Conquer Club

The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia Spirits Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia (D1) 13/13 Confirmation

Postby Votanic on Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:49 pm

SoN!c wrote:Looks like im completely in the wrong corner here..

"spirits have been making their way into our village. In the form of those we know and attack us in our homes"

"In the end, the man offered the group some of his guides to help them through the forest so that hopefully they could find the source of the 'spirits' that were now attacking."

So i was thinking these "glowing evil markers" would lead us to the "evil spirit" source. I mean our job is to find the source of the 'spirits' that are now attacking the village and we already know we will encunter lots of "swords".. Seems if you do 1+1 = the road from town to the evil spirit source is just about following the markers to the source..?? No?
The nature of scum in this game baffles me too.
That remark about 'spirits in the form of those we know must be relevant, ...unless it's the biggest, brightest red herring that ever existed.

It sounds like an enemy (scum? third party?) that either possesses or mimics friends/relatives. I really don't think this is a cult game, so I'm leaning towards the possibility that scum might have some additional powers of concealment or mimicry.

The fact that we haven't been told who is from the city and who is from the forest villages also seems bizarre to me. According to the intro story it should be obvious and publicly known. As a player with a city role, that might almost make me think that the the Villagers = Scum... but that seems too straight-forward, and also goes against the friendly vibe of the villagers in the story... Unless they were just being fake-friendly...

Even though I'm not confirmed, I am happy to claim town and try to be a nucleus around which town might be able to develop some trust.
Town needs an anchor like this, because right now we are very much adrift in a sea of confusion.
Also, if there is a Town Villager who also would like to claim being 'Town' on Day 1... that might begin to build some trust between the Citizens and the Villagers...
Of course, I can only hope that would not be misplaced trust!

But then the mod says the swords are all just a joke?

Man, i miss a "rulebook" :lol:

Also the "glowing swords being a joke" makes me doubt everything and im clueless here.. After the "joke" im even thinking more that "now attacking" makes me feel these spirits are sometimes the enemy and sometimes friendly? That was my original idea and after "it's all a joke" i have a bit "in the forest you smoke bush weeds so in the forest everything is a joke" feeling?

Need more coffee

What happens in the forest stays in the forest guys..
Sergeant 1st Class Votanic

Postby SoN!c on Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:54 pm

Votanic wrote:

"spirits have been making their way into our village. In the form of those we know and attack us in our homes"

"In the end, the man offered the group some of his guides to help them through the forest so that hopefully they could find the source of the 'spirits' that were now attacking."

So i was thinking these "glowing evil markers" would lead us to the "evil spirit" source. I mean our job is to find the source of the 'spirits' that are now attacking the village and we already know we will encunter lots of "swords".. Seems if you do 1+1 = the road from town to the evil spirit source is just about following the markers to the source..?? No?
That remark about 'spirits in the form of those we know must be relevant, ...unless it's the biggest, brightest red herring that ever existed.

It sounds like an enemy (scum? third party?) that either possesses or mimics friends/relatives. I really don't think this is a cult game, so I'm leaning towards the possibility that scum might have some additional powers of concealment or mimicry.

The fact that we haven't been told who is from the city and who is from the forest villages also seems bizarre to me. According to the intro story it should be obvious and publicly known. As a player with a city role, that might almost make me think that the the Villagers = Scum... but that seems too straight-forward, and also goes against the friendly vibe of the villagers in the story... Unless they were just being fake-friendly...

Even though I'm not confirmed, I am happy to claim town and try to be a nucleus around which town might be able to develop some trust.
Town needs an anchor like this, because right now we are very much adrift in a sea of confusion.
Also, if there is a Town Villager who also would like to claim being 'Town' on Day 1... that might begin to build some trust between the Citizens and the Villagers...

Also the "glowing swords being a joke" makes me doubt everything and im clueless here.. After the "joke" im even thinking more that "now attacking" makes me feel these spirits are sometimes the enemy and sometimes friendly? That was my original idea and after "it's all a joke" i have a bit "in the forest you smoke bush weeds so in the forest everything is a joke" feeling?

Need more coffee

What happens in the forest stays in the forest guys..

Yeah exactly, we are all walking in a big cloud of Ganja smoke
Major SoN!c

Postby Votanic on Sun Feb 11, 2024 3:55 pm

EBWOP, Oops, somehow I wrote my new comments inside Sonic's quote.
No, I wasn't on cannabis, and I really do not recommend playing while on drugs, including alcohol, ...but not including coffee/tea.
Be alert. Town needs more lerts.

Postby SoN!c on Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:02 pm

I had an idea that the markers were possessed by evil spirits - because "glowing" and "looked after" sounds like "guarded" and that "now attacking" would mean "sometimes attacking" so in short i was thinking we had to follow the markers to its base and the further we went the more markers we would encounter...These markers would sometimes attack us, sometimes guide us..

Now im thinking: just drink your weekend evening beer man. This is all koo-koo crazy stuff and thinking it will get you nowhere.
Major SoN!c

Postby Votanic on Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:06 pm

SoN!c wrote:I had an idea that the markers were possessed by evil spirits - because "glowing" and "looked after" sounds like "guarded" and that "now attacking" would mean "sometimes attacking" so in short i was thinking we had to follow the markers to its base and the further we went the more markers we would encounter...These markers would sometimes attack us, sometimes guide us..

Now im thinking: just drink your weekend evening beer man. This is all koo-koo crazy stuff and thinking it will get you nowhere.

Yeah sure, just sleep it off....
Come back Monday, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed, ready to save Town!

Postby Votanic on Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:12 pm

...that is, if you're town.

Postby SoN!c on Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:16 pm

Votanic wrote:...that is, if you're town.

Yeah, i know what i am.. im more worried on you on that... :lol:
afterall you picked up the glowing sword that modsays 'it's all a joke" (then again people in jamaica pay lots of dollars fur such a ganja smoke joke spell)
Major SoN!c

Postby pmchugh on Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:44 pm

Votanic wrote:EBWOP, Oops, somehow I wrote my new comments inside Sonic's quote.
No, I wasn't on cannabis, and I really do not recommend playing while on drugs, including alcohol, ...but not including coffee/tea.
Be alert. Town needs more lerts.

I am villager/town. I don't think the villager/city dweller difference is anything other than flavour. The wild ass flavour theories so far are so off the track the mod stepped in.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby pmchugh on Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:46 pm

DirtyDishSoap wrote:WE'RE SO FUCKED

You must be close to high poster without saying a single word yet. Care to weigh in on votatonics defensiveness and now pivot to declaring himself town lead? Do you think vot is genuine?
Major pmchugh

Postby pmchugh on Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:52 pm

Charle wrote:Also now only back from an awesome sunday lunch with the family. Yes, I would like to know from Votanic how did he know that it was a sword? Do you have maybe magical powers? That might be very dangerous should it be in the hands of scum, for sure! We should be careful.

This seems like you are turning the heat up on vot while phrasing everything super inoffensively so as to maintain deniability if we did start a real wagon. vote charle
Major pmchugh

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:02 pm

pmchugh wrote:
DirtyDishSoap wrote:WE'RE SO FUCKED

You must be close to high poster without saying a single word yet. Care to weigh in on votatonics defensiveness and now pivot to declaring himself town lead? Do you think vot is genuine?

I've always maintained a neutral stance on days 1, mostly due to baseless finger pointing and the lack of reads.

So with that unvote vote no lynch
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby Devante on Sun Feb 11, 2024 7:48 pm

Taking all the panicked nonsense, jokes and posts out of this and refocusing on things after catching up. First off I am town/city. Won’t claim any role as I’m not sure how that would impact the game but regardless I’m city.

Here’s my thoughts so far.

I’m thinking that the villager guides maybe don’t matter as based on the story we all headed out together from the city. A number of players haven’t spoken but it’s the weekend and game just started so likely just haven’t gotten around to it. I’d like to think anyways.

I’m also thinking the guides might just serve as a narrative tool for the mod as for one of us to randomly point out their now a guide would seem very suspicious. Especially if they then tried to steer the rest of us so I think it’s just part of the story. This seems like a book storyline adapted for mafia. So I’m looking at it as a story I’d read and trying to think of how to bring in scum, a cop, a detective, and so on.

I'm only familiar with the wolf game roles but I think that’s how you guys cross called most of them out as. I’ll have to read up on general mafia roles which will help with this. If anyone has a good link please post.

As for the spirits being the scum think they will come into play now that we are in the forest. So at some point some in our group will become or be influenced by spirits. They may not even know it yet until night hits. Or won’t know for sure who each other are until then.

Spitballing here but that’s what I’m thinking at this point. A week for day should help some. I’m not ruling no lunch as I agree we can get some more info about the game especially this game with a lot of unknowns but I don’t see anyone yet worth voting so I’ll hold off till more info.

And I will be carrying my rifle, revolver, shotgun, hunting blade, slingshot and crossbow. But most importantly I am also carrying my proton pack, that’s right, so you damn spirits best stay away. I ain’t afraid of no ghost.
Major Devante

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:40 pm

What are you? A witcher? A mutant freak?! You're carrying a fucking arsenal!
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby Devante on Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:04 pm

You damn right I’m bringing an arsenal. We just left the city, as far as I know I’m the only citizen who is righteous here and now we got unknown villages and spirits to deal with. I’d say I packed right. Also brought a trail bar, water and some fermented sugar cane as the old pirates use to drink if our historic records are true. My own creation of course. Not sure how many sips till you’re blind but as events progress we may find out.

This I swear on my honor: I shall not flee the field of battle, shall not use any trickery or foul play and shall fight worthily and with my visor raised. Respect the goodness in all life. Aid others, but never control or coerce them. I solidify my vow in the presence of these thirteen witnesses. And apparently a couple of guides
Major Devante

Postby swang918 on Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:15 pm

re pmc, I agree that votanic's defensiveness is weird after two joke votes. But I've played 2 games w vot and have not seen him get pressured much at all, so maybe this is just how he deals with heat. but its something to keep an eye on and consider for sure.
re voting charle, this is just how charle plays, I don't see anything scummy there either.

so from me, no real reads yet. I'm in favor of another randwagon. Vote DDS for going back to his no lynch d1 thing.
Major swang918

Postby fusibaseball on Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:19 am

THE SWORD IS EXTREMELY LARGE AND HENCE SHOULD BE A COMMUNAL ASSET.
Field Marshal fusibaseball

Postby Votanic on Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:35 am

fusibaseball wrote:THE SWORD IS EXTREMELY LARGE AND HENCE SHOULD BE A COMMUNAL ASSET.

Seriously, are you just skimming the posts?
strike already said we can all have as many swords and axes as we want! ...other weapons too!! No background checks or nothing. Yee-haw!
So get your own giant sword. That way you don't have to share. In fact, why not get a couple dozen in a range of different colours to coordinate with your outfits.
In Make-believe Land you can have as much of everything as you might ever want and it's all completely free!

Postby Ewebasher on Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:01 am

Well it's just me and my keyboard here... (pen/keyboard being mightier than the sword)...

I don't have a scooby what's going on here... at least in Miller's Hollow we had some public roles/powers that we could use/discuss.

Here it feels we're blindly groping in the dark, getting pricked by thorns and trying to avoid cutting ourselves on Vot's giant sword (ooh err missus)

No idea which side I want to confess to... as it's not clear to me who the scum are.

Personally the spirits would be my guess - do they maybe possess some of us? Has that happened already (would guess no)? Will it happen tonight (would guess yes)? Maybe we are all 'town/village' at the moment?

VOTE NO LYNCH
Major Ewebasher

Postby SoN!c on Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:10 am

Devante wrote:
This seems like a book storyline adapted for mafia. So I’m looking at it as a story I’d read and trying to think of how to bring in scum, a cop, a detective, and so on.

As for the spirits being the scum think they will come into play now that we are in the forest. So at some point some in our group will become or be influenced by spirits. They may not even know it yet until night hits. Or won’t know for sure who each other are until then.

Im with Deve here. It's a story so we need to figure out the story.

What we have here is:
1) A group of men from the city arrives at a forest village.
2) The town guide / the story says that the Glowing idol Markers (the big swords) lead to the source of the "spirits" attacking that town..
3) A guide from the forest town will guide the city slackers deep into the forest to find this source
4) the guide says he did not signal the city group for help but anothervillage did

Look if you think on it, this story sounds a bit like those popular cannibal rainforest horror movies where a city group is welcomed friendly in a rain forest village at first but later the town guide lures the city group into a death trap

Also in the story the mod mentions that the villagers can very easy move their town encampment a few times so that would make the "homes" very small huts right?

That's a important detail if you look at this line:

"spirits have been making their way into our village.In the form of those we know and attack us in our homes."

"In the form of those we know" = definitely sounds like a "spirit" convertion to me?

"In the form of those we know and attack us in our homes" = a night action because why would you be in your smal hut during the day?

I'd like to hear everybody's idea on what they make of the line "spirts attacking us in the form of those we know"?
Major SoN!c

Postby Votanic on Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:32 am

Ewebasher wrote:Well it's just me and my keyboard here... (pen/keyboard being mightier than the sword)...

I don't have a scooby what's going on here... at least in Miller's Hollow we had some public roles/powers that we could use/discuss.

Here it feels we're blindly groping in the dark, getting pricked by thorns and trying to avoid cutting ourselves on Vot's giant sword (ooh err missus)

No idea which side I want to confess to... as it's not clear to me who the scum are.

Personally the spirits would be my guess - do they maybe possess some of us? Has that happened already (would guess no)? Will it happen tonight (would guess yes)? Maybe we are all 'town/village' at the moment?

VOTE NO LYNCH

The idea of scum not knowing they are scum on Day 1 was a fun idea to speculate about in the last game...I suppose strike could decide to make that a gameplay reality...
In any case, you are right about the lack of public roles changing the nature of Day 1... Probably nothing will happen except doubtful psychological reads and unlikely flavour interpetation...

Frankly, I'm about ready to totally ignore flavour and just treat this like a basic flavourless mafia game... The idea about the Spirits and the difference between City and Village might be clues, but maybe not even that. Maybe strike just wanted to multi-task by both modding a mafia game and getting feedback on his creative writing...

FPed by Sonic...
Maybe it is naive to expect people to ignore the flavor when that is all we have to examine... I just hope it isn't a big red herring.
Maybe there is a puzzle to figure out, but if not, it will take up a lot of time and wear people out.
@ strike: Only you can really tell if the flavor is enhancing the game or detracting from it. If it is still working as intended, by all means keep it in... but if you think it needs to be partly scaled back and explained to avoid excessive confusion I would totally understand and not hold it against you.

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:33 am

fusibaseball wrote:THE SWORD IS EXTREMELY LARGE AND HENCE SHOULD BE A COMMUNAL ASSET.

HERE HERE!
LET US POLISH THE COMMUNAL SWORD!
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby Charle on Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:48 am

pmchugh wrote:
Charle wrote:Also now only back from an awesome sunday lunch with the family. Yes, I would like to know from Votanic how did he know that it was a sword? Do you have maybe magical powers? That might be very dangerous should it be in the hands of scum, for sure! We should be careful.

This seems like you are turning the heat up on vot while phrasing everything super inoffensively so as to maintain deniability if we did start a real wagon. vote charle

No, I am town. It was just a very unknown thing in the start about the sword, but now explained by Strike. Not really something we should waste our time with at the moment.

'As for now, we do not have a lot to work with, lot's of laughs though. I will vote where town needs me like I always do, but for now there is not really any good direction.
Captain Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby SoN!c on Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:23 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:HERE HERE! POLISH THE COMMUNAL SWORD!

I think you just picked up the "Largest Goofball Zweihänder CARROTTANA
Sword of Everlasting Moonlight"!!

Let rest of town know what it's special powers are as soon you find those out!

Major SoN!c

Postby strike wolf on Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:38 am

Vote Count

Trafalgar
Votanic (1)-Fusi
Charle (1)-PMChugh
DDS (1)-Swang
Loose Canon
Fusibaseball
Son!c
PMC
Ewebasher
Kingm
Devante
Swang
*Pixar*

No Lynch (3)-Votanic, DDS, Ewebasher

With 13 alive It takes 7 to lynch

Day 1 will end next Saturday around 11:30 PM est

Loose Canon has been prodded. If there is anyone else who hasnt posted and needs a prod or if I missed a vote/unvote in the count, please let me know
Iliad wrote:The upside of calling everyone scum and making 1000 predictions is that statistically you should get a few right.

Strike wolf need brain for smart making.
Cadet strike wolf

Postby *Pixar* on Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:00 am

I am totally lost with this story honestly. Can I go back to biting people as a wolf? :lol:
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives