Conquer Club

katyrush - 4171934 Finished +141 points

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: katyrush - 2nd game since joining - 4171934

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sat Feb 14, 2009 10:05 pm

I would have left a few down in Australia. at present it is reds turn. If I were him i would move down and block you out. It will make it more difficult to take out that solo green and 8 tiel.

Just thought i would point this strategy out to you.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby katyrush on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:08 am

Hi, I did leave 5 down in australia, but I'm guessing that cyan hit me a few times as originally he had 10 on his spot there and he's now gone down a bit. They were there to make it more difficult for red to get to green, now he has great access!!!! I did take out a couple of cyan in N America, so he couldn't tkae out green. Can't see why cyan knocked my 4 extra troops out cause all he's done is left himself weaker and made himself an easy target when/if red manages to get green out.
Lieutenant katyrush

Postby katyrush on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:46 am

he he he, just had a look at this game and see red didn't have spoils last time, nor green. Gonna be able to alomst clean up next time if dice go my way. he he he. There was a post in the cooks saying about how great it is when you look at the board and can see how you're in position to sweep round cashing in other peoples spoils as you knock them out. I know how you felt now and it feels greeeeeaaaaaattttt!!! :D
Lieutenant katyrush

Postby BaldAdonis on Sun Feb 15, 2009 12:49 am

katyrush wrote:Hi, I did leave 5 down in australia, but I'm guessing that cyan hit me a few times as originally he had 10 on his spot there and he's now gone down a bit.
If you don't have a set, you won't be able to take out green this round, because of that. Cyan plays before red, so he probably plans to move into Indonesia to block.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby katyrush on Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:01 am

Oh, but I do have a lovely little green set to play!!!! :D
Lieutenant katyrush

Postby katyrush on Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:02 am

Just want yellow to play now - COME ON - getting all excited just waiting!!!!
Lieutenant katyrush

Re: katyrush - 2nd game since joining - 4171934 +24 so far

Postby BaldAdonis on Sun Feb 15, 2009 1:19 am

Have you thought about who you will kill next? Usually when I sweep the board, I line up one person (like you've done to green) and take all of their territories except 1 with a 1 on it. Then I start working on the next player I want to kill with all my leftover armies, so that when I return to my first victim and take his cards, I'll know where I need the armies the most to take out the next guy.

I would go for teal: he's got 3 cards, and all of his territories are next to places you'll have to deploy to anyways. Plus, you can take N4 from green (make sure you deploy enough there to do that) and then just wait on N6 until you're ready to kill him. In the meantime you can beat up teal with whatever is left in Australia and Europe (after taking out the greens of course).
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby katyrush on Sun Feb 15, 2009 4:48 am

That's an excellent piece of advice - thanks. When I did a sweep of my last game, that was where I struggled abit thinking, hmmm, how many of these 25 troops do i deploy where. So doing what you've suggested will help immensley. It seems so obvious now!!!
Lieutenant katyrush

Re: katyrush - 4171934 Finished +141 points

Postby katyrush on Sun Feb 15, 2009 6:39 am

Finished game off - red was a bit iffy at one point - but managed it.
Lieutenant katyrush

Postby Industrial Helix on Sun Feb 15, 2009 7:17 am

Congratulations on the win, Sargent
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby BaldAdonis on Sun Feb 15, 2009 8:47 am

katyrush wrote: When I did a sweep of my last game, that was where I struggled abit thinking, hmmm, how many of these 25 troops do i deploy where.

In this case you had very good odds against green on every front (because you had ~25 there already, and he only had 25 total) but if you get into a tight squeeze and need to KNOW the best places to put each army, use the
Battle Odds Calculator. You put in the number of armies you have to attack with (from a single territory) and then the troops on each territory you want to take over. I like to open one instance for every front, then punch in how many troops I have on the board, and how many I need to kill. Then I check the odds, and increase the numbers I attack with until I like the odds and I've run out of troops.

show: Example

Congrats on the sweep.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby Iron Butterfly on Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:02 pm

BaldAdonis wrote:Have you thought about who you will kill next? Usually when I sweep the board, I line up one person (like you've done to green) and take all of their territories except 1 with a 1 on it. Then I start working on the next player I want to kill with all my leftover armies, so that when I return to my first victim and take his cards, I'll know where I need the armies the most to take out the next guy.

I would go for teal: he's got 3 cards, and all of his territories are next to places you'll have to deploy to anyways. Plus, you can take N4 from green (make sure you deploy enough there to do that) and then just wait on N6 until you're ready to kill him. In the meantime you can beat up teal with whatever is left in Australia and Europe (after taking out the greens of course).

Ditto.

Nice job Sgt.
Captain Iron Butterfly

Postby katyrush on Sun Feb 15, 2009 2:39 pm

Excellent website baldadonis - saves me trying to work it all out on paper and in my head!!! Especially when there's a few different areas to attack.
Lieutenant katyrush

Previous

Return to SoC Training Grounds