Conquer Club

somewhat new but stagnating

The SoC Training Academy and its Training Grounds provide basic training for new and old members looking to enhance their game strategy. "Train a Cook today, lose to a Sergeant tomorrow"

Moderator: Academy Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

somewhat new but stagnating

Postby lippman on Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:47 pm

hey all, I am somewhat new here - i love the game but I have mixed success.
I am starting to really like some boards now (world 2.1, senate, Apocalypse, Seige, Appreleggo, north america) I like freestyle team play, flat rate and chained best (used to like escalating and unlimited), also like fog of war better than non. would love some training. I know I am weak at closing games. I often get to a good place and then i make a wrong step and down i go. My best,
jordan
Cadet lippman

Re: somewhat new but stagnating

Postby wacicha on Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:16 pm

lippman wrote:hey all, I am somewhat new here - i love the game but I have mixed success.
I am starting to really like some boards now (world 2.1, senate, Apocalypse, Seige, Appreleggo, north america) I like freestyle team play, flat rate and chained best (used to like escalating and unlimited), also like fog of war better than non. would love some training. I know I am weak at closing games. I often get to a good place and then i make a wrong step and down i go. My best,
jordan

This particular part of the training grounds is for The Society. At the Society we teach Seq terminator types of games with the 24 hour to take a turn option. Also we do it on The Classic shapes map more than any other.

THe reason we do this this way is .

Lets say it becomes your turn while you are sleeping, Then you wake up 6 hours later and it is your turn you bost what you think you should do then we come along from a different time zone look it over and tell you what we think might be a better turn. You are not on the computer and when you come home your wife does not let you onj the computer right away, By the time you get on you got maybe 6 hours left you look at our suggestion then PLAY how ever you decide. We have used up a lot of time.

Freestyle will not work to teach this way cause the board is always changing. We like classical shapes cause it is easier to type the territory names(we are lazy to)!!
There are more but that is the basics
Major wacicha

Postby lippman on Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:58 pm

wacicha wrote:
lippman wrote:hey all, I am somewhat new here - i love the game but I have mixed success.
jordan

This particular part of the training grounds is for The Society. At the Society we teach Seq terminator types of games with the 24 hour to take a turn option. Also we do it on The Classic shapes map more than any other.

THe reason we do this this way is .

Lets say it becomes your turn while you are sleeping, Then you wake up 6 hours later and it is your turn you bost what you think you should do then we come along from a different time zone look it over and tell you what we think might be a better turn. You are not on the computer and when you come home your wife does not let you onj the computer right away, By the time you get on you got maybe 6 hours left you look at our suggestion then PLAY how ever you decide. We have used up a lot of time.

Freestyle will not work to teach this way cause the board is always changing. We like classical shapes cause it is easier to type the territory names(we are lazy to)!!
There are more but that is the basics

this is fine with me -- i was just describing my preferecnes - i will take any training i can get -- i also dont know what terminator games are so i would like to learn. sign me up
Cadet lippman

Postby wacicha on Mon Mar 02, 2009 3:40 pm

PM Sent
Major wacicha

Return to SoC Training Grounds