Conquer Club

katyrush - 4286590 - FINISHED minus 19 points

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

katyrush - 4286590 - FINISHED minus 19 points

Postby katyrush on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:29 pm

Game Click Here

Settings

Map: Classic
Type: Terminator
Fortifications: Unlimited
Number of Players: 6
Play Order: Sequential

Cards to turn in: none

Comments

I am yellow. 3 to deploy. Looks like a fairly good drop. I think going on the fact of deploying first round in a different area to your reinforcements I should put 3 on o3. fort 2 from e6 to a2 and fort 2 each from n7 and n3 to n4. I think put my troops on O3 as S1 is quite near N.America and I will have a big troop there because of my drop. What do you think??
Last edited by katyrush on Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lieutenant katyrush

Re: katyrush - 4286590

Postby BaldAdonis on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:34 pm

Usually I'd be a bit worried that blue would be going for SA, and I'd leave S1 alone, but I think he prefers Africa, so you're probably safe putting 1 on S1. For a similar reason, I wouldn't put everything on O3. Someone might REALLY want Aus, and then you've lost the troops. Until everyone has played a round and you can see what they're up to, you shouldn't put all your armies in one place. Your fortifications look fine. I would usually want to keep Ukraine (E6) put pink has a lot in Europe, so he'll probably remove some of it's usefulness.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby katyrush on Wed Feb 18, 2009 3:45 pm

Yeah, not knowing how they play is a bit of a concern, so I'll go with your suggestion of splitting my deploy so that I can see what will happen.
Lieutenant katyrush

Postby BaldAdonis on Wed Feb 18, 2009 4:00 pm

It's always better to be cautious, because if no one attacks you, you can deploy there again next round, and if someone does, then you won't lose as many.
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby katyrush on Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:03 pm

Game Click Here

Settings

Map: Classic
Type: Terminator
Fortifications: Unlimited
Number of Players: 6
Play Order: Sequential

Cards to turn in: N2

Comments

I am yellow. 3 to deploy.

Right, not too sure how to play this game as there seem to be a few people trying to take bonuses.
Pink has Europe, Blue has SA and looks like cyan is putting his troops into Aus, where I have 7 troops!

There are no easy cards from any of my spots. Do I just presume my troops in Aus are going to be takem, or do I deploy there to try to put cyan off?

Any replies to Iron Butterfly's post about bonus monkies would be appreciated too as that is refering to this game.

Where I was feeling quite confident with how to play I seem to be now coming up against these bonus monkies in a few games and not too sure what to do. HELP!!!
Lieutenant katyrush

Postby katyrush on Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:22 pm

Played with help from Bruce
Lieutenant katyrush

Return to SoC Training Grounds