Conquer Club

CYOC #5 [5/16] ENDGAME [DINO DOWN]

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CYOC #5 [5/16] ENDGAME [DINO DOWN]

Postby aage on Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:00 am

BuJaber wrote:Can we acknowledge that it was bullshit for scum to have a one shot global roleblcok and a protective aura thing? I got lynched because I claimed a real action performed by my partner that cannot be counterclaimed.

You lied and got caught in your lie, dunno what exactly you're complaining about.

Whether the role is bullshit or not, i dont really give a damn, you were warned about unbalanced roles. Last time I played cyoc someone used godlike powers that could change anything to give tfo a mustache. The scum role isnt that outlandish to me.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby dakky21 on Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:02 am

Say what you want but my role was the shittiest.
Captain dakky21

Postby aage on Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:04 am

madmitch wrote:well it was nice to still be alive at the end of the game and be on the winning side :D :D :D

What SW said is true. You should have been killed on principle, the only reason you weren't is because it was fairly obvious you weren't scum. I'm not sure what TFO was thinking handing you a gun, I can only assume he was trolling us all.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby BuJaber on Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:42 am

I'm saying I should have been given the benefit of the doubt because there were 2 global abilities that affect everyone and I only claimed one of them which doesn't negate the fact that someone else used another one so strike had no way of knowing I didn't perform the 2nd universal action.
Major BuJaber

Postby BuJaber on Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:43 am

And sam actually did use it so the action actually happened.
Major BuJaber

Postby BuJaber on Sat Mar 24, 2018 5:46 am

Plus global roleblock should have blocked the protective aura that part was missed in all the chaos. What the f*ck was that about.
Major BuJaber

Postby aage on Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:23 am

BuJaber wrote:I'm saying I should have been given the benefit of the doubt because there were 2 global abilities that affect everyone and I only claimed one of them which doesn't negate the fact that someone else used another one so strike had no way of knowing I didn't perform the 2nd universal action.

What?

There was never a global roleblock, the only night in which my action gave no result was the night in which DDS did his Yakuza thing.
You claimed to be responsible for the global protection, but Strike's role (so he claimed) let him know someone else had that ability. It's no different than claiming you visited person X and the watcher counterclaims you. You lied. Strike had information that proved you lied. Why should a liar who is caught in his lie be given the benefit of the doubt?

You're coming across as extremely salty.
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby BuJaber on Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:29 am

Samlen had a one shot global roleblock that blocks everything. He used it night 1. That is why we didn't perform any kill.

When mod mentioned a green aura covering the entire town I assumed that was our roleblock. Maybe that was stupid of me but anyway I did. So I claimed it thinking I'm claiming the action of my partner samlen.

Then when strike was so sure I figured that he's talking about some additional global power which is a protective. So I said there must be 2 different actions. I never explicitly said I protected the whole town as far as I recall i just claimed the green aura thinking it was the roleblock. I then said I roleblocked. Nobody believed me but I wasn't actually lying about the action. I was lying about who committed it.

All the players assumed there can only be 1 global action so they believed that only one of us could be telling the truth. When in fact both actions can be performed simultaneously.
Major BuJaber

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:40 pm

show: Town

show: Third Party

show: Mafia
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby TheForgivenOne on Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:43 pm

BuJaber wrote:And sam actually did use it so the action actually happened.

He did use it, correct. But read the flavour of the end of Night 1/beginning of Day 2 Scene.

"Huh? Why would someone leave out a candle? That's a fire hazard!" And he leaned over and blew the candle out, and continued on his merry way.

His action failed, and I thought I made it rather obvious to Samlen and to you guys with that line. I didn't include too much flavour in the scenes, but I thought that one was a good one that only you guys would understand. With him being a candle and everything. I guess I could have mentioned in Samlen's PM Role about being blown out, but I thought the flavour in the scene would have made it clear. My apologies if it wasn't.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby ZaBeast on Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:52 pm

I was seriously considering hammering myself to move the game along 2 days ago had mandy not shown up. Good thing I didn't.
Brigadier ZaBeast

Postby strike wolf on Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:51 pm

BuJaber wrote:I'm saying I should have been given the benefit of the doubt because there were 2 global abilities that affect everyone and I only claimed one of them which doesn't negate the fact that someone else used another one so strike had no way of knowing I didn't perform the 2nd universal action.

I had every reason to believe that my blockable action went through.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Ragian on Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:48 am

I liked the game. Thanks, TFO.

I backed myself into a corner with the Mets lynch, though. Honestly, I forgot a lot about the game because nothing happened and, you know, I forget...
Captain Ragian

Postby BuJaber on Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:01 am

TheForgivenOne wrote:
BuJaber wrote:And sam actually did use it so the action actually happened.

He did use it, correct. But read the flavour of the end of Night 1/beginning of Day 2 Scene.

"Huh? Why would someone leave out a candle? That's a fire hazard!" And he leaned over and blew the candle out, and continued on his merry way.

His action failed, and I thought I made it rather obvious to Samlen and to you guys with that line. I didn't include too much flavour in the scenes, but I thought that one was a good one that only you guys would understand. With him being a candle and everything. I guess I could have mentioned in Samlen's PM Role about being blown out, but I thought the flavour in the scene would have made it clear. My apologies if it wasn't.

Ah fair enough nicely done.
Major BuJaber

Postby Skoffin on Sun Mar 25, 2018 4:47 am

I can't believe mitch shot me when it was pretty damn obvious at that point that I was cleared as town, and that no one castigated him for it.
Everything confuses and enrages me! Raaaargh
Join Discord group for multiplayer gaming and general nonsense.
Lieutenant Skoffin

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:11 am

Skoffin wrote: I can't believe mitch shot me when it was pretty damn obvious at that point that I was cleared as town, and that no one castigated him for it.

I mean, I wouldn't. I was scum.

+1 for mitch.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby mandalorian2298 on Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:05 am

GG all. Wooooot, TOWN WINS! :D

Thank you for the game TFO. I'm sorry for being so inactive especially near the end. It was such an imaginative setup with great roles and I'm sorry that we weren't all a lot more active. Bad us!

After that one long night (I think it was Night 2), I have completely forgotten what transpired during the first two days and have been forced to rely on the Force.

Also, I was more then willing to follow the lead of Aage the Pro-Town Hero, except I started to suspect him towards the end. Luckily, he lead the Town to victory before I had a chance to make a fool out of my self by starting an anti-Aage crusade. :mrgreen:

Skoffin wrote: I can't believe mitch shot me when it was pretty damn obvious at that point that I was cleared as town, and that no one castigated him for it.

Given how you are always mean towards Mich, I'm surprised that he doesn't NK you more often. :P
Mishuk gotal'u meshuroke, pako kyore.

Talapus wrote:I'm far more pissed that mandy and his thought process were right from the get go....damn you mandy.
Lieutenant mandalorian2298

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:41 pm

mandalorian2298 wrote:GG all. Wooooot, TOWN WINS! :D

Thank you for the game TFO. I'm sorry for being so inactive especially near the end. It was such an imaginative setup with great roles and I'm sorry that we weren't all a lot more active. Bad us!

After that one long night (I think it was Night 2), I have completely forgotten what transpired during the first two days and have been forced to rely on the Force.

Also, I was more then willing to follow the lead of Aage the Pro-Town Hero, except I started to suspect him towards the end. Luckily, he lead the Town to victory before I had a chance to make a fool out of my self by starting an anti-Aage crusade. :mrgreen:

Given how you are always mean towards Mich, I'm surprised that he doesn't NK you more often. :P

Very kind words.

With both of these CYOC games I've hosted, I've been a little scared to go the full 9 yards with my roles that I come up with. Some I think are overpowered, some I completely back off because unfortunately they aren't plausible in a forum setting. I've been relatively happy that both games weren't completely dominated by one side. I was unsure how this game would go towards the end.

Samlen's role I almost left where his "Block all" power wouldn't effect mafia kill, but about 20 minutes prior I got wet feet and altered it slightly where EVERYTHING would be blocked. I thought if Samlen ended up being trusted by town, he could become OP quickly. I didn't expect aage to remain unclaimed as cop so late into the game either.

About the only role I have second thoughts on, is Bujaber/Throll. I thought his role would be useful, but I get the feeling now that the game is over, that he had to get lucky to find someone with an action.
Game 1675072
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby aage on Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:50 pm

TheForgivenOne wrote:
mandalorian2298 wrote:GG all. Wooooot, TOWN WINS! :D

Very kind words.

With both of these CYOC games I've hosted, I've been a little scared to go the full 9 yards with my roles that I come up with. Some I think are overpowered, some I completely back off because unfortunately they aren't plausible in a forum setting. I've been relatively happy that both games weren't completely dominated by one side. I was unsure how this game would go towards the end.

Samlen's role I almost left where his "Block all" power wouldn't effect mafia kill, but about 20 minutes prior I got wet feet and altered it slightly where EVERYTHING would be blocked. I thought if Samlen ended up being trusted by town, he could become OP quickly. I didn't expect aage to remain unclaimed as cop so late into the game either.

About the only role I have second thoughts on, is Bujaber/Throll. I thought his role would be useful, but I get the feeling now that the game is over, that he had to get lucky to find someone with an action.

Never underestimate my ability to target the guy who dies every night ;)
Sergeant 1st Class aage

Postby strike wolf on Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:34 pm

So I recall some criticism over why I used my ability so early. Honestly it was mostly two things.

1. I didn't trust myself to necessarily be alive past night 2 or 3. Securing that I got to use it was a factor.

2. After Dakkys vt confession pushed all eyes on him and more or less forced our hands into lynching, I figured town could use a relative redo after that.

I also factored in that if I was blocked, I wouldn't lose the action and that if mafia had an unblockable action, they were more likely to save it until another night. Something that occurred to me afterwards is that using it Night 1 was less likely to mess up the tracker and watcher as it was too early for them to really have gotten a good read on who might be scu m and who might be targeted and would have been shooting more blindly. Also with more actions flying around, there's greater chance of coincidental visits making tracking liable of producing a false lead on early nights.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Previous

Return to Mafia Archives