Conquer Club

Feudal War [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Telvannia on Tue Jul 03, 2007 4:28 am

gimil wrote:havent had muchtime to do much work but heres what ive updated.

New legends (Still need a few naems)
Added gold mine(not complete)
Added a castle(which looks excellent lol)

i KNOW its only a small update but i thought id give you guys something to look at ;)

you have removed the mercenary camp :shock:

so much for not being able to put the gold mine in mountains :P

i like the legend, as for names:
imperial city
kingdom of ............
wildlands
............. forest

that is about it for now.

are you going to name the villages?
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby hulmey on Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:04 am

This map is looking sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby gimil on Tue Jul 03, 2007 8:52 am

Telvannia wrote:you have removed the mercenary camp :shock:

so much for not being able to put the gold mine in mountains :P

i like the legend, as for names:
imperial city
kingdom of ............
wildlands
............. forest

that is about it for now.

are you going to name the villages?

The merc camp it get redone.
im re-doing the villages as well.
Thanks for the names.
And i will rename the villages at a later date
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:43 am

here are the villages and merc camp. i also changed the bottom right castle. still wasn't very pleased with the last one but i think this is better.

“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Telvannia on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:50 am

i dont like the villages or the camp :P
The castles dont seems to into the map. they stand out too much
(no offense)

i preferred the old villages too
the camp is far too organised, i think it should look like it is a rabble not organised.

Postby The1exile on Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:55 am

Just commenting on the side bit. The text there has typos and some bits that just don't make sense, might want to check that (off the top of my head, "ganeplay" --> gameplay" and under the header, "empires castlesto" makes no sense).
Lieutenant The1exile

Postby DiM on Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:05 am

Telvannia wrote:i dont like the villages or the camp :P
The castles dont seems to into the map. they stand out too much
(no offense)

i preferred the old villages too
the camp is far too organised, i think it should look like it is a rabble not organised.

every bit that i added (castles camp or villages) stands out too much because they are crisp while the background is very blurry.
it's up to gimil to decide if he blurs them or not. here i blurred the image and nothing stands out:

and about the merc camp being too organized. well, it's a merc camp not a drunk camp. they're supposed to be well trained fighters. that's why you need the gold mine to pay them. if they were a bunch of unorganized drunks then i guess there should have been a negative bonus :lol:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Telvannia on Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:13 am

DiM wrote:and about the merc camp being too organized. well, it's a merc camp not a drunk camp. they're supposed to be well trained fighters. that's why you need the gold mine to pay them. if they were a bunch of unorganized drunks then i guess there should have been a negative bonus :lol:

But they are not a full army, i think they should be a few individual group together, i still think they should be more unorganised.

Maybe if you added shadows to the castles so that they would seem to merge onto the map.

I vote that we add some rebel camps to the map, that give negative bonus, but are in important places so you have to take them in order to try and win the game.

Also could there be some more features, like some random farms around the map, and things like that.

Postby gimil on Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:41 am

thatshte plan. teh land scape is no where near complete. as for the castles. he will ahve shadows then i add then. all teh things DiMs done to help me are just ruff drafts i will put everything on and tweek it to fit with the map.

now to be honest teh only village i like the the one that sits right on teh river.

i agree that the merc camp should be more unorganised.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:43 am

Telvannia wrote:
DiM wrote:and about the merc camp being too organized. well, it's a merc camp not a drunk camp. they're supposed to be well trained fighters. that's why you need the gold mine to pay them. if they were a bunch of unorganized drunks then i guess there should have been a negative bonus :lol:

But they are not a full army, i think they should be a few individual group together, i still think they should be more unorganised.

Maybe if you added shadows to the castles so that they would seem to merge onto the map.

I vote that we add some rebel camps to the map, that give negative bonus, but are in important places so you have to take them in order to try and win the game.

Also could there be some more features, like some random farms around the map, and things like that.

they aren't a full army but they are still warriors. organized ones.
anyway about the blending of the various images it's up to gimil to blur add shadow and so on. i just provide him the stuff and he adds it to the map.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:45 am

gimil wrote:thatshte plan. teh land scape is no where near complete. as for the castles. he will ahve shadows then i add then. all teh things DiMs done to help me are just ruff drafts i will put everything on and tweek it to fit with the map.

now to be honest teh only village i like the the one that sits right on teh river.

so the one in the right is ok. then i'll make them like that. i provided 3 different styles to see which one is ok.

i'll post them later.

PS: i'll also tweak the camp.
Major DiM

Postby Telvannia on Wed Jul 04, 2007 11:59 am

DiM wrote:
gimil wrote:thatshte plan. teh land scape is no where near complete. as for the castles. he will ahve shadows then i add then. all teh things DiMs done to help me are just ruff drafts i will put everything on and tweek it to fit with the map.

so the one in the right is ok. then i'll make them like that. i provided 3 different styles to see which one is ok.

i'll post them later.

could you make the village more unorganised, not all straight lines

Postby DiM on Wed Jul 04, 2007 12:11 pm

Telvannia wrote:
DiM wrote:

i'll post them later.

could you make the village more unorganised, not all straight lines

will do. not now cause i'm tired but i'll post tomorrow.
Major DiM

Postby yeti_c on Wed Jul 04, 2007 2:16 pm

Like bottom and right villages the most... top left is a bit naff...

Quite like the Merc camp - but the lines are a bit straight!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby gimil on Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:00 am

I want to get the most color out of my PNG what color settings ect should i use when saving it.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:38 am

here are the new villages. i made the streets wavy instead of straight. also i have redone the merc camp. rearranged the buildings, added more camp fires and made the palisade less straight.
also added various images in the legend.

Major DiM

Postby gimil on Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:47 am

Excellent DiM.

but i need the images on a transparent background ;)

EDIT: youve put shadows on them DiM :roll:
Last edited by gimil on Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:48 am

I havent really done much work on this latesly. got some personal stuff going on.

But ill get back onto it ASAP ;)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:56 am

gimil wrote:Excellent DiM.

but i need the images on a transparent background ;)

EDIT: youve put shadows on them DiM :roll:

i've put shadows to blend them in the background :wink:

here are the images without shadows. i put the 3 villages the merc camp and the bottom right castle.

Major DiM

Postby gimil on Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:59 am

thanxs im goign to restructure the layout of the terrs. to try and accomodate everything.

PS DiM can you research how to get hte best quality out of my PNG? im gonig to go and crack on with this map.

ps im paticullary fond of the merc camp now :)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:16 am

gimil wrote:thanxs im goign to restructure the layout of the terrs. to try and accomodate everything.

PS DiM can you research how to get hte best quality out of my PNG? im gonig to go and crack on with this map.

i'm not sure i understand your problem. if you explain it better i might be able to help.
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:19 am

I dont really know how to explain it lol nevermind :)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:22 am

i think the villages either need to be decreased in scale or the castles increased.
If you look at teh diffirence in path size from the feudral empire castle to teh village paths youll see what i mean.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:46 am

gimil wrote:i think the villages either need to be decreased in scale or the castles increased.
If you look at teh diffirence in path size from the feudral empire castle to teh village paths youll see what i mean.

yes i know. i've been thinking about that and my guess is it's best to slightly increase the castles and at the same time slightly decrease the villages.

i made all of them to fit the current terits perfectly. in order to increase them some borders need to be moved.
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Thu Jul 05, 2007 7:48 am

im gonig to revamp the boarders anyway. i think ill jsut post images with teh landscape before i do the boarders again

Corporal 1st Class gimil

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas