Conquer Club

Game Over - Tokens Coming Soon

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Operation Michael Newbie Game Day 1

Postby madmitch on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:58 am

VOTE ROB I tried to find scum and you Rob seem the scummiest so far O:)
Cadet madmitch

Postby BuJaber on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:14 pm

betiko wrote:
Bujaber, voting for the same guy doesn't mean we can jump to any conclusion. I don't have a scum read on you so far, but my opinion is neutral. Don't expect me to partner with anyone in this game, there is nothing more dangerous than trading brownie points with a player and realize too late that you've been fooled.

I meant robellis is a possible partner for mitch because he threw shade on the two people who were voting robellis.
Major BuJaber

Postby Ragian on Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:54 am

Mitch with a blatant OMGUS vote :roll:

@Rob, this is mafia...throwing shade on people is all there is. Do you fear that your reputation will be tarnished?
Captain Ragian

Postby djelebert on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:07 am

Any news from Loose Canon? A nap in the trench before the first night, is he gathering strenght for a future active night?
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:20 am

madmitch wrote:VOTE ROB I tried to find scum and you Rob seem the scummiest so far O:)

Please elaborate. What makes you think he's likely to be scum?
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:28 am

robellis00 wrote:
betiko wrote: Rob, just watching what's going on won't help.
You are one of the most voted so far and you need to help us gather a bit more about you.

Betiko, i'm glad to help us. I'm town. I'm not very good at this so far, but I'm trying very hard to move the game forward for us.

No one has put these two pieces together as of yet, so I figured I would mention it and see if it helps.
It has been suggested that there are 2 mafia. 1 experienced player and 1 newbie.
It may not be our best option to go with 'what ifs' at this point, but that's all I got right now.

What if Mitch is the experienced mafia, doesn't know what he's doing, and therefore cannot help Loosecannon; hence the silence?
I realize that is throwing shade on people, because we don't know if they are town or not. Because of this, I'm still sticking with my vote on mitch.

Betiko, does that help us?

Just to be clear: there are 2 mafia players out of 9, this is a fact, not a suggestion. Doom confirmed the setting and pika sent a link to all the possible role combinations. There is 1 scum with power, the other is vanilla.
I'd have to recheck but If I remember well, all combinations included 2 power roles for town, therefore 5 town vanillas.

One experienced scum with a noob scum is pure speculation. Don't mix facts with speculations if you don't want to jump/lead to wrong conclusions.
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:37 am

djelebert wrote:Any news from Loose Canon? A nap in the trench before the first night, is he gathering strenght for a future active night?

Dje what about yourself? Are you still convinced about your vote on dakky? If so why? Anything else has raised your suspicions on him?

Anyways guys, i think we should start pressuring for a claim. This is day 1 so it's obviously always very hard to find something. We don't have much time left.

Honnestly, I m still with robellis even if what i have so far is very weak, i d have dakky as second on my list for the stuff pika pointed out. Any third candidate on your books? Madmitch has 2 votes.

Do we agree to make one of these 3 claim? let's put the turbo if we want to start discussing concrete evidence before the night.
Major betiko

Postby madmitch on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:10 am

Why I think Rob is scum (a) he really made a big deal on my foolish knife questions and (b) he really got upset when I was trying to find out if any of us Generals fought together in the past and of course he voted for me for no really good reason, I just thought that he made a really big deal about my questions almost like he had something to hide :-k :-k If I am wrong about you Rob then prove it
Cadet madmitch

Postby Ragian on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:12 am

Decent post, mitch. Now, could you add quotes also? It makes it easier to check your statements :)

@betiko, while I tend to agree with, I'm always hesitant when someone grabs the reins. I have never played with you before, right?
Captain Ragian

Postby madmitch on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:53 am

I made a mistake :o :o :o ,UNVOTE ROB ,IT was betiko who got upset about my past wars reference ,sorry Rob VOTE BETICO
Cadet madmitch

Postby madmitch on Tue Apr 24, 2018 9:54 am

betiko wrote:
madmitch wrote:So far no clue on scum , maybe if we looked at our pass fights we might find a clue ? I ,myself have fought in a few but two stick out in my head ,the 2nd Anglo-Afghan war and the ------------------ ? maybe someone else fought in the same battle ? might help to fine scum :-k :-k :-k

I fought the ---------------- too. I'm sure that helps. Yay!

So back on track. I think we should start pressuring for a claim on whoever seems scummier to most so far. That way, we would have time to discuss the claim and go another direction if no one is convinced that person is scum given that doom gave a deadline. Joke vote stage is definitely over, we need everybody to step forward and give their analysis of the current situation and to put their joke vote somewhere.

I m still fine with my vote on robellis.

@ Rags hereis the quote I made reference to
Cadet madmitch

Postby Loose Canon on Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:48 pm

conform
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:19 pm

Ragian wrote:Decent post, mitch. Now, could you add quotes also? It makes it easier to check your statements :)

@betiko, while I tend to agree with, I'm always hesitant when someone grabs the reins. I have never played with you before, right?

i played with a lot of your clanmates at the time, mob deadly, the crown, epitaph1, bg the brain... this scottish guy whose name I can't remember... I know where you come from but I've never played with you indeed.
Regarding me taking the reins... it's pretty much my meta wether i play town or scum and I'm never the kind of player that sits and watches. Mostly when I feel apathy and a deadline pressure. What about yourself?
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:30 pm

madmitch wrote:
betiko wrote:
madmitch wrote:So far no clue on scum , maybe if we looked at our pass fights we might find a clue ? I ,myself have fought in a few but two stick out in my head ,the 2nd Anglo-Afghan war and the ------------------ ? maybe someone else fought in the same battle ? might help to fine scum :-k :-k :-k

So back on track. I think we should start pressuring for a claim on whoever seems scummier to most so far. That way, we would have time to discuss the claim and go another direction if no one is convinced that person is scum given that doom gave a deadline. Joke vote stage is definitely over, we need everybody to step forward and give their analysis of the current situation and to put their joke vote somewhere.

I don't even know if I should adress something that stupid but hey....

madmitch wrote:Why I think Rob is scum (a) he really made a big deal on my foolish knife questions and (b) he really got upset when I was trying to find out if any of us Generals fought together in the past and of course he voted for me for no really good reason, I just thought that he made a really big deal about my questions almost like he had something to hide :-k :-k If I am wrong about you Rob then prove it

sooo... I really got upset there? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
That's called making fun of you, but looks like it really went over your head.

Regarding loose canon... I'm personally asking for his replacement. He clearly joined the game just for a reward for the WW1 supertournament and hoping to be on the winning side without even playing. He doesn't deserve a lynch because we can't afford to kill someone for that, but he's a waste of ressource. I think we gave him enough chances.
Major betiko

Postby dakky21 on Tue Apr 24, 2018 8:15 pm

i agree loose cannon should be replaced. At the same time I agree with mitch (which is weird since my joke vote is on him) but this is not a joke - betiko is being is going into full defensive mode which I don't like.
Captain dakky21

Postby Ragian on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:04 am

madmitch wrote:
betiko wrote:

Cheers.

betiko wrote:
Ragian wrote:Decent post, mitch. Now, could you add quotes also? It makes it easier to check your statements :)

i played with a lot of your clanmates at the time, mob deadly, the crown, epitaph1, bg the brain... this scottish guy whose name I can't remember... I know where you come from but I've never played with you indeed.
Regarding me taking the reins... it's pretty much my meta wether i play town or scum and I'm never the kind of player that sits and watches. Mostly when I feel apathy and a deadline pressure. What about yourself?

Right. Dazza. Not to be confused with dakky ;)

My meta probably changes as much as my flimsy mood. Usually, I'm sceptical towards most stuff being said and done, but I wouldn't say that I'm a stranger to either voting or leading.

Are you being defensive as claimed by mitch and dakky?

@Mod, maybe get someone from the experimental game to sub for loose?
Captain Ragian

Postby BuJaber on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:40 am

Where is betiko being defensive?

Mitch tried to use irrelevant flavor info to try and 'catch' scum. It didn't work because a) more than one person's character is a general and b) historical stuff he got from wiki or wherever should not matter. I as a player should not be required to do independent research to find stuff I need in the game.

I think mitch is probably town and just wrong in his approach but that does not excuse dakky for agreeing with his case on mitch when he has no basis for it. Show me evidence.
Major BuJaber

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:01 am

Pikanchion wrote:
dakky21 wrote:I believe DoomYoshi didn't put as mafia someone from the regulars and gave a daychat, I believe scum will be someone from your lines, "newbies"... this mafia was made to invite new players and I think scum must be someone new, because how would you otherwise attract a new players unless you give them overpowered roles?

I'm willing to vote for either robellis, djelebert, betiko or loose cannon.
"Here's a largely arbitrarily defined group that doesn't include myself, surely half of them are scum so let's lynch one of them."
dakky21 wrote:I don't know why people stick to me Day 1, I'm discussing the potential setup and not accusing anyone yet.

This is discussing the setup, this is accusing people.

Vote: dakky21

this..... then this:

dakky21 wrote:i agree loose cannon should be replaced. At the same time I agree with mitch (which is weird since my joke vote is on him) but this is not a joke - betiko is being is going into full defensive mode which I don't like.

You comment on your joke vote being on mitch; then that you are not on joke mode about me, yet you don't vote for me so it doesn't look ilke you're jumping on this stupid bandwagon.
I made a sarcastic comment about mitch's post. Mitch speaks out of his ass and says robellis had been super defensive about this same post.... then while quoting realizes it was my post that bothered him, not robellis's. I had to adress it, and explain that I was making fun of him there, not being defensive. Had I not answered, you would've acused me of not answering his acusation right?

Anyways,

UNVOTE, VOTE DAKKY

As I said previously, you were second on my suspect list, this last post makes you number 1. You are starting to find me dangerous, you suggest you will vote for me based on very stupid acusations started by mitch and you don't put your vote where your words are. You know that if I end up lynched people would pay close attention to how the bandwagon started and the vote order.

Can we get a vote count?
Major betiko

Postby betiko on Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:09 am

unofficial vote count:

madmitch (2) - dakky, robellis
dakky (3) - djelebert, pikanchion, betiko
djelebert (1) - Ragian
robellis (1) - Bujaber
betiko (1) - madmitch

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline is April 30.

notes:
madmitch voted robellis, then betiko since the last vote count.
Only loose cannon hasn't voted
One more vote on dakky and he's at L-1
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:25 am

Vote Count
madmitch (2) - dakky, robellis
dakky (3) - djelebert, Pikanchion, betiko
djelebert (1) - Ragian
robellis (1) - Bujaber,
betiko (1) - madmitch

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline is April 30.

@betiko: I'm not ready to give up on Loose Canon yet. It is possible LC misunderstands what is involved. On Day 2 I will consider a replacement if the problem has not been rectified. I will try to work with LC to bring up a basic understanding of the game.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby madmitch on Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:34 am

@ Betiko , granted I used WIKI to look up what type of bayonets were used ,but the battle I mentioned was in my role . I just thought maybe some of you guys fought in the same areas, might help to nail scum , maybe ?
Cadet madmitch

Postby dakky21 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 9:15 am

betiko wrote:One more vote on dakky and he's at L-1

Even if I get to L-1, what can I say, I am General as probably all of you and I'm town. Would it mean something if I said the name? And no, I didn't fight in mitch's war.
Captain dakky21

Postby djelebert on Wed Apr 25, 2018 11:01 am

I'm still here, but don't know how to get this situation moving. as it's first day, first lynch is more random, especially with some newbs like me.
So I'm learning by reading messages from players with experience.

In prologue, it was assumed that " probably some personal grudge from years ago".
So mitch idea to know in which war we fought each isn't bad. I didn't fight in mitch's war.

Concerning my vote on dakky, it's not sure at all.

Talking about vanilla and flavor makes me hungry. Trenchmates, can we try to sit and savor corned beef?
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby robellis00 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:23 pm

i did not fight in mitch's war either.

i don't even see how this line of questioning is going to help. if he's trying to nail scum, he's either:
1) doing a bad job by bringing out irrelevant information; leading everyone down the wrong path. ("wrong in his approach" as BuJaber adeptly said above...)
or
2) trying to get us to believe he is someone that he actually is not. pretty deceptive.

how does scum normally get nailed in these games? i'm guessing it's when we catch them some sort of way or expose something they have said. mitch is trying hard to establish who he is and using the scenario to fish for information, hoping to expose someone. it seems to me, he's trying to throw us off, and it is working. now we're reporting if we were in the 2nd Afghan War or not. the only way it is helping is that it is showing us that he's putting a lot of effort into it.

I'm still good with my vote, for the deception.

Now if we can have cabbage with that corned beef, i'm all in.
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby robellis00 on Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:25 pm

BuJaber wrote:
I think mitch is probably town and just wrong in his approach .

this is the quote i was referring to from BuJaber. Although I totally disagree with mitch probably being town.
Lieutenant robellis00

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives