Conquer Club

D-Day: Omaha Beach! [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: D-Day: Omaha Beach! [Quenched]

Postby porkenbeans on Tue Mar 02, 2010 4:51 pm

Coleman wrote:Because that would be a complete gameplay redesign and would take the map into a direction I don't really agree with. I'd sooner see the map taken off the site.
I have said before, and I will reiterate, I think this map plays fine. Making the parachutes start neutral, will fix the only real problem in GP. ;)
Lieutenant porkenbeans

Postby mibi on Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:40 pm

porkenbeans wrote:
mibi wrote:
porkenbeans wrote:
mibi wrote:I've been bested! The check is in the mail sir.

ROFL

hey porkiebeans, do you have a portfolio somewhere or is CC maps your only thing? Just curious as you portray your self as the Michelangelo of the internet.
If you payed more attention instead of always trying to crack funny, you would already know, that I have only been fiddling around with photoshop for a little over a year. I have never read the manual, only learned by trial and error. To tell the truth, I barely know how to operate a computer.
I am however, an artistic person, and could make something good out of mud and sticks, if asked. lol. ;)

My 2.5 year old is artistic too, you should see what he can do with a poopy diaper. It's cool though, he doesn't have a portfolio either.
Well, well, well, someone is a sore LOOSER. :lol:

I met your challenge, and with minimal effort, took your masterpiece that took you months to do, and turned it from a flat, drab, muddy with no contrast map, into a map that has depth, realistic color tones, contrast, and texture.

You could say that I beat you with one arm tied. :lol:

Now you start talking about "portfolios" and "shitty diapers" :?

Why can't you just accept defeat ?
Do I need to use both hands, and do a serious revamp on this map ?

Or, will the almighty mibi just admit, that he is my junior in the artistic department ?
I concede that I am your junior in the photoshop department. You may even be the most knowledgeable person at CC when it comes to photoshop operation. You seem to possess the knowledge, (if not the willingness) to teach others in this field. It is a shame that you choose instead, to make fun of others, and use this forum as a platform to disperse nasty wisecracks to everyone, that only wish to have a little fun here. This continuing conduct of yours has succeeded in driving away several of CC's best cartographers, and to you it is all just a joke. You have zero consideration of others, your antics are juvenile, and it amazes me that CC allows this to go on. :(

uh... you didn't revamp the map. You basically spent 40 minutes farting all over it in photoshop, then threw on the birthday hat and called yourself a winner.

How can i be your junior in the artistic department? You don't even have anything artistic. Unless i missed something between all your failed map attempts.
Captain mibi

Postby MrBenn on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:11 pm

Come on boys; Don't make me send you to the naughty corner

PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby the.killing.44 on Tue Mar 02, 2010 6:46 pm

porkenbeans wrote:Trust me when I tell you that, you will be lucky to get 2% of the vote if it comes down to it.

I just reread this and chuckled.

viewtopic.php?f=467&t=105024&start=195#p2383068

Lucky to get 3% more like it…
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Coleman on Wed Mar 03, 2010 12:15 am

I love how this derailed into a revamp that would need all the authors' approval to even start. I know originally mibi did all of the art but I would not okay a revamp at this point. Especially one that started in a manner similar to what I am seeing in the topic. The community has ALL the power when someone is trying to place a map onto the website; they have basically none once it gets there unless they can prove the map is broken.

I really like that shift of power. A lot. I have no intention of allowing a graphic revamp of this map ever unless, one, mibi really really forces the issue or two, someone can convince me all the other maps look better (thanks for being so ugly Ancient Greece). Flippantly offering someone $500 on the internet doesn't really count as forcing the issue for me.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby MrBenn on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:53 am

yeti_c wrote:
Coleman wrote:New XML: http://members.cox.net/gyrigo/CC/D-Day_ ... Beach!.xml

Changes

• Changed 21st German Panzers 6 to start with 3 Neutral
  • Changed 916th German Grenadiers 8 to start with 3 Neutral
Reasons

• To correct an undesirable advantage due to territory count given to the first turn player in 2 and 3 player games.
  • To prevent players from starting the game with a -1 or -2 bonus.

Necessity of change brought up by several members of the community, advised by the highly honorable Incandenza, and placed into a revised XML by Coleman with the indirect but valid approval of mibi.

How's about making the "bombard" territories - use the *new* bombard feature?!

C.

I think there was some discussion about this earlier, and was under the impression that the one-way pseudo-bombards would remain as is...
Assuming that's the case, give me a nod and I'll let lack know the update is ready ;-)
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby joriki on Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:20 am

It should say "plane can attack closer parachute" (since there are only two) :-)
General joriki

Previous

Return to The Atlas