Conquer Club

Game Over - Tokens Coming Soon

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Operation Michael Newbie Game Day 1

Postby Pikanchion on Fri Apr 20, 2018 5:42 pm

betiko wrote:How many claims would you like to see before deciding who to lynch on a day 1?

Depends on the claim(s), as few as possible though. An early mass claim can only help scum or force town to lie.
Private Pikanchion

Postby DoomYoshi on Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:32 pm

I'm going to start enforcing the 7-day day phase as of Monday. So the deadline will be April 30.
ā–‘ā–’ā–’ā–“ā–“ā–“ā–’ā–’ā–‘
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby Ragian on Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:53 am

The fewer claims D1 the better. If we could get scum to claim scum D1 that would be nice O:)

@Djele, I need to understand this completely: Are you actually voting for dakky or are you joke voting?

Also, what was the thing with the knife? As per usual, I skimmed when people started writing about flavour because I've never seen that work D1. What works is people talking and someone slipping up.
Captain Ragian

Postby betiko on Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:18 am

What s going on with loose cannon? Looks like he just registered to get some reward.
Can we prod him and/or replace him if he's going to be that useless?
Major betiko

Postby Ragian on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:20 am

He's not the same "bot" thing that entered one of the other games, is he?
Captain Ragian

Postby madmitch on Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:32 am

So far no clue on scum , maybe if we looked at our pass fights we might find a clue ? I ,myself have fought in a few but two stick out in my head ,the 2nd Anglo-Afghan war and the ------------------ ? maybe someone else fought in the same battle ? might help to fine scum :-k :-k :-k
Cadet madmitch

Postby DoomYoshi on Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:42 pm

betiko wrote:What s going on with loose cannon? Looks like he just registered to get some reward.
Can we prod him and/or replace him if he's going to be that useless?

Prodded!
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:33 pm

madmitch wrote:So far no clue on scum , maybe if we looked at our pass fights we might find a clue ? I ,myself have fought in a few but two stick out in my head ,the 2nd Anglo-Afghan war and the ------------------ ? maybe someone else fought in the same battle ? might help to fine scum :-k :-k :-k

I fought the ---------------- too. I'm sure that helps. Yay!

So back on track. I think we should start pressuring for a claim on whoever seems scummier to most so far. That way, we would have time to discuss the claim and go another direction if no one is convinced that person is scum given that doom gave a deadline. Joke vote stage is definitely over, we need everybody to step forward and give their analysis of the current situation and to put their joke vote somewhere.

I m still fine with my vote on robellis.
Major betiko

Postby dakky21 on Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:14 pm

It's not just Loose, what about others? Pretty much inactive?
Captain dakky21

Postby Ragian on Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:51 pm

While most seem hellbent on Rob - I'm still not sure for what reason, but he has gone quiet ever since receiving some pressure - I think we ought to wait for the lurkers before pressuring someone. We have some eight days, right. Plenty of time for the mod to prod :)
Captain Ragian

Postby BuJaber on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:02 am

I'm feeling Rob, maybe pika for being a little uncharestically quiet for scum at the moment.

Definitely need a bit more activity.

But where did mitch get the anglo-afghan war from? :-s suspicious
Major BuJaber

Postby robellis00 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:41 am

i'm still here, just observing the game. I tried helping to move the game forward or get some clues going but don't really know what's going on.
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby dakky21 on Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:10 am

"just observing the game" won't help anyone, it is day one, you can joke vote someone or just put pressure on someone for fun. Everyone must post something, remember the rule #11.
Captain dakky21

Postby Ragian on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:41 am

Lol, he tries participating, he gets votes. Then he observes and he gets grief :lol:

I love this game.
Captain Ragian

Postby madmitch on Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:59 am

The anglo-afghan war was 1 of the areas my character fought and since Bujaber and Betiko see to have know ideal about what I was talking about or what I was trying to accomplish they are on the top of my scum list
Cadet madmitch

Postby DoomYoshi on Sun Apr 22, 2018 4:29 pm

Vote Count
madmitch (2) - dakky, robellis
dakky (1) - djelebert
djelebert (1) - Ragian
robellis (1) - Bujaber, betiko

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Deadline is April 30.

Pikanchion, I just counted your jokevote as an unvote.
More prods will go out Tuesday. Small games always feel like everyone is inactive.
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby BuJaber on Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:02 am

madmitch wrote:The anglo-afghan war was 1 of the areas my character fought and since Bujaber and Betiko see to have know ideal about what I was talking about or what I was trying to accomplish they are on the top of my scum list

I don't like this comment at all for multiple reasons.

Does he have information we don't have?
Is he using flavor to come up with a fake case on us?
I know I am town and betiko is a townread of mine so it looks like he is throwing shade on two townies.
He says this but doesn't vote for either of us as if he is waiting for someone else to agree and back him up first.
It's interesting that betiko and I are both voting robellis too. Possible partner?

Dakky/Rags/pika what do you think of mitch so far? (Asking the people who have played with him before).
Major BuJaber

Postby betiko on Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:35 am

madmitch wrote:The anglo-afghan war was 1 of the areas my character fought and since Bujaber and Betiko see to have know ideal about what I was talking about or what I was trying to accomplish they are on the top of my scum list

Of course i understand you were throwing some flavour from your character. I guess we all received the portrait of a person participating in ww1, maybe with some extra information on other wars they were in, but you give 1 war and for the other one you write --------- as if it was of any use. Like we'd google for hours to look for a flavour read. Whatever.

Bujaber, voting for the same guy doesn't mean we can jump to any conclusion. I don't have a scum read on you so far, but my opinion is neutral. Don't expect me to partner with anyone in this game, there is nothing more dangerous than trading brownie points with a player and realize too late that you've been fooled.

I d like to hear more from my friend djelebert too, who is being awfully quiet lately. I think loose canon is a lost cause, the guy basically just showed up to confirm early day 1.

And I don't think we have that much time. If we get a claim late day 1 and we're all convinced he's town we won't really have time for a second option. I'd like to see people have stronger opinions. Rob, just watching what's going on won't help.
You are one of the most voted so far and you need to help us gather a bit more about you.
Major betiko

Postby Ragian on Mon Apr 23, 2018 5:42 am

Re: Mitch

I think he's trying to use flavour to incriminate someone. I.e. he's looking for scum. I don't fault him for that. I don't agree with his conclusions, though, as we're all generals, so surely DY has provided fake claims for scum, too.

So while I don't think whatever he says regarding you two sticks, I don't see his attempt at scumhunting as antitown at this point.
Captain Ragian

Postby Pikanchion on Mon Apr 23, 2018 8:54 am

dakky21 wrote:I believe DoomYoshi didn't put as mafia someone from the regulars and gave a daychat, I believe scum will be someone from your lines, "newbies"... this mafia was made to invite new players and I think scum must be someone new, because how would you otherwise attract a new players unless you give them overpowered roles?

I'm willing to vote for either robellis, djelebert, betiko or loose cannon.
"Here's a largely arbitrarily defined group that doesn't include myself, surely half of them are scum so let's lynch one of them."
dakky21 wrote:I don't know why people stick to me Day 1, I'm discussing the potential setup and not accusing anyone yet.

This is discussing the setup, this is accusing people.

Vote: dakky21
Private Pikanchion

Postby dakky21 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:28 am

So Pika you don't want me to accuse people and try to scumhunt? Why?
Captain dakky21

Postby madmitch on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:33 am

I just thought some of us Generals might of fought on the same front before ,and maybe what happened was a revenge killing or some grudge from the previous battles or maybe not ?
Cadet madmitch

Postby Pikanchion on Mon Apr 23, 2018 9:36 am

Declaring a small group of players to contain both scum roles for reasons entirely external to how those players have acted in this game is not scum hunting.
Private Pikanchion

Postby robellis00 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:13 am

betiko wrote: Rob, just watching what's going on won't help.
You are one of the most voted so far and you need to help us gather a bit more about you.

Betiko, i'm glad to help us. I'm town. I'm not very good at this so far, but I'm trying very hard to move the game forward for us.

No one has put these two pieces together as of yet, so I figured I would mention it and see if it helps.
It has been suggested that there are 2 mafia. 1 experienced player and 1 newbie.
It may not be our best option to go with 'what ifs' at this point, but that's all I got right now.

What if Mitch is the experienced mafia, doesn't know what he's doing, and therefore cannot help Loosecannon; hence the silence?
I realize that is throwing shade on people, because we don't know if they are town or not. Because of this, I'm still sticking with my vote on mitch.

Betiko, does that help us?
Lieutenant robellis00

Postby robellis00 on Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:14 am

meant to write..."I realize that is throwing shade on people, but that's fine with me right now because we don't know if they are town or not." Hope that clarifies.
Lieutenant robellis00

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives