Conquer Club

Game Over - Tokens Coming Soon

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Operation Michael Newbie Game Day 1

Postby dakky21 on Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:35 am

betiko wrote:just to calculate our margin of error in a worse case scenario as I'm not used to small games such as this one:

Yes, we have room for two mislynches and then D3 it's LYLO. But I'm pretty much sure we will know who the scum is by then, at least one.
Captain dakky21

Postby BuJaber on Wed Apr 18, 2018 1:11 pm

Obviously it could have been an act but I'm inclined to assume that betiko is town.
Scum probably wouldn't be this eager to show how vulnerable we are.

Will keep an eye out in case you show signs of deception though
Major BuJaber

Postby robellis00 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:21 am

thanks for the reality check. we do not have much room for mistakes, and don't want scum to overpower us. but we could probably still afford to get rid of madmitch.

vote: madmitch for scummy unhelpful gibberish
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby Ragian on Thu Apr 19, 2018 12:40 am

We don't have much room for mistakes, but you want madmitch gone. Do you know something that we don't know?
Captain Ragian

Postby BuJaber on Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:43 am

What if he heard about madmitch's reputation here and is trying to get an easy lynch?

Vote: robellis

I'm on to you
Major BuJaber

Postby djelebert on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:51 am

There's only have 2 chances on 7 to find one mafia guy on this first lynch, Who do we want to sacrifice?
Apparently mitch was designed only for reputation. dakky was quick to designate him, and robellio followed.

Vote Dakky , who seems to like the lynching action.
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby Ragian on Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:12 am

Two things:

1) You need to vote in bold. Like this: Unvote vote djelebert
2) Are you voting for dakky because he wants a lynch? Do you not want a lynch? If so, why are you voting?
Captain Ragian

Postby djelebert on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:04 am

Ragian wrote:Two things:

2) Are you voting for dakky because he wants a lynch? Do you not want a lynch? If so, why are you voting?

Sorry
Vote Dakky
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby Ragian on Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:28 am

Nothing for no. 2? :|
Captain Ragian

Postby madmitch on Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:15 am

@ Pika, I had soldiers like everyone else, all dead now :cry: @ Robellis What happened to your statement to Dakky ? and why am I now the bad guy ? :x My question about the knife used is sane, the Generals wuld not likely have bayonets ,and if 1 was used the type would tell us if it was British ,French , or German. Your vote on me makes me suspect you have something to hide :-s
Cadet madmitch

Postby djelebert on Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:24 am

Ragian wrote:Nothing for no. 2? :|

more explicit in english :
madmitch (talking to robellio but was dakky's statement) wrote: Your vote on me makes me suspect you have something to hide :-s
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby robellis00 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:12 pm

which knife was used? That's stupid. It wouldn't matter if it was German, British, or French because the scenario says the Allied Generals are stuck in a trench, someone is killed by a spy. The spy is one of the Allied Generals.
The spy could have used any knife available to them in the trench, which could have been friendly or not, according to the scenario (which you may need to read again). What good spy is going to blow their cover by killing someone with their own knife when they could use someone else's?

Sorry for the long post, but the ridiculousness needed to end. We should weed out those that are least likely to help us reach our goal of beating the mafia.
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby dakky21 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:03 pm

In a vanilla game like this you can't really weed out those who are least likely to help us to lynch mafia. Or at least not yet. It's still Day 1 and still is a joke vote phase, so any current votes are not really important. Me voting Mitch is normal for every game with him, while votes on me are jokes as well.

The non-joking part: I believe DoomYoshi didn't put as mafia someone from the regulars and gave a daychat, I believe scum will be someone from your lines, "newbies"... this mafia was made to invite new players and I think scum must be someone new, because how would you otherwise attract a new players unless you give them overpowered roles?

I'm willing to vote for either robellis, djelebert, betiko or loose cannon.
Captain dakky21

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:10 pm

djelebert wrote:
Ragian wrote:Two things:

Sorry
Vote Dakky

You need to vote bold the word "vote" also for it to count.

Sorry to be a stickler, but it's one of the core mechanics.

Vote Count
madmitch (2) - dakky, robellis
dakky (1) - Pikanchion
djelebert (1) - Ragian
robellis (1) - Bujaber

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby dakky21 on Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:07 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:You need to vote the word "vote" also for it to count.

Sorry to be a stickler, but it's one of the core mechanics.

Vote word "vote". Sorry to be a stickler, but you made a lol typo.
Captain dakky21

Postby DoomYoshi on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:07 pm

Fixed. :oops:
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Pikanchion on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:11 pm

Vote: Vote :3

dakky21 wrote:In a vanilla game like this you can't really weed out those who are least likely to help us to lynch mafia. Or at least not yet. It's still Day 1 and still is a joke vote phase, so any current votes are not really important. Me voting Mitch is normal for every game with him, while votes on me are jokes as well.

The non-joking part: I believe DoomYoshi didn't put as mafia someone from the regulars and gave a daychat, I believe scum will be someone from your lines, "newbies"... this mafia was made to invite new players and I think scum must be someone new, because how would you otherwise attract a new players unless you give them overpowered roles?

But there's at least twice as many town power roles as scum power roles, and at least one of the scum is vanilla... Even if roles had been manipulated in such a way, it would make far more sense for one of the mafia team to be an older player and one to be a newer player so the older player could help the newer one, and in that case the more established of the mafia players would be a far better target.
Private Pikanchion

Postby madmitch on Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:46 pm

@ robellis00 so you are saying you didn't use your own knife =D> =D>
Cadet madmitch

Postby Ragian on Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:18 am

I agree with Pika *shudders*

It would make sense that the day chat would be an experienced player coaching a new player, right?

Anyway, my joke on Djele started out as a joke vote, but I don't get a joky vibe from him when voting dakky with the explanation that dakky wants to lynch. It seems contradictory at best.
Captain Ragian

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:25 am

dakky21 wrote:In a vanilla game like this you can't really weed out those who are least likely to help us to lynch mafia. Or at least not yet. It's still Day 1 and still is a joke vote phase, so any current votes are not really important. Me voting Mitch is normal for every game with him, while votes on me are jokes as well.

Just to be clear, I ve participated in about 7-10 mafia games in this forum at a time where it was much more popular on the site, the smallest games being probably of 16 players or so.... including the most complicated one i ve ever seen, the lovecraft mafia game by / that was awesome.

Anyways, i ve never been a game master, but when I used to play roles were given randomly. I'm not sure we can make assumptions. Although... I m not sure I would've left two complete noobs as mafia. It's something to consider but we can't either take that for granted. Although I haven't seen doom mention that roles were given randomly, not that I remember at least.

Regarding the whole knife thing... it's completely stupid to try and find a clue there. It's just for the athmosphere, a game master would never leave a real hint there.

Not sure I liked how robellis can "afford" to lynch someone just because of his bad gameplay.
Vote robellis
Major betiko

Postby BuJaber on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:27 am

I think it's wrong to assume that the roles were not given out randomly. I've never heard of any mod assigning specific roles to specific people. Even if that is the case it is not our job to suspect people based on that. That goes against the nature of a mafia game where all information should be gathered from the in-game mechanics, posts and events.

Also I doubt there are any clues in the flavor posts like that intro by the mod. So enough talk about knives.

I already suspect robellis and I like the last point made by betiko too so I'm happy where my vote is.
Major BuJaber

Postby djelebert on Fri Apr 20, 2018 4:28 am

Ragian wrote:I agree with Pika *shudders*

It would make sense that the day chat would be an experienced player coaching a new player, right?

Anyway, my joke on Djele started out as a joke vote, but I don't get a joky vibe from him when voting dakky with the explanation that dakky wants to lynch. It seems contradictory at best.

Sorry Ragian! It's not that I wasn't in joky vibe, but my english is not so improved in non-formal discussion, sorry to let you impression of making a flop, it's not intentionnal! I'm not used in joking in english with my english clients who are not joky largely!

Coming back to our bad guy in trench, we are all soldiers, Is it possible to know which grade got each people?

And to respect mechanics
Vote Dakky
Lieutenant djelebert

Postby madmitch on Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:25 am

I was just screwing around with this knife bullshit just to see what would happen ? Sure made some people upset :lol: :lol: :lol: Welcome to the trenches O:)
Cadet madmitch

Postby betiko on Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:08 am

djelebert wrote:
Ragian wrote:I agree with Pika *shudders*

Sorry Ragian! It's not that I wasn't in joky vibe, but my english is not so improved in non-formal discussion, sorry to let you impression of making a flop, it's not intentionnal! I'm not used in joking in english with my english clients who are not joky largely!

Coming back to our bad guy in trench, we are all soldiers, Is it possible to know which grade got each people?

And to respect mechanics
Vote Dakky

Sounds like a good opportunity to improve your joke mode in english then! :P

Regarding army ranks, people can claim whatever they want, I don't think it should be of any help. Unless someone tell us he is a SS panzer general or something. He could be suspicious indeed :lol:

Regarding dakky, I think he's been around quite enough to surprise me with those questions. I m giving him a FOS for now (finger of suspicion).

Still leaving the pressure on robellis.

Pika, what are your thoughts? How many claims would you like to see before deciding who to lynch on a day 1?
Major betiko

Postby dakky21 on Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:26 am

betiko wrote:Anyways, i ve never been a game master, but when I used to play roles were given randomly. I'm not sure we can make assumptions. Although... I m not sure I would've left two complete noobs as mafia. It's something to consider but we can't either take that for granted. Although I haven't seen doom mention that roles were given randomly, not that I remember at least.

Actually, you're right. It's probably a non-random setup with one noob and one old player. It would make sense to do the teaching in day chat.

I don't know why people stick to me Day 1, I'm discussing the potential setup and not accusing anyone yet.
Captain dakky21

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives