Conquer Club

Flat Rate Training

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Flat Rate Training

Postby tomatillo22 on Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:55 pm

Is there a training academy for flat rate spoil games and the best strategies for winning them? I feel like escalating spoils really depends more on luck of the draw, turn sequence and so on and that flat rate depends more on strategy, which is why i like to play it more.
Sergeant 1st Class tomatillo22

Re: Flat Rate Training

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Oct 02, 2011 12:22 pm

The short answer..No.

Keep in mind that luck plays its part in each type of play. There is a startegy envolved with escalating. Towards the end of these games luck takes a front seat as the winner is one who can cash their cards at the most opportune time.

The SOC teaches one how to prepare for the end game. There IS a method.

No matter what style you play you are at the mercy of the dice.

One of the reasons I like escalting is it removes the need for alliances and game chat politics.

On the other hand I enjoy a good flat rate game as well when I am in the mood to be chatty.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby tomatillo22 on Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:19 am

Great insight, I appreciate the response. I just upgraded to premium so I am now able to branch out and play a lot of different game styles. If there are any other trainings or forums on the different game styles I would be interested. Thanks.
Sergeant 1st Class tomatillo22

Postby macbone on Tue Nov 15, 2011 7:21 am

Tomatillo, have you checked out the Mentoring program? Although I love the SoC, it's not the only place to go on CC for help, and you can probably get your flat rate training with the Mentoring Program.

Here's the link: viewtopic.php?f=58&t=23562
Colonel macbone

Return to SoC Training Grounds