voting.

I also agree with Mets that benga's outburst without argument is not a good move... though maybe the slow pace of this game made him jumpy?

Grain by grain, we adjust the scales to measure,
Weighing truth from lies to win our treasure.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby strike wolf on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:09 pm

Good to know your position there Mets.

I have to agree with Mets on Beng a. It's pretty easy to do considering Benga was absent and then came in with a seemingly random vote.

I read over Mandy's post. I'll make a more definitive effort to absorb it when I get back.

Now Mets, don't make it sound so absurd
It's better than rhyming word with word
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby benga on Thu Nov 30, 2017 1:53 pm

Thorthoth wrote:That is an intriguing analysis, Mandy.
Still, I do want to hear more viewpoints on this before I do any pointing or voting.

I also agree with Mets that benga's outburst without argument is not a good move... though maybe the slow pace of this game made him jumpy?

Grain by grain, we adjust the scales to measure,
Weighing truth from lies to win our treasure.

outburst?
burst?
wurst?
Sergeant benga

Postby benga on Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:53 pm

Uf sorry, the drunk I am
but mandy is not town
no matter what he was
before the night fell

can't rhyme
with thyme
Sergeant benga

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Nov 30, 2017 3:02 pm

benga wrote:Uf sorry, the drunk I am
but mandy is not town
no matter what he was
before the night fell

A poem intriguing, that on is
...but what makes Benga such a wiz?
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby madmitch on Fri Dec 01, 2017 8:59 pm

@ Benga oh pretty please tell us now,why is Mandy not town?
Cadet madmitch

Postby strike wolf on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:54 pm

Is that a feeling Beng a? If so explain. Or do you know something?

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Sat Dec 02, 2017 8:55 pm

Too excited to remember rhymes.
Keep this in mind when you juice your limes.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Thorthoth on Sun Dec 03, 2017 11:23 am

So
slow.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Samlen on Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:19 pm

My first assumption on bengas point is that with a conversion we can't trust anyone to be town, because the other option is that he's claiming to have investigated mandy. We could really use some elaboration from him because nothing else is happening. If the oracle does exist, they obviously don't have anything they can share right now and noone else has come close to saying anything of substance. Pika would be a decent target if we really did expect the mafia to defend their mafia buddy that much, but I just don't understand why any but the most noobish of mafia members would link themselves so openly by both defending their teammate.

The silence is deafening
and almost threatening.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby mandalorian2298 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 4:17 am

Samlen wrote:My first assumption on bengas point is that with a conversion we can't trust anyone to be town, because the other option is that he's claiming to have investigated mandy. We could really use some elaboration from him because nothing else is happening. If the oracle does exist, they obviously don't have anything they can share right now and noone else has come close to saying anything of substance. Pika would be a decent target if we really did expect the mafia to defend their mafia buddy that much, but I just don't understand why any but the most noobish of mafia members would link themselves so openly by both defending their teammate.

The silence is deafening
and almost threatening.

Sam, I completely agree with you, but it is also hard to explain why TWO Mafia members would connect to each other in defending a Townie. Furthermore, I had been suspicious of Pika for other reasons BEFORE they jumped in his defense.

@TFO Please prod all the people who aren't posting and find replacements for those who continue not to post.

@Benga I am curious too. Why are you sure that I am not Town?

Postby Ragian on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:28 am

I must apologise for my lack of participation this weekend and the few days leading up to it. I'm going back from the States today (to my every day life) which will see more time allocated. I wonder, however, why others aren't posting.

Benga's input needs elaboration, and I'm still wary of Thor. Especially now that I've seen his flip in Chess Mafia. His inquisitive nature mimics is similar to that game and the ME game. It must be said, however, that he played the hobbit game similarly, and he's confirmed town in that one, so maybe he's just a one trick pony ;)

Before this game starts to stall
We need posts from each and all
Captain Ragian

Postby mandalorian2298 on Mon Dec 04, 2017 8:35 am

Ragian wrote:I must apologise for my lack of participation this weekend and the few days leading up to it. I'm going back from the States today (to my every day life) which will see more time allocated. I wonder, however, why others aren't posting.

Benga's input needs elaboration, and I'm still wary of Thor. Especially now that I've seen his flip in Chess Mafia. His inquisitive nature mimics is similar to that game and the ME game. It must be said, however, that he played the hobbit game similarly, and he's confirmed town in that one, so maybe he's just a one trick pony ;)

Before this game starts to stall
We need posts from each and all

Don't comment on an ongoing game outside of it's thread, n00b. :roll:

Postby Ragian on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:17 am

I'm not commenting on anything that can be changed... Why is that a problem? Honest question.
Captain Ragian

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives