Conquer Club

2017 SoC 1v1 Ladder Reset Tournament

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: 2017 SoC 1v1 Ladder Reset Tournament

Postby ElricTheGreat on Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:59 pm

josko.ri wrote:I cannot find scoreboard

2017 SoC Ladder Reset Scoreboard and Stats
Stormbringer is thirsty --- Thursting for YOUR Soul!
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby ElricTheGreat on Tue Aug 08, 2017 8:48 pm

Hi everyone,

I have been getting various questions regarding the scoreboard.

I did not create it ... it is a tool that can be used when running a tourney.

It provides more information than we require and more info than I have looked into.

The only detail we need for OUR tourney is the WINS Column. Other items are probably affected because some of the games are using Poly settings etc.

Again .. feel free to look at all the extra information provided by the tool. But the only item that we will be using for placement order is number of games won.

Hope everyone is enjoying their battles and Stormbringer is anticipating our meeting on the battlefield

E.
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby ElricTheGreat on Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:22 am

Week 5 games are ongoing ... how is everyone doing?

Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby MGSteve on Tue Aug 22, 2017 3:48 am

Question. Is the 12 hour fog rule mandatory in ladder games? I've always put my moves in chat when I noticed that I didn't wait the full 12 hours or was told so. Is it okay to ignore the rule in ladder games?
Captain MGSteve

Postby ElricTheGreat on Tue Aug 22, 2017 11:50 pm

MGSteve wrote:Question. Is the 12 hour fog rule mandatory in ladder games? I've always put my moves in chat when I noticed that I didn't wait the full 12 hours or was told so. Is it okay to ignore the rule in ladder games?

celliottii wrote:12 Hour Fog Courtesy rule will be in effect.

Straight out of the rules listed in the main post.
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:32 pm

ElricTheGreat wrote:Week 5 games are ongoing ... how is everyone doing?

well....I've relegated myself to the bar with my game play and the Goat has been pouring me beer and tequila nonstop...
Lieutenant celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby bobbythomson on Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:10 pm

I have a question - is it kosher to have a sitter for games in this reset tournament? It seems a bit odd since it is individual play to figure out where we sit on the ladder - theoretically, I guess, someone could have a much better player sit and save your butt, no?
Sergeant 1st Class bobbythomson

Postby MGSteve on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:04 pm

Not sure about any others but russde has been evacuated due to the hurricane so it's sitters or deadbeat for him. I know the rules state no sitters unless approved in advance but...
Captain MGSteve

Postby bobbythomson on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:44 pm

Yeah, I understand that - but as the recipient of the sitter, especially on a map where I felt in control until then, it is a little dismaying. I only heard about the evacuation after the moves were made.

Postby bobbythomson on Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:46 pm

And after I posted here. Just got the message that the sitter made the move (and saw that the sitter devastated me).

Postby ElricTheGreat on Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:57 am

I am holding off the creation of the next round of games while we try to decide how to proceed with the Flooding events occurring in the Southern USA.

As for the issue with the Sitter.

Under normal circumstances we would like to have it previously arranged before leaving on vacation or for a weekend for example. But when it comes to mother nature stepping in a throwing a wrench into things we need to remember this is a game and give the guy a break.

Again, to try limit the amount of turns that a sitter will need to cover I am putting a hold on sending out new invites.
Captain ElricTheGreat
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Tue Aug 29, 2017 8:47 am

ElricTheGreat wrote:I am holding off the creation of the next round of games while we try to decide how to proceed with the Flooding events occurring in the Southern USA.

As for the issue with the Sitter.

Under normal circumstances we would like to have it previously arranged before leaving on vacation or for a weekend for example. But when it comes to mother nature stepping in a throwing a wrench into things we need to remember this is a game and give the guy a break.

Again, to try limit the amount of turns that a sitter will need to cover I am putting a hold on sending out new invites.

No one can control Mother Nature or when she decides to unleash a hurricane.

While we have allows frowned on sitters in 1v1 matches, we also understand that real life does happen and there are things beyond our control.

As ETG said, he will hold us until further notice on releasing new games for the Ladder Reset. As far as I know, Russde is the only Ladder player affected by Hurricane Harvey. We may proceed with the other matches and have Russde play his matches once he and his family are 100% safe and he can focus on the games. Family always comes first in my book.

I will post more concrete information once ETG, Dhall, and I get a chance to discuss this.

Chuck
Lieutenant celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby bobbythomson on Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:00 am

I understand all that but since Russde is the only one who is affected, that means I am the only one who has had to play a sitter after gaining an advantage against the original player and then seeing the sitter devastate my positions.

Of course life is more important - I wish there were a way that we could have put these games on hold until I was able to finish play against Russde.

How is Russde doing if anyone knows?

Postby celliottii on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:42 am

Here is the final decision regarding Russde and his displacement with Hurricane Harvey.

First off, all information given to us so far says that he is fine, but without internet. We (ETG, Dhall, and I) have not heard back from Russde yet, but we will keep ya'll posted as we hear more.

The Round 4 and Round 5 games involving Russde have been annulled and will be rescheduled for once he returns 100% to CC. We based this on the fact that Harvey made landfall on August 25th and Russde's prior round games had completed before that date. PM will be sent to General Bax and bobbythonmson.

Round 4 and Round 5 games will continue to be played with Russde's existing sitters, but these will not count towards the Ladder Reset standings.

All future Rounds for Russde will be put on hold until Russ returns to CC 100%...and this may be awhile. He has to take care of his family, his home, and other personal items first. We will not hold him accountable for game play when family comes first.

If Russ is unable to get back to CC before the end of the Ladder Reset tournament, then his matches will be annulled and those rounds will not affect the Ladder results.

We ask that you place Russde and his family in your thoughts and prayers as they are dealing with Hurricane Harvey.

Chuck Elliott
celliottii
SoC 1v1 Ladder Admin
Lieutenant celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby bobbythomson on Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:50 pm

Chuck and Eric - Russde and I discussed this - there was only one game we feel needs to be annulled. It is on his settings, the home game. We each won one of the others, so that one will decide the match. Can we do a random, his home settings game to complete our match?

Postby celliottii on Sat Sep 02, 2017 4:47 pm

bobbythomson wrote:Chuck and Eric - Russde and I discussed this - there was only one game we feel needs to be annulled. It is on his settings, the home game. We each won one of the others, so that one will decide the match. Can we do a random, his home settings game to complete our match?

I'm good with it...ETG will make the game once we hear back from Russde that he is 100% back.
Lieutenant celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby bobbythomson on Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:15 am

Very good - thanks for listening and being responsive.

Postby celliottii on Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:15 am

Russde is back 100% and we will get him caught up on his matches...
Lieutenant celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby celliottii on Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:12 am

celliottii wrote:
bobbythomson wrote:Chuck and Eric - Russde and I discussed this - there was only one game we feel needs to be annulled. It is on his settings, the home game. We each won one of the others, so that one will decide the match. Can we do a random, his home settings game to complete our match?

I'm good with it...ETG will make the game once we hear back from Russde that he is 100% back.

bobbythomson wrote:Very good - thanks for listening and being responsive.

Sorry, BT & Russ, but I screwed the pony on this one. ETG just brought up a valid point. We cannot annul just one game in one match (Russde v bobbythomson) because they asked for it and do nothing about annulling the other match (Russde v General Bax).

The Small Council made a ruling to annul ALL Round 4 & Round 5 games for Russde and replay them...not this one or that one. We have to stick to that decision.

I take FULL responsibility for the screw up here, but we need to maintain and follow the decision that was originally made.

Chuck
Lieutenant celliottii
SoC Training Instructor
SoC Training Instructor

Postby bobbythomson on Tue Sep 05, 2017 7:20 pm

I'm fine with this - I don't Russde or me thought about General Bax - just thought we would make things easier and it did seem like the sitter on our games only affected one game.

I'm glad we have those in charge who considering everything - keep up the good work.

Postby ganguscalm on Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:21 pm

I'm doing the best on the ladder then I have in a Long time ... whip me , beat me , make me a lower rank ! ... :shock:
Corporal 1st Class ganguscalm

Postby t4mcr53s2 on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:13 pm

bravo to bobby russde, chock ETG and DHall for the thoughtful and good spirited and considerate way they handled the sitter/storm think ... It's a game ; lets all have fun :-) and you guys are Top drawer
I wish either my father or my mother, or indeed both of them as they were in duty both equally bound to it, had minded what they were about when....

If 2 player fog game,please allow 12 hour snap courtesy, or post what I could have seen.... Thank you
Colonel t4mcr53s2

Postby russde on Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:57 pm

Thanks for the kind words t4...not sure why we are in a drawer, but I'm sure it's a nice drawer :P

I've managed to go 3-0 against General Bax and 2-1 against bobbythomson...but am on track to go 0-3 against Charle. It sounds better if I say I've won 5 out of 9...
Private 1st Class russde

Postby MGSteve on Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:38 am

ganguscalm wrote:I'm doing the best on the ladder then I have in a Long time ... whip me , beat me , make me a lower rank ! ... :shock:

I hear ya, man! I can't believe I'm tied for points with the mighty Josko! :o
Captain MGSteve

Postby torres44cm on Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:51 am

I would like to apologize to all my opponents for me missing so many turns in our matches, Unfortunately due to long travels and hectic work schedule, I couldn't keep up. I guess looking at the positive side, I can only go up from hear. Thanks to those you have given kind words. gl to all
Sergeant 1st Class torres44cm

PreviousNext

Return to SoC Training Grounds