Conquer Club

Ancient Greece [Done]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Ancient Greece [Done]

Postby WidowMakers on Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:52 pm

lackattack wrote:
Hi lackattack,

I have no idea how to get on "the forum." Perhaps you can pass this on.
The following corrections should be made:

Peloponesos--> Peloponnesos
Kythra----> Kythira or Kythera (either is correct)
Carpethos---> Carpathos

You might also consider giving Asia Minor, its Greek name of "Mikra
Asia."

Take care,

Ekivolos
I just Googled these and the current spelling all come up incorrect. The words that Google suggests are the corrected ones on the right.

CAn someone else check these out and verify the correctness?

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby Waxy on Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:44 am

ccan you light colours a little of the countries, I find gray hard to see , thank you
Cook Waxy

Postby sailorseal on Sat Jan 31, 2009 11:54 am

Waxy wrote:ccan you light colours a little of the countries, I find gray hard to see , thank you

That brings up a point, how to color blind players see bonuses? They can use color codes for their armies but what about board color codes?
Cook sailorseal

Postby the.killing.44 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:03 pm

This is a well-discussed topic, and new maps have steps taken for this (i.e. textures, minimaps). But this map was made in 2006, before the real Foundry system was set up, so I don't think there's much to do here. Is Mr K. even still active here?

Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Gilligan on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:47 pm

He did start a REVAMP of this map a few months ago.

Also - He was here 3 days ago.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Thanasis on Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:31 am

Here are some advises/notes:
Illyria had never been part of Greece. Only a conquest for a little time. :shock:
I think too that the asian part needs further seperation. So here are some extra regions you can add: Ionia, Aiolia, Doreia. Searh for them to find each location.
Virtually the map is very good. =D>
Corporal 1st Class Thanasis

Postby 72o on Thu Feb 25, 2010 5:26 pm

Isn't Aegean spelled like that? <====

It's wrong on the map.
Sergeant 72o

Postby Baby-Bjorn on Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:31 am

I have a n00b question. Does tinos connect to kyklades? i.e. can I attack kyklades from tinos. The map looks like I can but I am unclear. Thanks
Captain Baby-Bjorn

Postby AndyDufresne on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:38 am

Baby-Bjorn wrote:I have a n00b question. Does tinos connect to kyklades? i.e. can I attack kyklades from tinos. The map looks like I can but I am unclear. Thanks

Yes, there is 'border' for kyklades and tinos. The name slightly obscures the connector-line. There is a tool around CC I think that allows you to test out assault connections. It might be in the Tools & Enhancements forum or in the Map Foundry's Tools forum.

You can also go to old past games, and do a ctrl F and type Tinos or something into the search field, and you can search the gamelog and look at the usual actions associated with a region (or any search term).

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby greenoaks on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:35 am

AndyDufresne wrote:
Baby-Bjorn wrote:I have a n00b question. Does tinos connect to kyklades? i.e. can I attack kyklades from tinos. The map looks like I can but I am unclear. Thanks

Yes, there is 'border' for kyklades and tinos. The name slightly obscures the connector-line. There is a tool around CC I think that allows you to test out assault connections. It might be in the Tools & Enhancements forum or in the Map Foundry's Tools forum.

You can also go to old past games, and do a ctrl F and type Tinos or something into the search field, and you can search the gamelog and look at the usual actions associated with a region (or any search term).

--Andy

that advice/info should be in the Help tab
Sergeant greenoaks

Postby ZeekLTK on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:10 pm

This map should be updated slightly. It's not obvious that there is a border between Tinos and Kyklades... Kyklades is an island group with lines drawn to all of it's borders EXCEPT Tinos, which the circle barely touches and doesn't make it obvious that you can attack from one to the other. There should be a line between the two just like there are between Kyklades and all of it's other neighbors.
Lieutenant ZeekLTK

Postby jusplay4fun on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:55 pm

I am new to CC, so my opinion is limited on looking only at a few maps, but.....

I like the color contrast; one can easily discern on continent from the others for the bonus.

Other problems I have seen on many maps is that
1) the lines of attack are unclear and
2) neighboring territories cannot attack one another, for reasons I do not grasp and do not seem valid based on the history of the battle (as I understand that)

I assume that these issues are not apparent and obvious until the game is played. From what I have seen, I like your Ancient Greece Map.
Sergeant 1st Class jusplay4fun

Postby ManBungalow on Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:26 pm

jusplay4fun wrote:I am new to CC, so my opinion is limited on looking only at a few maps, but.....

I like the color contrast; one can easily discern on continent from the others for the bonus.

Other problems I have seen on many maps is that
1) the lines of attack are unclear and
2) neighboring territories cannot attack one another, for reasons I do not grasp and do not seem valid based on the history of the battle (as I understand that)

I assume that these issues are not apparent and obvious until the game is played. From what I have seen, I like your Ancient Greece Map.

Welcome to CC etc.
There are loads of Classic-style maps which are easy to work out. And there are some complex maps with complicated bonuses, features (eg. autodeploys) and assault ranges.

But back to your post...looking at the Ancient Greece map here, which lines of attack are particularly unclear?

Link to map image in question here: http://maps.conquerclub.com/Ancient_Greece.S.jpg

By the way, in certain measure, I agree with your points.

"neighboring territories cannot attack one another"
Any in particular on the Ancient Greece map? It's worth noting for the record that the line of mountains (or whatever) between eg. Thessaly and Makedonia is impassable...and as such those two regions can't directly assault each other.

"do not seem valid based on the history of the battle"
I don't think this map is specifically based on a historical battle....it probably only really uses Ancient Greek names and geography and lets you unfold the battle, such as it is. Also, some maps - Waterloo for example - are based on a battle, but historical allowances must be, uh, allowed to make the gameplay balanced and entertaining.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby jusplay4fun on Wed Aug 14, 2013 4:08 pm

I look forward to learning lots from all of you. Let's have fun, too. Mike JusPlay4Fun

Postby jusplay4fun on Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:01 pm

ok...I played this map several times since my initial posts and my comments do not seem valid now. The lines of attack are reasonably clear and I understand barriers, such as mountains and rivers. I like the map and it seems well done.

Thanks for the feedback. Mike

Postby Mishalex on Sat Jul 26, 2014 5:24 am

OK, hi everyone. I'm actually playing on a 5 or 6 players game, and i'm blue. I can't see anything, too difficult to see ! Is it possible to light a little the troops circle ? When you got blue or green color, you don't see anything !

Game 13160196 One of my best victory

"I noob, you noob, he/she noobs, we noob, you noob, they noob" Mishalex - Game 16115315
Sergeant Mishalex

Postby Gilligan on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:31 am

Mishalex wrote:OK, hi everyone. I'm actually playing on a 5 or 6 players game, and i'm blue. I can't see anything, too difficult to see ! Is it possible to light a little the troops circle ? When you got blue or green color, you don't see anything !

with the panel interface you can lighten the circles a bit
Captain Gilligan

Postby Mishalex on Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:47 am

Great !!! Thanks Gilligan !

Game 13160196 One of my best victory

"I noob, you noob, he/she noobs, we noob, you noob, they noob" Mishalex - Game 16115315
Sergeant Mishalex

Previous

Return to The Atlas