Conquer Club

Dungeon of Draknor - Halls of Testing [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby cairnswk on Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:04 pm

Nice work WM...this is coming along well! :)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby unriggable on Sat Oct 27, 2007 1:16 pm

I think assassin + fog of war on this map will be intense on a spectacular level.
Cook unriggable

Postby militant on Sat Oct 27, 2007 2:54 pm

I like the map without torches, although the map doesnt say its a dungeon to me, it still looks clean, maybe you could add skulls bnes blood and other dungeon like things,
Sergeant 1st Class militant

Postby Coleman on Sat Oct 27, 2007 8:09 pm

Agreed on more dungeon things. I'd like to see this overloaded with aesthetics.
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby mibi on Sat Oct 27, 2007 10:37 pm

i dlike to see the lighting effects exaggerated... more dark corners... and such... just how much light does a torch put out anyways...
Captain mibi

Postby spinwizard on Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:06 am

You could realy go 2 town on the graphics,

culderns,
shelfs,
archery targets ect.,

get that 1px brush out! :D
Private 1st Class spinwizard

Postby WidowMakers on Sun Oct 28, 2007 8:16 am

mibi wrote:i dlike to see the lighting effects exaggerated... more dark corners... and such... just how much light does a torch put out anyways...
I originally had it that way. But the texture really starts to be lost and people are already saying it is hard to tell the different areas apart.

I will increase the darkness and see what everyone thinks.
Plus I could always add colors too. I know you did not want that mibi but that might be a way to have really dark rooms and still tell them apart.

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby mibi on Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:08 am

WidowMakers wrote:
mibi wrote:i dlike to see the lighting effects exaggerated... more dark corners... and such... just how much light does a torch put out anyways...
I originally had it that way. But the texture really starts to be lost and people are already saying it is hard to tell the different areas apart.

Plus I could always add colors too. I know you did not want that mibi but that might be a way to have really dark rooms and still tell them apart.

WM

consider the orderlyness of the map, I find it a bit hard to believe that anyone who has taken at least 3 seconds to look at the map is confused about which area is which. And really tho, is confusion part of a dungeons mystique. But I would rather have a well lit dungeon than a one with colors in it.
Captain mibi

Postby unriggable on Sun Oct 28, 2007 12:09 pm

Stealth should be 2 - five territs, two entrances.
Cook unriggable

Postby yamahafazer on Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:58 pm

mibi wrote:
WidowMakers wrote:

WM

consider the orderlyness of the map, I find it a bit hard to believe that anyone who has taken at least 3 seconds to look at the map is confused about which area is which. And really tho, is confusion part of a dungeons mystique. But I would rather have a well lit dungeon than a one with colors in it.

I have to go with mibi here. One thing I did think when looking at it though is if you did take out some of the lights from some small rooms and made it all a bit darker you could have light shining into the darker rooms (cos theres no lights in them) in streeks through the doors. I think it would look cool!!
Private 1st Class yamahafazer

Postby WidowMakers on Mon Oct 29, 2007 5:52 am

yamahafazer wrote:I have to go with mibi here. One thing I did think when looking at it though is if you did take out some of the lights from some small rooms and made it all a bit darker you could have light shining into the darker rooms (cos theres no lights in them) in streeks through the doors. I think it would look cool!!
I originally thought of the lights through doors idea. BUT all of the doors are shut and locked. If they were open then they would not be 1-way doors.

I will darken the map and try to get a better "dungeon" dark look. Plus add lots of things to the rooms.

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby yamahafazer on Mon Oct 29, 2007 8:18 am

WidowMakers wrote:
yamahafazer wrote:I have to go with mibi here. One thing I did think when looking at it though is if you did take out some of the lights from some small rooms and made it all a bit darker you could have light shining into the darker rooms (cos theres no lights in them) in streeks through the doors. I think it would look cool!!
I originally thought of the lights through doors idea. BUT all of the doors are shut and locked. If they were open then they would not be 1-way doors.

Humm yes that would be a problem.... aaah weeeeell.

Postby WidowMakers on Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:45 pm

Version 8

New Title and Darker rooms.

Still need to add details to the rooms.
Last edited by WidowMakers on Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Major WidowMakers

Postby mibi on Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:59 pm

looks great!
Captain mibi

Postby Unit_2 on Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:54 pm

yeah, looks good. nice job :wink:

the only thing i can this of is maybe add the numbers to the legand I.E Halls V(5). something like that so it is easyer for us " younins' " know what it means and don't have to ask our parents.
Corporal Unit_2

Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.

Postby sparkyball on Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:03 pm

Unit_2 wrote:yeah, looks good. nice job :wink:

the only thing i can this of is maybe add the numbers to the legand I.E Halls V(5). something like that so it is easyer for us " younins' " know what it means and don't have to ask our parents.

If you can't figure out roman numerals I think thats a problem you will have to work out... I think they work better with this map the way they are
Lieutenant sparkyball

Postby militant on Sat Nov 03, 2007 9:00 am

mibi wrote:looks great!

I agree but i dont like the skull at the top next to the title, it looks out of place i suggest you replace it with just a skull rather than a skull on a torch.
Sergeant 1st Class militant

Postby MasterKujacnbsh on Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:24 am

lol, speak for yourself! this "younin" can figure out roman numerals.

It looks much better that way.

In case you really need help (its pretty simple):
Private MasterKujacnbsh

Location: In a land of magical unicorns and rapists who rip your eyes out and then like eat them and stuff....

Postby yamahafazer on Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:31 am

sparkyball wrote:

If you can't figure out roman numerals I think thats a problem you will have to work out... I think they work better with this map the way they are

Definatly.. normal numbers would ruin the look of the map and legond... and anyway all you need to do is go and find a clock with Roman numarals on it... it's not that hard.

Postby yamahafazer on Sat Nov 03, 2007 10:34 am

militant wrote:

I agree but i dont like the skull at the top next to the title, it looks out of place i suggest you replace it with just a skull rather than a skull on a torch.

Definatly very good work. However I think militant is right. If you want a skull up there I think that you should put it on top of a pike or somthing like that. It just dosn't look right how it is right now.

Postby WidowMakers on Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:44 am

yamahafazer wrote:
militant wrote:

Definatly very good work. However I think militant is right. If you want a skull up there I think that you should put it on top of a pike or somthing like that. It just dosn't look right how it is right now.
Well I want a torch to give the lighting effect across the title.

So should I remove the skull from the torch and just have a skull on a pike post or pike next to it between the legend and the torch?

WM

EDIT: I am going to remove the skull completely. I will use it for level 2. Crypts and Catacombs. Lots of dead things down there.

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby yamahafazer on Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:09 am

WidowMakers wrote:
yamahafazer wrote:
militant wrote:

Well I want a torch to give the lighting effect across the title.

So should I remove the skull from the torch and just have a skull on a pike post or pike next to it between the legend and the torch?

WM

EDIT: I am going to remove the skull completely. I will use it for level 2. Crypts and Catacombs. Lots of dead things down there.

WM

Sounds good. Just to answere the Q about where to put it not that there's going to be one on this map now... I Would put it near the torch but behind the title... looking very dark and leaning hard to the left looking like it's against the wall but about to fall over.

Postby Vace Cooper on Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:26 pm

what if the arrows were spears?
Sergeant 1st Class Vace Cooper

Postby AndyDufresne on Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:35 pm

I like the way it's looking, WM!

The new lighting in the dungeon looks superb, and it adds to the overall creepiness. Whenever you start to add some detail to the rooms, I'm sure it'll make it even more realistic.

Looking at this map, brings me back to the days when Jota first started this map, and some of the early hype around it...it's nice to go back that early time. :)

I really look forward to using Fog of War on this map...it just screams out to be used here. :)

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby yamahafazer on Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:04 am

Vace Cooper wrote:what if the arrows were spears?

This idea seems to have a bit of merit. It wouldn't be hard. Just darken the tip and make the what would now be the spears poll a light woody kind of colour.

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas