Conquer Club

CYOC #5 [5/16] ENDGAME [DINO DOWN]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC #5 [11/16] D3 [Who would shoot a potato?]

Postby Thorthoth on Thu Nov 23, 2017 12:03 pm

I asked good questions about what is a dinner.
The idea to answer them may prove a winner.
THORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTHORTHOTH
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Samlen on Thu Nov 23, 2017 2:12 pm

A chef's dinner will typically reveal the two people's roles to each other and sometimes lets them talk as well. The fact that we haven't had anyone speak up about it is not so swell.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby madmitch on Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:28 pm

I don't want to talk so long where has everyone gone? Almost 24HR without any posts I feel all alone like a ghost :(
Cadet madmitch

Postby Thorthoth on Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:27 pm

Samlen wrote:A chef's dinner will typically reveal the two people's roles to each other and sometimes lets them talk as well. The fact that we haven't had anyone speak up about it is not so swell.
So a chef just pairs up two other players and then walks away?
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Ragian on Sat Nov 25, 2017 7:23 am

Chef

Chooses two people during the day.
The two people are invited to a banquet for dinner and conversation at night.
These people know each others roles, but not identities.

The magical internet
Captain Ragian

Postby mandalorian2298 on Sat Nov 25, 2017 10:29 am

Thorthoth wrote:I asked good questions about what is a dinner.
The idea to answer them may prove a winner.

I just got a message which basically said that I had a dinner with a Crier. It didn't name the Crier.

I didn't have that much to say
like a movie made by Michael Bay.
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby strike wolf on Sat Nov 25, 2017 11:57 am

Okay. I should have more time to post again starting tomorrow. Anyways, I can only confirm that I did not have dinner with anyone last night. I also can't really speak much to why no one has stated anything about having a dinner. It may be that they don't find it reveals anything positive for their side to come out and say it or it could be that there was no dinner last night. In my mind at least the former makes more sense.

Eagles:

On a dark desert highway. Cool wind in my hair.
Warm smell of colitas. Rising up through the air.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby madmitch on Sat Nov 25, 2017 1:08 pm

I reread the posts page by page ,when 's the last time we heard from Bengal and Aage ? :lol:
Cadet madmitch

Postby aage on Sat Nov 25, 2017 5:39 pm

When there's not much to say, there's not much to say. I didn't have the time to make a larger effort post. I do now.

My guess regarding the chef is that either Kwan got roleblocked, or he paired a scumster with a high profile town (since if the town speaks up first, scum know their role and can play around them; and if the scum speaks up first, the town can call him out). I think Strike is referencing that particular scenario as well.

Benga brought up the Oracle again, I'm fairly sure I was right the first time (just wrong about the player) and it was actually just Skoffin fucking with us.
strike wolf wrote:I received a gift last night. Given it's description and the one Sam/Aage gave, I don't think it's the same as what they were offered. However, the description of it gives me the impression that there's an inventor giving out whacky inventions that half-work..

The item I was offered was a Cursed Ankh, I figure there's no point holding that back any more. That doesn't strike me as an invention exactly. However, you say that you "received a gift"... Were you the sole recipient? Might be a different thing. Samlen and I (and perhaps others) were 'competing' for the item.

Let's list the players...
- Voting pattern suggests that we should be suspicious of Skittles and Mets - voted for the townie, didn't vote for the scumster. Skittles, quite frankly, might as well not be in this game, I haven't seen him/her saying anything worthwhile or engaging with the game or the discussion (no offence skittles, but post more substance). Mets has been involved quite a lot, and was on the wrong side of the BuJaber case. He's been arguing mechanics, etiquette and game rules a lot which is kind of a red flag for me. I think he's the more reasonable candidate, and I don't think lynching so-called 'inactives' will amount to much. Leave them to the vigi when he's not busy killing active towns.
- Samlen dodged both wagons but I'm inclined to give him a pass for now for coming forward about the item interaction on day 2.
- I haven't played with Thor before but he doesn't strike me as scum. Sure, he asks questions, but mostly the right questions. At least he's posting substance. Getting jumpy under pressure doesn't really mean anything, especially when it's a relatively new player (which Thor is, right?).
- I think Mitch is town, sadly. Scum might do us the service of killing him, despite BuJ's efforts to paint a target on his back in his last stand, but I doubt it. I don't really have much to say about the shot he took, beside that I wished he hadn't.
- Benga is a self proclaimed lurker... He hopped on the BuJ wagon late (right after dds)
- Pika struck me as town on D2 though I'll point out there was some sketchy interaction between him and BuJ.
- Haven't formed a read on Ragian yet, I wanna give him more opportunity to establish themselves in the game before hanging him.
- I'm reading Strike as town atm but frankly I'm always reading Strike as town. I'm a little wary that he swiftly echoed my own posts a few times. Still, can't really fault him for agreeing with me.
- Mandy is town per Skoffin's word, and Skoffin was town. Guess he is the real pro town hero... if only he'd post more.

To sum up, I'm interested in hearing more from Benga and Ragian, and I'm interested in pushing Mets although honestly any case will help.

I sure hope the dead and living
Had a lovely thanksgiving.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:14 pm

aage wrote:- Mandy is town per Skoffin's word, and Skoffin was town. Guess he is the real pro town hero... if only he'd post more.

Just a comment on this: I agree that this raises the probability that Mandy was town, but I don't think it confirms him as town. Aside from the conversation the two of them had, Skoffin should have had no special evidence that Mandy is town that the rest of us don't have access to. So I don't yet understand how Skoffin could have been sure.

Thanksgiving was enjoyed by many who were filled
But not by the turkeys who were violently killed
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:15 am

Ragian wrote:
Chef
Chooses two people during the day.
The two people are invited to a banquet for dinner and conversation at night.
These people know each others roles, but not identities.

THAT (?!) is all that a chef dinner does? Never mind then , no more questions about dinners. The chef's superpower is almost as worthless as the one that makes the post restrictions.

If Mets would take a class with an ecology feature.
He'd know that everything is food for some other creature.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby Ragian on Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:40 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
aage wrote:- Mandy is town per Skoffin's word, and Skoffin was town. Guess he is the real pro town hero... if only he'd post more.

Just a comment on this: I agree that this raises the probability that Mandy was town, but I don't think it confirms him as town. Aside from the conversation the two of them had, Skoffin should have had no special evidence that Mandy is town that the rest of us don't have access to. So I don't yet understand how Skoffin could have been sure.

Thanksgiving was enjoyed by many who were filled
But not by the turkeys who were violently killed

Well, there are roles that are more or less likely to be pro town and anti town. I agree, of course, that she couldn't have known-known, but it's not too foolish to consider Mandy town at this point, I feel.

unvote

The Thor campaign, apparently, is going nowhere. Nothing seems to be going anywhere at this point. I haven't posted for days, and still I haven't missed anything...

With a town this awfully quiet
Everyone needs a linguistic diet
Captain Ragian

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:48 pm

Ragian wrote:Well, there are roles that are more or less likely to be pro town and anti town. I agree, of course, that she couldn't have known-known, but it's not too foolish to consider Mandy town at this point, I feel.

I'm willing to work under that assumption for now. Just something to keep in mind for later.

The Thor campaign, apparently, is going nowhere. Nothing seems to be going anywhere at this point. I haven't posted for days, and still I haven't missed anything...

I share the concerns about Thor, but it's not enough for me to read him as scum right now.

Still need to hear more from Benga, it's been a while since he's contributed anything of substance.

This PR, I can't help but feel
is making it harder to spiel

Postby Samlen on Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:50 pm

Thor's the only 'wagon' atm, and one I'm nervous about joining due to my error in judgement about him last time. I don't have anything to lead me towards lynching a specific person, especially since talk is dying down. It might be time to simply go with voting patterns since it's obvious noone has enough information to risk revealing themselves. Then again, scum could be on other side for both lynches. Dakky's lynch was people just wanting a lynch and buj's lynch was slow enough for other/all scum to jump on it if they wanted to.

It's hard to create conversation
with little information.
Lieutenant Samlen

Postby Thorthoth on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:45 pm

Samlen wrote:It's hard to create conversation
with little information.

This game started out so strange and fun. Somehow, the lynchers & scum managed to kill off all the entertaining kooks like the crier and the chef. I hate to say it, but only entertainment left is the PR-poetry person and maybe the midnight giftgiver. Once they're gone this will just be a flavourless mafia game.

Please mod sir, more mysteries arcane.
One's that thrill the spirit and puzzle the brain.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:11 pm

Okay. Not ready to drop definite conclusions but:

Buj:

Day 1

Spends a lot of time on jokes around Sam (history of them interacting?)
Pretty vocal about not liking Dakky lynch.
Seems pretty concerned about Thor's inactivity (as memory recalls DDS was too but I would have to reread to confirm).
Skoffin seems to be his main focus for lynching.

Day 2

Skoffin continues to be a major pressure from him early on (until Kwanron claims she's the crier)
Also spends a good amount of time pressuring Mitch for the first half of the day.
Doesn't seem to like Sam.
Tries to go after Me and Sam in order for inactivity.
Appears to be against Pika but the position doesn't appear quite consistent.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:13 pm

Blarfh. An Accidental post.
More like that and I'll be toast.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Nov 27, 2017 10:24 pm

strike wolf wrote:Okay. Not ready to drop definite conclusions but:

Buj:

Day 1

Seems pretty concerned about Thor's inactivity (as memory recalls DDS was too but I would have to reread to confirm).

Day 2

Skoffin continues to be a major pressure from him early on (until Kwanron claims she's the crier)
Also spends a good amount of time pressuring Mitch for the first half of the day.

Thanks for compiling these. I find it hard to interpret BuJ's reads. A lot of his arguments on the various cases on D1 and D2 boiled down to metagame complaints rather than specific issues in this game (even after he was lynched, he complained about the lynch!). Like, what can we read from his problem with the dakky lynch? Was he trying to score town points because he knew the policy lynch would end "badly" for town?

When it comes to benga, what shall we do?
Surely more prodding is what he is due?

Postby Pikanchion on Mon Nov 27, 2017 11:30 pm

We're going nowhere so I'm just going to vote for somebody.

Vote: Skittles!
for they have made few submittals
Private Pikanchion

Postby madmitch on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:07 am

well pat my head and rub my tummy what you did Pika is kind of scummy :o
Cadet madmitch

Postby strike wolf on Tue Nov 28, 2017 12:15 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
strike wolf wrote:Okay. Not ready to drop definite conclusions but:

Buj:

Day 1

Day 2

Thanks for compiling these. I find it hard to interpret BuJ's reads. A lot of his arguments on the various cases on D1 and D2 boiled down to metagame complaints rather than specific issues in this game (even after he was lynched, he complained about the lynch!). Like, what can we read from his problem with the dakky lynch? Was he trying to score town points because he knew the policy lynch would end "badly" for town?

When it comes to benga, what shall we do?
Surely more prodding is what he is due?

It's difficult to tell especially without also looking into DDS which I haven't yet. He was hard defending Dakky (town) day 1 but also was pretty consistent on pressuring Skoffin (town) day 1 and day 2. The only known mafia we have to analyze his reactions against is DDS and for the most part, he seems to have ignored him but there's no good indication that if DDS had fallen under more serious scrutiny that Buj would have defended or distanced himself. His main reaction to DDS came late when he passed late suspicion onto Aage (probably town at time from posting habits on the case), DDS (known scum) and Thor (???) as a distraction from his own case but again. Not confident on what to draw from this.

You heard right. I am an agent of fortune.
Get me a big, rich asylum for this loon.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby strike wolf on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:15 pm

So does anyone have anything to say?
Or are you all just waiting for the next day?

Cadet strike wolf

Postby Thorthoth on Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:26 pm

strike wolf wrote:So does anyone have anything to say?
Or are you all just waiting for the next day?

Well, what did you mean by this?
strike wolf wrote:You heard right. I am an agent of fortune.
Get me a big, rich asylum for this loon.

And also, may I suggest the classic remedy for player taciturnity
This inertia, indeed, town must overcome.
More will speak if we lynch the dumb.
Click image to enlarge.
Corporal Thorthoth

Postby mandalorian2298 on Wed Nov 29, 2017 2:39 am

My plate has been full, but excuses are weak,
Excuse my being a non-posting deek.

I'll try to reread as much as I can
It'll take me a few hours so I'll say more, then.
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby Ragian on Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:04 am

Swamped. Flying to the US tomorrow and busy sorting everything out. Will get a post in tonight. Apologies.
Captain Ragian

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives