Conquer Club

Feudal War [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby gimil on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:25 pm

DiM wrote:you still haven't told me about the layered psd i sent you. is it ok? should i layer the other castles??

I went on a no download lockdown after the virus scare ;)

PS i pm'ed you saying i done it myself ;)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:28 pm

yep you sent me the pm while i was writing here :lol:

so i'm at work now. i'll go home at 7 am sleep for a while and we'll talk more when i wake up and see what needs to be done next.

i've also did some more work on the other project. i'm thinking of enhancing the story a bit. i'll pm you tomorrow with the details.
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby KEYOGI on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:30 pm

This is the sort of BS discussion that keeps bumping this thread. Can you guys keep it to PM. 8)
Sergeant 1st Class KEYOGI

Postby gimil on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:31 pm

PM me the image for a quick look before i hit the sack

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:34 pm

gimil wrote:PM me the image for a quick look before i hit the sack

i'm at work. i don't have the image :wink:
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:35 pm

](*,) forgot about that. lol

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:36 pm

KEYOGI wrote:This is the sort of BS discussion that keeps bumping this thread. Can you guys keep it to PM. 8)

cant make any promises

EDIT: its acctually all related to the psot so what ya gonna do . . . punk :wink:

LOVE YOU

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:37 pm

KEYOGI wrote:This is the sort of BS discussion that keeps bumping this thread. Can you guys keep it to PM. 8)

except for 7-10 posts in the last 2 pages i haven't seen offtopic discussion so you're kinda wrong here mate. :wink:

ok we got the idea that you don't ike the map and won't move it to main. we can live with that and we'll just go on and work on it.

oh, and in case you haven't noticed a few people posted after your initial refuse of movement and said it belongs to the main :wink:

still think this map does not have support? :roll:
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Wed Jul 11, 2007 6:42 pm

DiM you are a total chancer lol

anyway stop spamming ma thread.

until i return tomorrow

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby KEYOGI on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:11 am

The majority of page 17 is off topic and has no place clogging up the thread. Now lets all put our differences of opinion aside and get down to the business of the map itself. Regardless of my opinion on the map, in it's current form it does not meet the requirements to be moved.

Include a working legend with speculative bonuses, tentative border divisions, names, barriers, colors and textures, aesthetic images (I.E. compasses, picture designs, etc), and background image (I.E. ocean or something to discriminate the playing field).

c. the map (or the post) must also include a few basic things for easy reference such as: number of countries currently on the map, the number of continents, descriptions of any unique features or areas, and the title of the map must indicate the page with the latest development of production.

d.the map must have some honest and interested discussion. If no one seems to support your idea or it lacks much appeal, it most likely wonā€™t make it to the next stage.

Once a map has met these early guidelines it will be moved out of ā€˜Heatingā€™ stage into the next and main stage of development into the Foundry.

Take special note of the red highlighted text. Point d. is also debatable, but we'll let that one slide. Now, I urge you guys involved in making the map to take the majority of your discussion to PM or email. A lot of what has been said has no place in a map development thread.

Once those red highlighted points have been addressed, I think we can make some progress. The new look of the map is better, but I agree with DiM and suggest the legend goes on top. :shock:

Postby DiM on Thu Jul 12, 2007 6:58 am

KEYOGI wrote:The majority of page 17 is off topic and has no place clogging up the thread. Now lets all put our differences of opinion aside and get down to the business of the map itself. Regardless of my opinion on the map, in it's current form it does not meet the requirements to be moved.

Include a working legend with speculative bonuses, tentative border divisions, names, barriers, colors and textures, aesthetic images (I.E. compasses, picture designs, etc), and background image (I.E. ocean or something to discriminate the playing field).

c. the map (or the post) must also include a few basic things for easy reference such as: number of countries currently on the map, the number of continents, descriptions of any unique features or areas, and the title of the map must indicate the page with the latest development of production.

d.the map must have some honest and interested discussion. If no one seems to support your idea or it lacks much appeal, it most likely wonā€™t make it to the next stage.

Once a map has met these early guidelines it will be moved out of ā€˜Heatingā€™ stage into the next and main stage of development into the Foundry.

Take special note of the red highlighted text. Point d. is also debatable, but we'll let that one slide. Now, I urge you guys involved in making the map to take the majority of your discussion to PM or email. A lot of what has been said has no place in a map development thread.

Once those red highlighted points have been addressed, I think we can make some progress. The new look of the map is better, but I agree with DiM and suggest the legend goes on top. :shock:

come on mate don't pull the rules on this map. you know the rules are not applied and to say this map is not in the main forum because it has no terit names or because gimil hasn't posted the total number of terits is absurd.

gimil already stated he will number the terits like in siege map so i don't see the problem.

as for the number of terits what's all the fuss??
just count them cause nobody posts them in the first post. let's look at a few maps in main:

alaska: does not have total terit number
scotland: does not have total terit number
montreal revamp: does not have total terit number
iwo jima: does not have total terit number

4 maps that don't have the terit number posted at start. go and move all of them in the ideas forum for not meeting the guidelines.

PS: this map has 90 terits
Major DiM

Postby KEYOGI on Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:34 am

DiM wrote:alaska: does not have total terit number

I didn't move Alaska, I've already stated I'm not the only person responsible for moving maps. There are 6 mods for this forum.

I don't really know what happened with Montreal, I was away at the time and the other two threads are old, started long before the sub-forums.

Don't pull your high and mighty routine on me DiM, I'm sick of it. It's a simple request, now get over it and keep on topic. :roll:

Postby gimil on Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:36 am

91 territoires :roll:

if you look at the legends you'll notice i ran out of names :wink:

KEYOGI wrote:]
I didn't move Alaska, I've already stated I'm not the only person responsible for moving maps. There are 6 mods for this forum.
:

Why should other mods be aloud to move thread when they dont spend time in the foundry? :?

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:44 am

DiM wrote:alaska: does not have total terit number

KEYOGI wrote:I didn't move Alaska, I've already stated I'm not the only person responsible for moving maps. There are 6 mods for this forum.

i only see you and andy as responsible for the foundry. andy is on vacation so it's up to you to regulate things around. if other mods are moving things around without applying the rules then please inform them of the foundry regulations and restore the order.

KEYOGI wrote:I don't really know what happened with Montreal, I was away at the time

montreal was started in the main foundry. it did not even pass through the ideas thread ;)

KEYOGI wrote:and the other two threads are old, started long before the sub-forums.

so was my prison map. it was in the main before the new rules and it got moved to the ideas before the official announcement came. same happened to many older threads. i believe around 15 threads were moved

KEYOGI wrote:Don't pull your high and mighty routine on me DiM, I'm sick of it. It's a simple request, now get over it and keep on topic. :roll:

i did not blame you for moving threads around i just pointed that several maps don't meet the guidelines and still they made it to the main.
i blame you for picking on small details like that. :wink:
and you got your 2 things now. gimil put the terit names in place and the total number in the first post. :roll:

will you find another reason now? :wink:
Major DiM

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:09 am

To be fair Keyogi - I reckon this map should be in the main forum... it's had plenty of development and progress...

DiM does also make a good point about some of the less progressed maps being in the wrong forum...

Just because AK Iceman is from Alaska doesn't mean that he can move the Alaska map into the main forum... what's next - AK FF's it? or Quench?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby gimil on Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:30 am

yeti how about startnig that XML now ;)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jul 12, 2007 8:58 am

gimil wrote:yeti how about startnig that XML now ;)

OK - I'll get it started sometime soon...

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Coleman on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:02 am

I again state that the fact this is still in map ideas is absurd. :x
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby yeti_c on Thu Jul 12, 2007 9:41 am

Coleman wrote:I again state that the fact this is still in map ideas is absurd. :x

Too many people concur with you!!

C.
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Telvannia on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:12 pm

i have not had time to make the instructions yet.

here is a brief outline of how i did it though:

the river
added a darker blue section to the middle of the river then blended the two blue bit together.

working left to right:
The rocks
Added a grey blurry lump to the river, mad the water lighter around it.
added a bit of white on the left side, then used a filter called wind to make it seems to be rushing round the rocks.

The weeds
Made the water lighter around the zone, and used wind on it, then added lots of green dots to the area.

The peir
Added the peer sticking out into the water, added some lighter water and used the wind filter.

The bridge
added a bit of transparent grey in a patchy way, to make a reflection on the left had side.
Added to dots of white on the right hand side where i thought the bridge support would be, then used wind on it.

(you can use a filter called motion blur instead of wind)

hope that helps
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby gimil on Thu Jul 12, 2007 12:18 pm

i have both wind and motion blur ill see what i can come up with.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:18 pm

Well I'm back folks! I know you've all missed me. :)

Down to business, I think we can move this to the main forum. It would be nice to see some more support and input while in the main Foundry though. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby unriggable on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:27 pm

How does it feel to no longer be confined to that forum?
Cook unriggable

Postby Telvannia on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:27 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:Down to business, I think we can move this to the main forum. It would be nice to see some more support and input while in the main Foundry though. :)

well done gimil
Well done andy.

in your face KEYOGI :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby AndyDufresne on Thu Jul 12, 2007 1:35 pm

Not quite in Keyogi's face. ;) We work as a team.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas