Conquer Club

SoC 1v1 Ladder Reset Tournament - Game of Thrones...

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: SoC 1v1 Ladder Reset Tournament - Game of Thrones...

Postby TimWoodbury on Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:47 pm

im useing the white walker challenge to challenge Mad777 to game Game 16970771 password Ladder
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby russde on Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:01 pm

celliottii wrote:
grt wrote:By taking over the #1 spot, grt has nullified Russde's Cersei Lannister Twist and that challenge is now no longer valid and does not count for the Ladder Rese

Well crap (not you chap)

Alright, then here is my White Walker challenge for torres44cm: Game 16970901, message with link sent.
Russ
Private 1st Class russde

Postby Mad777 on Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:14 pm

TimWoodbury wrote:im useing the white walker challenge to challenge Mad777 to game Game 16970771 password Ladder

i think you can go as high as 5 ranks with this twist, being #15 and me #3 not sure if this is valid :?:
".....Under Phucumol treatment....."
https://youtu.be/zlusWzDY4qw
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby dhallmeyer on Sat Nov 05, 2016 8:55 pm

I challenge Lord Arioch, using the White Walker Twist. Game Game 16971451
Major dhallmeyer
Senior SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:37 am

Mad777 wrote:
TimWoodbury wrote:im useing the white walker challenge to challenge Mad777 to game Game 16970771 password Ladder

i think you can go as high as 5 ranks with this twist, being #15 and me #3 not sure if this is valid :?:

It's not a valid challenge...TIm, you can only challenge someone up to five rungs ahead of you...Please choose another player.

Thanks!
Lieutenant celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby Mad777 on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:40 am

celliottii wrote:
Mad777 wrote:

It's not a valid challenge...TIm, you can only challenge someone up to five rungs ahead of you...Please choose another player.

Thanks!

Thanks for clarifying it...I droped the game so you can invit somebody else.
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby torres44cm on Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:53 am

russde wrote:
celliottii wrote:
grt wrote:By taking over the #1 spot, grt has nullified Russde's Cersei Lannister Twist and that challenge is now no longer valid and does not count for the Ladder Rese

Well crap (not you chap)

Alright, then here is my White Walker challenge for torres44cm: Game 16970901, message with link sent.
Russ

After reading the White Walker Twist again, Do White Walkers challenge other White Walkers, as russde has challenged me, I read White Walkers challenge "aka Knights", so is that correct any of the White Walkers listed here can challenge each other, please clarify

dhallmeyer
russde
torres44cm
Philbro
TimWoodbury
Sergeant 1st Class torres44cm

Postby celliottii on Sun Nov 06, 2016 10:44 am

torres44cm wrote:After reading the White Walker Twist again, Do White Walkers challenge other White Walkers, as russde has challenged me, I read White Walkers challenge "aka Knights", so is that correct any of the White Walkers listed here can challenge each other, please clarify

dhallmeyer
russde
torres44cm
Philbro
TimWoodbury

Yes...White Walkers can challenge anyone who is up to five rungs ahead of them...
Lieutenant celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby TimWoodbury on Sun Nov 06, 2016 11:14 am

okay i see what i did wrong, i looked at the 4.0 chart not the GOT chart my bad. so in that case im gonna challenge dhallmeyer
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby celliottii on Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:49 pm

russde wrote:
celliottii wrote:

Well crap (not you chap)

Russ

Got the White Walker challenge recorded...

dhallmeyer wrote:I challenge Lord Arioch, using the White Walker Twist. Game Game 16971451

TimWoodbury wrote:okay i see what i did wrong, i looked at the 4.0 chart not the GOT chart my bad. so in that case im gonna challenge dhallmeyer

Just an fyi...White Walker games will not affect current Ladder Streaks.
Lieutenant celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:51 am

russde wrote:Cersei Lannister twist activated (wonder twins power...anyone? anyone?)

Celliottii challenged:
Game 16968461, Game 16968463, and Game 16968465

Good luck!

I have won the first two games in this match...There is no change to the Ladder, but the match still needs to be reported.
Lieutenant celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby TimWoodbury on Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:22 pm

and i won my match whitewalker challenge
Cook TimWoodbury

Postby dhallmeyer on Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:23 pm

dhallmeyer wrote:I challenge Lord Arioch, using the White Walker Twist. Game Game 16971451

Aaaaannnnnddd I managed to pull that off. 15-13 was the final troop count.
Major dhallmeyer

Postby celliottii on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:20 am

TimWoodbury wrote:and i won my match whitewalker challenge

Got the White Walker match recorded for you...

dhallmeyer wrote:

Aaaaannnnnddd I managed to pull that off. 15-13 was the final troop count.

and I've got your White Walker match recorded as well...
Lieutenant celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby torres44cm on Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:38 am

I won the match vs russde. russde had challenged me with "White Walker" challenge, so can I also challenge someone now with "White Walker" Twist?

torres44cm wrote:
russde wrote:
celliottii wrote:

Well crap (not you chap)

Russ

After reading the White Walker Twist again, Do White Walkers challenge other White Walkers, as russde has challenged me, I read White Walkers challenge "aka Knights", so is that correct any of the White Walkers listed here can challenge each other, please clarify

dhallmeyer
russde
torres44cm
Philbro
TimWoodbury

Postby celliottii on Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:12 am

torres44cm wrote:I won the match vs russde. russde had challenged me with "White Walker" challenge, so can I also challenge someone now with "White Walker" Twist?

russde wrote:Alright, then here is my White Walker challenge for torres44cm: Game 16970901, message with link sent.
Russ

ok...there are a couple of things happening here that need to be addressed...

1. Yes, you can challenge someone with your White Walker twist since you were/are one of the original White Walkers. But understand, you do not move up any rungs for beating Russde. In this match/twist, you were the Knight (challenged player) and do not gain from defending your spot. If you want to move up, then you need to win your White Walker challenge.

2. I just now checked the game against Russde and see that he probably used a Random map. The White Walker twist says the following:

"White Walkers will be able to challenge one player (aka Knight) up to five rungs above them in ONE game on Classic with the following settings: Automatic, Sequential, Zombie, Adjacent, Fog, Trench, 20 Round Limit."

Since this game wasn't on Classic, I'm going to consult with my Small Council to see if it needs to be replayed or if we'll let it go as is. Please give me 24 to 48 hours to give a decision.
Lieutenant celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:36 pm

One of my Small Council members reminded me that we had a similar occurrence between dhallmeyer and Lord Arioch. We chose to let that game remain...and that's what we're going to do with the Russde v torres44cm White Walker game.
Lieutenant celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby torres44cm on Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:15 am

celliottii wrote:One of my Small Council members reminded me that we had a similar occurrence between dhallmeyer and Lord Arioch. We chose to let that game remain...and that's what we're going to do with the Russde v torres44cm White Walker game.

Thx celliottii, and can you clarify the White Walker Twist pls, according to the guidelines If the White Walker wins, the players trade places on the Ladder.

If the Knight wins, he moves up three places and the White Walker stays where they are at. So if I'm considered the Knight in this challenge, and won the match, don't I move up 3 places. Or am I misunderstanding the move up 3 places part of the rule?

Postby celliottii on Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:13 am

torres44cm wrote:
celliottii wrote:One of my Small Council members reminded me that we had a similar occurrence between dhallmeyer and Lord Arioch. We chose to let that game remain...and that's what we're going to do with the Russde v torres44cm White Walker game.

Thx celliottii, and can you clarify the White Walker Twist pls, according to the guidelines If the White Walker wins, the players trade places on the Ladder.

If the Knight wins, he moves up three places and the White Walker stays where they are at. So if I'm considered the Knight in this challenge, and won the match, don't I move up 3 places. Or am I misunderstanding the move up 3 places part of the rule?

absolutely correct...I just moved you up three spaces as the Knight...you can still use your White Walker Twist...
Lieutenant celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby torres44cm on Sun Nov 13, 2016 6:01 pm

celliottii wrote:
torres44cm wrote:

absolutely correct...I just moved you up three spaces as the Knight...you can still use your White Walker Twist...

Hey celliottii, thanks for clearing that up for me, so I'd like to envoke the White Walker twist vs Tim Woodbury, I'll post my classic game shortly and will pm Tim

Game 16988510

Postby josko.ri on Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:33 am

Are the last round twisters close to the end? I am missing action in the ladder, looking forward for the new ladder to really start.
Major josko.ri

Postby celliottii on Tue Nov 15, 2016 11:34 am

josko.ri wrote:Are the last round twisters close to the end? I am missing action in the ladder, looking forward for the new ladder to really start.

As soon as the War of the Five Kings is finished, then the new Ladder will start. It's really too close to call, but I would say three or four rounds may do it...
Lieutenant celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby grt on Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:15 pm

Congrats to t4mcr53s2 who has just won
Captain grt

Postby Mad777 on Wed Nov 16, 2016 7:11 am

Well done t4.....thx to Silly to open the door for him :lol:

Thanks celliottii for setting this GoT ladder =D>
Lieutenant Mad777

Postby celliottii on Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:13 pm

Ok...

I'm declaring the SoC 1v1 Ladder Reset - Game of Thrones as COMPLETE!!!

Torres44cm and TimWoodbury are still playing their White Walker twist, but that will not affect the Top 5 standing, so I'm letting that carry over to the new ladder.

T4mcr53s2 is the overall winner and will be receiving his three months of premium membership within the next few days.

I'll be updating the new Ladder here soon and will send out a mass PM to everyone to let me know the Google doc link for the SoC 1v1 Ladder 5.0.

Thank you to everyone for playing and bearing with me as I hit a few snafus...

Chuck
Last edited by celliottii on Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

PreviousNext

Return to SoC Training Grounds