Conquer Club

South Africa 1885

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: South Africa 1885 - Updated

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:55 am

I was just playing some games on this map, and for a turn when I wasn't paying that close attention, I thought there was an additional region between Leydenburg and Pretoria---because the mountains near there had a little wisp of a graphic line that I was part of a border, so I wondered how the heck I assaulted over a country to Pretoria.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Re: South Africa 1885 - Updated

Postby MrBenn on Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:58 am

AndyDufresne wrote:I was just playing some games on this map, and for a turn when I wasn't paying that close attention, I thought there was an additional region between Leydenburg and Pretoria---because the mountains near there had a little wisp of a graphic line that I was part of a border, so I wondered how the heck I assaulted over a country to Pretoria.

--Andy

THis looks like a small-map issue, and could be fixed by simply removing that mountain in the middle of Pretoria...
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Re: South Africa 1885

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Jun 29, 2011 10:04 am

I don't think it is much of an issue, it just hung me up for a turn.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Metsfanmax on Mon Oct 17, 2011 11:45 am

Just played this for the first time on a 1v1 and noticed that both players start with 12 territories. Isn't this undesirable? My opponent picked up 4 troops to deploy because he went first, and then I started with 3.
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby Industrial Helix on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:40 pm

Yep sorry its taken me so long to reply on this but its mainly because I have a lame response. And that is: that's just part of the map.

I think Jefjef, either in this thread or 13 colonies, and he made a good point about maps with 12 terrs per player and that was that he enjoys the little challange and it provides a fun little aspect to the map making it enjoyable to play. While everyopne doesn't seem to agree, but I made up my mind that "well, it may not be optimal for 2 players, but some people will enjoy it so therefore no point in adding two territories" and since no one insisted that 2 more be added and there wasn't an uproar when it was in Beta.. it is as it is.

I mean, if the admins insist that a change be made I will do it. I don't know where I'll put them, but I'll figure something out. Really though, one would think it would be relatively easy to adjust the game engine to not alot territories at 12 per player. Thus eliminating this sort of thing for all the maps
Sketchblog [Update 07/25/11]: http://indyhelixsketch.blogspot.com/
Living in Japan [Update 07/17/11]: http://mirrorcountryih.blogspot.com/
Russian Revolution map for ConquerClub [07/20/11]: viewtopic.php?f=241&t=116575
Cook Industrial Helix

Postby Metsfanmax on Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:04 am

Industrial Helix wrote:Yep sorry its taken me so long to reply on this but its mainly because I have a lame response. And that is: that's just part of the map.

I think Jefjef, either in this thread or 13 colonies, and he made a good point about maps with 12 terrs per player and that was that he enjoys the little challange and it provides a fun little aspect to the map making it enjoyable to play. While everyopne doesn't seem to agree, but I made up my mind that "well, it may not be optimal for 2 players, but some people will enjoy it so therefore no point in adding two territories" and since no one insisted that 2 more be added and there wasn't an uproar when it was in Beta.. it is as it is.

I mean, if the admins insist that a change be made I will do it. I don't know where I'll put them, but I'll figure something out. Really though, one would think it would be relatively easy to adjust the game engine to not alot territories at 12 per player. Thus eliminating this sort of thing for all the maps

OK fair enough. I just couldn't believe that it had made it through the Foundry without someone pointing that out, so I figured there was a reason, even if not the most compelling. I'll just avoid playing it on 2 players :)
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby GroningenGN on Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:05 am

Hi,

Leydenburg is spelled wrong and should be Lydenburg. Check Wikipedia/Google Maps or whatever you want. It is also not like it was historically spelled this way or something.
Sergeant GroningenGN

Previous

Return to The Atlas