Conquer Club

Introduction

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Introduction

Postby JoshuaLamb on Tue Nov 08, 2016 10:29 am

hi I recently joined SoC and I just wanted to give a lil info on myself and what I hope to learn. I am a lifelong fan of original game of Risk so I would say at least 80% of games I have played thus far were on classic map I am looking to explore new maps and learn about the different game types such as terminator and different types of gameplay such as freestyle I think my strategy is one of my strong suits although I noticed in the guide that my go to move 1 seems to be much different so not sure if I am not seeing the err of my ways or if truly my way is better lol recently I have been trying to participate more in team games and try and learn ways of earning Premium as this 4 game minimum doesn't come close to giving me the amount of games that my amount of free time requires I look forward to making new friends here and hopefully becoming a worthy teammate or adversary
Lieutenant JoshuaLamb

Re: Introduction

Postby dhallmeyer on Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:01 am

Welcome aboard. Glad to have you here.
Major dhallmeyer
Senior SoC Training Instructor
Senior SoC Training Instructor

Postby JoshuaLamb on Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:23 am

thank you
Lieutenant JoshuaLamb

Postby Silly Knig-it on Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:39 pm

glad to have you aboard. We teach one game, one style that works, that will then be applicable to many other games.
And yes it does go against what many people learned playing risk. Let us teach it to you and give it a fair test run and then see which you prefer. If we beat you enough times you will come around.
And yes the SoC games will go slow, (# of people, asking you to post before play and wait for a reply, sometimes it will feel like grass grow faster.) If you have a better idea suggest it.
Here, at SoC, you will find a self selected group of people willing to learn from others. Good teammates.
If you want to learn a lot of maps, go premium, and play a lot of tournaments. Yes you will lose a lot in the beginning. But eventually you get the feeel for it.

Above all else, Have Fun

Silly
Sergeant 1st Class Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby JoshuaLamb on Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:01 pm

ty and I look forward to either learning the hard way or setting the new norm however it plays out lol I have an open game slot I have been waiting for an invitation
Lieutenant JoshuaLamb

Postby Silly Knig-it on Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:57 am

http://www.conquerclub.com/player.php?s ... ge=&page=1
find lots of SoC games
Join as many as you wish
Sergeant 1st Class Silly Knig-it
SoC Training Adviser

Postby JoshuaLamb on Thu Nov 10, 2016 4:04 pm

ok thx Silly I been waiting on someone to send me an invite lol I just joined one with my last free game slot
Lieutenant JoshuaLamb

Postby bobbythomson on Sat Dec 03, 2016 6:11 pm

Welcome Joshua. I think what Silly and Dahlmeyer are saying is that the strategy which is taught works on one setting very well - terminator, escalating, unlimited - 6 players. Trust me they are correct on that - but when playing other settings, you have to adapt like a baseball player to the different situation. I was up to as many as 40 games going - too many for me - and have backed off a little bit now. Team play is the best experience for me and the best way to learn new maps if you are playing with experienced players on that map. It is REALLY worth the money if you can afford it to purchase the premium. Good luck to you. Hope to see you in a game or two!! bobbythomson
Sergeant 1st Class bobbythomson

Return to SoC Training Grounds