Conquer Club

The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia Spirits Wins!

Housing completed games. Come take a walk through a history of suspicion!

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Wild Beyond the Walls Mafia (D1) 13/13 Confirmation

Postby Ewebasher on Tue Feb 13, 2024 6:54 am

Another city dweller here
Major Ewebasher

Postby Ewebasher on Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:00 am

Votanic wrote:Sure, join the claim-club.
Claims so far include myself (city), Devante (city), and pmchugh (village).

Not sure pmchugh actually specified village? He said village/town and then used village/city dweller later in same post stating he didn't think they were any different (other than flavour)...

Could be a bluff knowing full well that village = scum and he's having a good laugh at our blind groping... but personally I think he's right and we're playing a villager/town/city vs spirit game.
Major Ewebasher

Postby swang918 on Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:50 am

I also think the villager/city distinction is only flavor. Im village
Major swang918

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:18 am

City dweller here
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Your obsession with mrswdk is really sad.

ConfederateSS wrote:Just because people are idiots... Doesn't make them wrong.
Corporal 1st Class DirtyDishSoap

Postby SoN!c on Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:35 am

City Dweller with a funny city name.. By reading the story i think you can tell it from a mile away that the city dwellers will end up being just the food in here.

show
Major SoN!c

Postby Charle on Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:48 am

William Freeman from the Village.
Major Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby TrafalgarLaw01 on Tue Feb 13, 2024 10:50 am

Is there no harm in claiming this? I dont see harm just yet, but if we start revealing roles later on it could be great info for scum. Like powers associated with each faction )villager/citicens) fro which I believe both have townies and maybe both or neither have scum. I am no fan of softclaimings early on. But like half the players have already claimed their origin. So if more do so I shall do as well.

I have also said no Lynch D1, since we most likely will lynch a townie or we could end outing an important role like cop in the School game.
General TrafalgarLaw01

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:03 am

I don't believe there is any harm in saying if you're city/village. It's fluff.
William Freeman? Morgan Freeman comes to mind. I think the names are just going to be goofy so can't really go off of that.
Dukasaur wrote:
saxitoxin wrote:taking medical advice from this creature; a morbidly obese man who is 100% convinced he willed himself into becoming a woman.

Postby swang918 on Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:05 am

I think its fine to end up with a no lynch but we should at least get some wagons going and some pressure applied and get some vote history to look back on for later days. And with random odds the chances of hitting scum is higher than hitting cop.
Major swang918

Postby SoN!c on Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:19 am

DirtyDishSoap wrote:I don't believe there is any harm in saying if you're city/village. It's fluff.
William Freeman? Morgan Freeman comes to mind. I think the names are just going to be goofy so can't really go off of that.

@DDS:It's not "Morgan" that comes to mind with me but the goofy name "Will I Am Free Man"? Man his parents must have been so high! Who writes this stuff? :D
Major SoN!c

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:43 am

Well, i read the latter half of the story, and I'm assuming town = city. Maybe village, but given the theme and our goal, seems unlikely.
Scum I guess are spirits? So some useless speculation here, but some forest folklore could be mischievous beings like leshins, redcaps, werewolves, jotuun, etc. Spirits are vague.

With all that said, and another assumption here, but we all have names that are unreliable reads. We could lolwagon someone to reveal but i find that more harmful than good.

No big surprise, but sticking with the no lynch.
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby pmchugh on Tue Feb 13, 2024 12:36 pm

Didn't realise I had to unvote. I actually get town vibes from DDS, or else he is just one hella chill wolf.

I don't mind people claiming village/city, but names are a bit too much as they could potentially give hints as to who has a good PR and who doesn't, so we should save that for near lynch time.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Loose Canon on Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:29 pm

I'm curious about vot because he led with some good logic for town last game. This game he came out the blocks early but then just basically retracted his early comments. It's a bit early and a lot too tenuous for me to try to pressure him with threat of vote bandwagon. But I'm curious. Unless anything comes to light about anyone I'm likely to vote no lynch.
[img]http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/97/ic2u.png[/img]
Major Loose Canon

Postby Votanic on Tue Feb 13, 2024 3:53 pm

Loose Canon wrote:I'm curious about vot because he led with some good logic for town last game. This game he came out the blocks early but then just basically retracted his early comments. It's a bit early and a lot too tenuous for me to try to pressure him with threat of vote bandwagon. But I'm curious. Unless anything comes to light about anyone I'm likely to vote no lynch.

Okay let's talk about this.
Yes, I did start the discussion about the sharp, metal thing ('cough' sword)... and for that, I do apologize.
But to be fair, go back and take a look at my first post about it. I'm not jumping down the rabbit hole. I'm standing on the edge of the rabbit hole asking the mod for clarification...
and then, things just got out of hand....
Lieutenant Votanic

Postby DirtyDishSoap on Tue Feb 13, 2024 7:18 pm

You mean sharp long objects fell out of your hand?
Dukasaur wrote:

Postby SoN!c on Tue Feb 13, 2024 9:00 pm

The "He-Man Swords Intermezzo" did made us forget all about the story saying "it's all fluff".. That could be a costly mistake considering the time Strike spended writing it? Thinking on the time he took writing it makes me think the story is important and yes for entertainment reasons the mod allowed Vot to pick up the glowing marker as a sword.

But that was clearly a first hunch idea of the mod, as a response to Vot who asked it, and was not being part of the original written story that they are "sharp glowing markers".

Also Traf has a very good point. We should be careful with claiming.

After all, this is a story about a bunch of city dwellers arriving at a desolate tribal forest village (infested with evil spirit attacks)..
Reading the story it's clear this tribal village is here already for decades.. how did they survive for so many years as im pretty sure we are gonna see a lot of deaths in the next days..?.

Surely a "village high priest" or "village elder" will have to provide "offerings" to the evil spirit gods? And who will the village elder decide on? His own people or the fresh arrived group?

Let's consider there is a 3P in here (like a "village high priest" , "village elder" or a "possessed spirit helper" role) with win scenario if all the city dwellers are fed / offered to the spirit gods? Or another reason that could become clear later on why Traf could be right?
Major SoN!c

Postby Devante on Tue Feb 13, 2024 11:40 pm

I don't know about the rest of you but given we are in uncharted territory I think we really have to decide between two things. Do we lynch or no lynch?

Lynching, even though given wolves game seems good as we might randomly hit a target, with the story as it is and even with posts by everyone, personally I don't know who I would want to lynch. Trying to grasp the story and how it incorporates with mafia has us all into shambles. No Lynch, not great either, but I'm wishing that hopefully night events and further mod storytelling might tell us more on how city party should move forward and that we don't accidently.

So, comes down to this, are we lynching somebody or not. If not let's get this day over with. If we are then let's table who. I would definitely like to hear from those that have been silent so far. Given the story line in play I don't think a claim is uncalled for. No specific names or roles but this might give town an edge moving forward so I think it's worth it
Colonel Devante

Postby Charle on Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:20 am

I also agree, we should be very careful with claims and soft claims on day one. The names means nothing, I think it is just a random list handed out. The roles are a different story, no good to give the scum targets, specially on day 1.

Regarding the story, I think Strike is making it up as the game flows, making it interesting for us. I don't believe there are any hints in it at the moment, apart from setting up the environment.

I agree with the no lynch for day one, let's see what the night brings us and maybe tomorrow we have more to work with.

Vote No-Lynch
Major Charle
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby pmchugh on Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:42 am

I feel like I am losing the no lynch battle. But I don't think it's the right topic anyway, the topic should be about who we consider to be better or worse targets for lynch.

Maybe we should switch perspective and think, who would you not want to lynch if we had to lynch someone?

I get town vibes from swang, I find myself nodding along to their posts. I would rather kill someone who is not contributing much to the discussion, trying to go under the radar. DDS isn't contributing much but his relaxed style of posting seemed genuine to me.

Vot is very active and while I am not 100% convinced on his alignment, I wouldn't want to kill someone who is trying to be very useful at this stage.

Charle seemed to react well to my pressure I felt I had no follow up.

Sonic and devante operate in a similar place in my mind, both like a long form post and seem to be genuine. A bit too much on the meta discussion flavour side and not much about people.

A bunch of people who seem to be skating on by without saying much who I wouldn't mind lynching; pixar, kingmaker, fusi.

Also just going to list everyone I didn't mention here, because it's amazing how often I make lists like this and the wolves are in the didn't mention pile; traf, ewebasher, loose cannon.
2009-08-12 03:35:31 - Squirrels Hat: MWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!
2009-08-12 03:44:25 - Mr. Squirrel: Do you think my hat will attack me?
Major pmchugh

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:30 am

Pixar give us all a reason not to lynch you. VOTE PIXAR
Major Loose Canon

Postby *Pixar* on Wed Feb 14, 2024 7:57 am

Loose Canon wrote:Pixar give us all a reason not to lynch you. VOTE PIXAR

I am villager, is that good enough? :P

Anyways I am up for no lynch today, although seems like most do not have any sort of power role from what I'm reading, so would not be as crucial as the wolf game.

Vote No Lynch
Major *Pixar*
Chatter
Chatter

Postby swang918 on Wed Feb 14, 2024 10:55 am

Loose, why Pixar?
Major swang918

Postby SoN!c on Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:10 pm

swang918 wrote:Loose, why Pixar?

Loose is looking for two things, perhaps he thinks Pixar holds the book that identified the fline skirl? Or wants to find out? Or Pix is blending in.

Loose Canon wrote:Actually as well as being curious as to which of us felt the sharp stab, I am also curious as to which of us has the book that identified the fline skirl?

I get why he thinks that whoever of us felt the "sharp stab" could be scum or turn into scum.. - the "glowing markers" are linked to the spirits afterall so getting yourself cut on one of them could cause a blood infection or "possession" by an evil spirit... story says the spirits attack "In the form of those we know" so there must be contact first before that can happen. That contact would be the "stab". I don't see any other contact in the story between a spirit thing world and human world.

But I have no idea why he wants to know more about "the book that identified the fline skirl" - i don't even understand the word "fline" - and i was thinking my english was rather good.

Urban dic (uhum, dictionary - sorry no more talking about abot swords) says its the combination of the words fly with fine?

Loose: what is your idea on that book?
Major SoN!c

Postby Loose Canon on Wed Feb 14, 2024 12:53 pm

I voted Pixar simply because pmchugh listed him as one of the players who hadn't said much so I thought I'd try a vote bandwagon on one of them D1 because in other games a vote bandwagon on players not contributing always seems to come up for discussion D2 or D3 anyway.
When I sorted contributions alphabetically I didn't see anything under P so thought Pixar hadn't said anything at all.
Now I feel a bit guilty because Pixar puts a stupid asterisk before his name.
Oh Ok I'll do a quick swerve and say its really because of the stupid asterisk.

To be fair Pixar has responded pretty quickly which is something and has claimed he doesn't really have any special powers to talk of - again which is something.

UNVOTE PIXAR VOTE FUSIBASEBALL

Now I'm voting for Fusi because he has said even less and because Baseball is a stupid game and its even more stupid for it to pretend to have a world series.

Regarding the book (if it has any significance at all - but there is so little to go on) it could be that there is other knowledge/references in it which will come in useful for us as the game and scenario develops.

Again along the lines of whether there are any breadcrumbs in the scenario so far - what about the gleaming light that the watchers saw first of all;
Could be malevolent like the Orb/Eye thing in Lord of the Rings, could be that the signaller and intended receiver of the signal are essentially good guys but we all end up going after them out of paranoia?
Major Loose Canon

Postby Ewebasher on Wed Feb 14, 2024 1:00 pm

SoN!c wrote:But I have no idea why he wants to know more about "the book that identified the fline skirl" - i don't even understand the word "fline" - and i was thinking my english was rather good.

I'm guessing it's a 'flavour' of flying squirrel... and no I don't have the book (assuming the book is critical)
Major Ewebasher

PreviousNext

Return to Mafia Archives