Conquer Club

Age of Merchants - [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby t.e.c on Fri Jun 29, 2007 8:41 pm

ok. i didn't realise that they are all connected as a territory..

sorry but i don't like this map. :cry:
Corporal t.e.c

Postby DiM on Sat Jun 30, 2007 5:20 am

t.e.c wrote:sorry but i don't like this map. :cry:

no problem mate. love can't be done by force. if you don't like it it's your choice. at least you gave it a try before deciding you don't like it. i appreciate that.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby OnlyAmbrose on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:04 am

This is definitely my favorite map now. It took awhile to get all the instructions clear, but wow, this is awesome. Great concept, I love it! Keep up the good work :)
"The Nation that makes a great distinction between its scholars and its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards and its fighting done by fools."
Corporal 1st Class OnlyAmbrose

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:30 am

OnlyAmbrose wrote:This is definitely my favorite map now. It took awhile to get all the instructions clear, but wow, this is awesome. Great concept, I love it! Keep up the good work :)

thanks for the kind words mate.
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby civver on Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:49 pm

This map is great! The strategy is to hold ports, markets and factories spread all over the map. You can take over a continet and have a few territories not taken and still get a bonus.
Corporal civver

Postby DiM on Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:33 pm

civver wrote:This map is great! The strategy is to hold ports, markets and factories spread all over the map. You can take over a continet and have a few territories not taken and still get a bonus.

i'm glad you like it mate.

yep the map allows many strategies and bonuses can be held with few terits.

it's not like the classic type map where you have strict terits you must own for you to get a bonus. in this map if somebody takes your market simply go and take another one.

also one of the things i'm really glad i did was the freedom of movement. there are plenty of ways to move around the map and this makes a very open gameplay. there are no bottlenecks and no small or large continents. you can have the crappiest deployment and still have a chance of getting a bonus.
Major DiM

Postby Pain Killer on Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:31 am

=D> excellent map mate! loving it!
Lieutenant Pain Killer

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 10, 2007 4:18 am

Pain Killer wrote:=D> excellent map mate! loving it!

thanks mate. \:D/
Major DiM

Postby fireedud on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:33 am

I really think this is the best map yet, and its amazing you got it done with all that opposition.

P.S. even though its your map, your gonna lose that game.
Cook fireedud

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:41 am

fireedud wrote:I really think this is the best map yet, and its amazing you got it done with all that opposition.

people are reluctant to new and radical changes. it took a lot of talking to convince them. but it was totally worth it.

fireedud wrote:

i hope not :twisted:
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:52 am

DiM wrote:
fireedud wrote:

With your luck . . .
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:57 am

gimil wrote:
DiM wrote:
fireedud wrote:

With your luck . . .

it's a triple game. so hopefully my team mates aren't as unlucky as me :)
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:50 am

you influence tends to rub off onto people

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:54 am

gimil wrote:you influence tends to rub off onto people

shhh. don't tell anybody or i'll never find decent partners :lol:
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:05 am

you'll never find a decent partner becasue you'll turn them into a partner with no luck ever.

9/10 CC insurance salemen dont advise on associating with DiM

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:11 am

gimil wrote:9/10 CC insurance salemen dont advise on associating with DiM

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Tue Jul 10, 2007 10:25 am

The truth is always funny :)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:10 pm

if anybody is interested i have started several 6 player games terminator sequential no cards chained on AoM:

Major DiM

Postby LAU on Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:11 am

I made the exact same post in "bugs/suggestion" perhaps someone can do something about this (not about the game that's already started.. because i know it's too late.. but for future AoM games)

first i wanna say AoM is my favorite map because if armies are placed FAIRLY, there's always oppurtunities for comeback or strategies... however.......

-------------
Take a look at Game 637594, Round 1 and what green has...

Starts off the game with +6 bonus, I realized the matches are extremely random but starting off the game with +6 bonus without doing anything hm... its not necesarily a bug but perhaps something can be done a little more to prevent such an unfair start.

perhaps having at least one of the two resource on each country/island owned by a neutral country from the start.... i rather start a 3 player game with more neutral countries to beat up and less men to deploy compared to having the chance of an extremely unfair start

-LAU
Sergeant 1st Class LAU

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:26 am

LAU wrote:I made the exact same post in "bugs/suggestion" perhaps someone can do something about this (not about the game that's already started.. because i know it's too late.. but for future AoM games)

first i wanna say AoM is my favorite map because if armies are placed FAIRLY, there's always oppurtunities for comeback or strategies... however.......

-------------
Take a look at Game 637594, Round 1 and what green has...

Starts off the game with +6 bonus, I realized the matches are extremely random but starting off the game with +6 bonus without doing anything hm... its not necesarily a bug but perhaps something can be done a little more to prevent such an unfair start.

perhaps having at least one of the two resource on each country/island owned by a neutral country from the start.... i rather start a 3 player game with more neutral countries to beat up and less men to deploy compared to having the chance of an extremely unfair start

-LAU

this is a common problem in all maps there's actually nothing that can be done about it.

lately while browsing games i saw a guy start with africa and south america in a 1vs1 game. and to top that he has the start. so imagine he has 5 extra troops 2 continents put together and the fortifications are set on unlimited. so after his turn ends he'll have at least 10 in each of his borders plus a bonus 3-4 times bigger than the next guy. game over in 2 rounds.

so it's all about luck.

back to AoM map. the pirate cove starts as neutral the rest are up for grabs. let's say i decide to make all the resources neutral. this won't be a solution because people will start complaining that a guy got an entire continent (except for the 2 resources) and by the end of his turn he had a stronghold there.

when i build the AoM idea i wanted to make way for lots of oportunities to get bonuses because i knew the initial deployment is really important especially in 1vs1. so if you have the skill you can actually come back from a bad starting point and turn the game around. a few days ago on AoM 1vs1 the other guy started with 11 bonus. but by taking key terits i managed to break that bonus and actually get in the lead of the game for a while with me having 12 bonus and him just 6. in the end i lost because my dice were crap but a game can be turned because you have so many ways to get a bonus.

edit// i guess the only way to deal with the initial deployment is if the option to select starting terits is introduced. this way there will be an initial round where people select their terits and place troops and then the game starts as normal.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:57 pm

6 games on AoM: standard sequential no cards chained

6 players:

5 players:

4 players:
Major DiM

Postby KEYOGI on Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:22 pm

There's a Callouts forum for this sort of thing DiM.
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 15, 2007 8:42 pm

KEYOGI wrote:There's a Callouts forum for this sort of thing DiM.

yeah i know but if i also post here i know for sure it will be seen by an AoM fan. :P

wanna join? :roll:
Major DiM

Postby KEYOGI on Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:13 pm

DiM wrote:yeah i know but if i also post here i know for sure it will be seen by an AoM fan. :P

Not if I start deleting your posts. :wink:
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby DiM on Sun Jul 15, 2007 10:25 pm

KEYOGI wrote:
DiM wrote:yeah i know but if i also post here i know for sure it will be seen by an AoM fan. :P

Not if I start deleting your posts. :wink:

don't force me to use my keyogi voodoo doll you evil panda :twisted:
Major DiM

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas