Conquer Club

Kingdom of Denmark [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Kingdom of Denmark [Beta]

Postby chapcrap on Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:44 pm

I agree with natty. It would look better if it was the same as the other water.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby natty dread on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:14 pm

I'm not talking about the water's colour, I mean the dark glow on the edge of the land.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby Flapcake on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:40 pm

natty dread wrote:I'm not talking about the water's colour, I mean the dark glow on the edge of the land.

ahh the shade :) well thats supposed to be that way too (cough cough) :mrgreen:
Private 1st Class Flapcake

Postby natty dread on Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Come on, no it's not...

Postby Flapcake on Sat Mar 17, 2012 5:45 am

natty dread wrote:Come on, no it's not...

Il sort it out ASAP

Postby Flapcake on Sat Mar 17, 2012 11:20 am

Outer glow added to the river edges, (and yes its outer glow and not beveled) sea foam added to, although its limited how much sea foam a creek can contain ;)

Click image to enlarge.

Click image to enlarge.

Postby natty dread on Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:42 pm

I am satisfied

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 3:31 pm

Sent to lackattack!
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Mar 19, 2012 7:04 pm

And updated! :D

Postby Flapcake on Tue Mar 20, 2012 3:41 am

Postby Nola_Lifer on Wed Mar 21, 2012 8:28 pm

Final Stamp this guy! :D Nice map flappy.
Major Nola_Lifer

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:54 pm

Last Call

If anyone has any other comments on tweaking the gameplay/graphics, now is the time to speak up! If there are no other concerns within the next couple of days, this map will be quenched!

thenobodies80

Postby nolefan5311 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:37 pm

Congrats Flapcake...beautiful map.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby macbone on Mon Mar 26, 2012 10:23 pm

It's a great map, Flapcake, a lot of fun to play. Nice job, man!
Colonel macbone

Postby koontz1973 on Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:25 pm

No problems from my end. Quench this map. Good job flaps.
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby mcshanester29 on Tue Mar 27, 2012 12:07 am

Great map, plays very nice
Private mcshanester29

Postby CafeT on Tue Mar 27, 2012 3:56 pm

I like the graphical style of the minimap better than the main one. Should the two be more consistent?

Bonuses in the east look hard to keep (not a bad thing). Haven't played because, you know, four games at a time.
CafeT
High score: 2853/#162, 2013-03-14.
If you don't see any stars, I didn't rate you for that category. It's not a bad rating, it's not a rating.
Try a turn notifier so you will know when you can move.
Major CafeT

Postby Flapcake on Wed Mar 28, 2012 3:42 am

CafeT wrote:I like the graphical style of the minimap better than the main one. Should the two be more consistent?

Bonuses in the east look hard to keep (not a bad thing). Haven't played because, you know, four games at a time.

I do not agree on any of your isues, graphical got all the consistest as it can get, the minimap has been worked out through a process in the foundry where the current design attained an understanding that its the bedst looking and optimal for the amounth of space available.
Bonus in the east pays of by its difficult level.

Postby CafeT on Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:47 am

Flapcake wrote:
CafeT wrote:I like the graphical style of the minimap better than the main one. Should the two be more consistent?

I do not agree on any of your isues, graphical got all the consistest as it can get, the minimap has been worked out through a process in the foundry where the current design attained an understanding that its the bedst looking and optimal for the amounth of space available.
Bonus in the east pays of by its difficult level.

thenobodies80 wrote:Last Call

If anyone has any other comments on tweaking the gameplay/graphics, now is the time to speak up! If there are no other concerns within the next couple of days, this map will be quenched!

thenobodies80

it's fine that you think that the graphics are in the best state possible, but the call on the home page for more comments justifies my comments (they weren't inappropriate at this time despite the foundry process).

they could be a lot more consistent: both use inner glows or both use bevels, both use black text or both use black-outlined white text. not saying that would be better, but u saying they can't be more consistent doesn't agree w/the evidence i just presented. still asking everyone whether they should be more consistent, it might be good the way it is.

i like the map. just being nitpicky with the graphical style, and i could say more but it looks like everyone wants this out the door.
CafeT
If you don't see any stars, I didn't rate you for that category. It's not a bad rating, it's not a rating.
Major CafeT

Postby Flapcake on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:23 pm

CafeT wrote:it looks like everyone wants this out the door.

thats is not what this is about, this map have been in beta for 3 months, I think your consern for what you like to be changed will course so huge changes that your critics would had be more appropriate when the map was in Main foundry.

so yes i feel you are littel late with so major issues, what I would like to see it that you make some comments in the foundry, thats what we realy need, more people who helps out mapmakers in the early progress.

But you comments are heard, and only if the majority of CC agree with you changes can be done.

Postby koontz1973 on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:38 pm

Flap, sorry for being late to this, but can I ask you to have a quick look at your text at the bottom of the small legend [Osterseen + Kattegat are not part of any bonus], to see if you can sharpen it up a tad. Apart from that, great work and lets see this quenched.

CafeT wrote:Bonuses in the east look hard to keep (not a bad thing).

They seem that way but they are being taken. ;)

As for the changes in the style of mini map to the large, I have not noticed the differences till now that they have been mentioned. Not a huge thing to mention now and not really anything worth holding this up. Quench it. :D
Lieutenant koontz1973

Postby CafeT on Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Flapcake wrote:so yes i feel you are littel late with so major issues, what I would like to see it that you make some comments in the foundry, thats what we realy need, more people who helps out mapmakers in the early progress.

sure, i'll go there more often.

Flapcake wrote:But you comments are heard, and only if the majority of CC agree with you changes can be done.

thanks, but ok to ignore them, looks good in its own right and better than a lot of other quenched maps.
CafeT
Major CafeT

Postby natty dread on Wed Mar 28, 2012 2:59 pm

Flapcake wrote:thats what we realy need, more people who helps out mapmakers in the early progress.

Well duh, but try convincing the site admin of that... they pretty much don't give a shit about the foundry at this point, as long as maps keep coming out... But I digress...

I don't think this map needs any serious graphical changes at this point, in fact unless any gameplay flaws show up that haven't been addressed yet I think this can be pushed out the door.

Postby Kabanellas on Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:40 am

Nice work on the map guys! :)

I just have a small remark to do. The autodeploys from the shields might be too much. And not only because of the isolated bonus 'per se', but especially if you combine them with the bonus zones (continents) where they're inserted:

Ost Jylland has 5 borders and gives 5 troops bonus where you can had a +2 bonus from the autodeploy (a/d) well placed on one of its borders. That is +7 for 5 borders. Even more profitable if you take Alborg, which will substitute 1 border for an extra +2 a/d. And that will make +9 troops for 5 borders...

Same for Syd Jylland and Ost Sjaelland.

I'd recommend notching those bonuses down to +1 (reducing shield's neutral starters from 3 to 2 could also be acceptable...eventually)
Major Kabanellas

Postby Flapcake on Fri Mar 30, 2012 3:03 am

Kabanellas wrote:
I just have a small remark to do. The autodeploys from the shields might be too much. And not only because of the isolated bonus 'per se', but especially if you combine them with the bonus zones (continents) where they're inserted:

Ost Jylland has 5 borders and gives 5 troops bonus where you can had a +2 bonus from the autodeploy (a/d) well placed on one of its borders. That is +7 for 5 borders. Even more profitable if you take Alborg, which will substitute 1 border for an extra +2 a/d. And that will make +9 troops for 5 borders...

Same for Syd Jylland and Ost Sjaelland.

I'd recommend notching those bonuses down to +1 (reducing shield's neutral starters from 3 to 2 could also be acceptable...eventually)

Thx for your comment Kabanellas. The reason that we went from +1 to +2 autodeploy on shields was to inspire players to go for the winning condiction, as ther was a lack of it with the +1 version, It have shown that it works very vell. players use the condiction more now. The 3 neutrals was also in effect from the +2 to give it some kind of balance.

I like thise condictions much more than the previous ones.

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas