Conquer Club

MAFIA- The New Direction

FOS: Dedicated those who can't get enough Mafia action. Ongoing Games located here!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: MAFIA- The New Direction

Postby _Reyth_ on Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:45 am

Ya I hear you. How is this community supposed to grow if we just accept the status quo of a minimal amount of players though? I am working on the roles for my next game which should require 17-18 players.

I think that if we invite players we know, regardless if they play Risk or not, it will help grow the Mafia community?
Private _Reyth_

Postby strike wolf on Wed Nov 15, 2023 9:18 pm

Okay. I think I've got a theme in mind for a mafia game. How about something from Terry Pratchetts Discworld series. Problem is the villains in a lot of those are more nebulous constructs or unaligned obstacles rather than an organized scum group. Gaurds! Guards! And Reaper Man amongst others do have a more organized villain group but may be better to start with the first book The Colour of Magic. Actual size could be pretty flexible. The book only has a small core of major characters but there's also a lot of side characters that could appear.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby Charle on Thu Nov 16, 2023 1:26 am

The Thing is my second game and I really enjoy it. Was thinking with the next game to advertise it in the SoC, maybe we will get a few more players. We can also ask that they add it to the Announcements bar once we signing up new games.
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Thu Nov 16, 2023 3:55 am

I'd say just make a sign up thread and see who joins.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby _Reyth_ on Thu Nov 16, 2023 7:52 am

Charle wrote:The Thing is my second game and I really enjoy it. Was thinking with the next game to advertise it in the SoC, maybe we will get a few more players. We can also ask that they add it to the Announcements bar once we signing up new games.

I only have 6 more Role PM's to do, I'll just post it to the thread as Signups; I think that's how its done around here. Then I will focus on the murder mystery one and post it ASAP. I figure we just post games; you know, if you build it, they will come?
Private _Reyth_

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:08 pm

strike wolf wrote:Okay. I think I've got a theme in mind for a mafia game. How about something from Terry Pratchetts Discworld series. Problem is the villains in a lot of those are more nebulous constructs or unaligned obstacles rather than an organized scum group. Gaurds! Guards! And Reaper Man amongst others do have a more organized villain group but may be better to start with the first book The Colour of Magic. Actual size could be pretty flexible. The book only has a small core of major characters but there's also a lot of side characters that could appear.

I just want to play a semiopen setup with people here :D
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby _Reyth_ on Thu Nov 16, 2023 12:10 pm

I say the more Mods, the merrier -- however it happens! :D
Private _Reyth_

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sat Nov 18, 2023 7:26 am

strike wolf wrote:Okay. I think I've got a theme in mind for a mafia game. How about something from Terry Pratchetts Discworld series. Problem is the villains in a lot of those are more nebulous constructs or unaligned obstacles rather than an organized scum group. Gaurds! Guards! And Reaper Man amongst others do have a more organized villain group but may be better to start with the first book The Colour of Magic. Actual size could be pretty flexible. The book only has a small core of major characters but there's also a lot of side characters that could appear.

Idk why i just now saw this but please mod. You're pretty stellar at it.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby General_Reyth on Sat Nov 18, 2023 11:09 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:

Ya if you Mod, I will get to play! :D
Cook General_Reyth

Postby strike wolf on Sat Nov 18, 2023 6:30 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:

I'll start trying to work it out. It's been a while so may have to remember how to balance games.
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Cadet strike wolf

Postby nagerous on Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:37 pm

Good to see some activity again.
Captain nagerous

Postby nagerous on Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:38 pm

I'll be available again to play in 2035, if that seems like a long time, we're 50% of the way there since my last game anyways.
Captain nagerous

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:15 pm

Did you get rejected or something and now you're on CC like a spiteful old lover?
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Razorvich on Wed Mar 06, 2024 3:13 am

Please welcome Devante as the NEW Moderator of this forum

Devante has my 100% support in helping out in areas that I am struggling with atm.
I will act as the back up Mod, we will work as a team and our word will be final.

We will be hostng Site Mafia Events in the future... maybe Devante can tone down my crazy???......

yeah.... NO :twisted:
High Score: 2569
TeeGee has my PW... Wall him if I get below 1 Hour in CLAN GAMES ONLY !!
Captain Razorvich
Head Chatter
Head Chatter

Postby Charle on Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:52 am

Nice to see you again Raz! Thanks for the headsup and congratz Devante with the new position!
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Ragian on Wed Mar 06, 2024 6:54 am

Congrats, Devante!
Captain Ragian

Postby strike wolf on Wed Mar 06, 2024 8:45 am

Congrats Devante and welcome back Raz

Cadet strike wolf

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Wed Mar 06, 2024 10:17 am

Congrats Dev! Welcome back Raz!
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby SoN!c on Wed Mar 06, 2024 12:15 pm

Deve is doing good and doing well!

way to go Deve! =D> =D>
Major SoN!c

Previous

Return to Mafia Games