Conquer Club

Dungeon of Draknor - Halls of Testing [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Unit_2 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:06 pm

i got an idea! how about you make "Astral Circle" able to attack "Oracle" and "Alter" and also let the Alter and Oracle attack back and give the Astral Circle worth a bonus of 1 .
Corporal 1st Class Unit_2

Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Nov 21, 2007 11:08 pm

No bananas for the above idea.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby yamahafazer on Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:35 am

WidowMakers wrote:
yamahafazer wrote:
yamahafazer wrote:Ok here's my thinking...

I was getting myself VERY confused #-o so I made myself a little rule.... All mane rooms that have a large number of doors should be able to get to the continents next to them through no more than one other room. For example "Practice Range" can get into the "Halls" continent though "oracle", only one stepping stone in between. But the "West" and "East" "Corridor"'s do not let this happen. If you want to get from "East Corridor" to "Might" the fastest root is: From "East Corridor" to "Vestibule" to "South Corridor" to "Forge". The same thing is the so when you look at "West Corridor" going to "Faith". The fastest root is: "West Corridor" to "Vestibule" (again) to "Great Hall" and then to "Chapel" or "Altar". I personally think that this might need to be changed. :|

As for bonuses. I think you should do something like what has been done with the "USApocalypse" map. Have things like bests and other stuff that gives you a "-1" army every turn.... and other good stuff like treasure that gives you "+1" or "+2" (varying on how large the room is and how meny enterances it has) armyā€™s per turn.

Anyway... thatā€™s what I think. What does everyone else think??? :?: 8)

I just copyed this as I saw you asking about the arrows again... and to save me having to type it all again :wink:
I appreciate the comments and I have seen what you said. The issue here is that a map like this has never been done. It was suggested that a playtest take place to test teh map. When I do that, I will look at your suggestions and see how they affect gameplay.

As far as treasures go. Those are on the next level. Jota was pretty clear that all he wanted was 1-way borders. And since this is really his map (I am just finishing it) I agreed to only have 1-ways.

WM

Ok that's fine... they were just sugestions anyway 8) ....

As for what people are saying about bombardments... I think there are so meny going through the foundry right now that have bombardments I would rather that this be kept simple and just leave it the way it is...
Private 1st Class yamahafazer

Postby Gnome on Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:40 am

that's why I added " :lol: "
I agree that it should be kept simple, keep up the good work!
Sergeant 1st Class Gnome

Postby WidowMakers on Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:27 am

no bombardments. I am only using 1-way borders. That was the agreement with Jota. I will have other things in teh next two levels. If the name "hall of locked doors" is what is causing issue. We can rename it.

In regards to teh adding of itmes. I will probably not have items in every room. Empty rooms will have old rags or broken pots in the corners but I have no intention of adding specific items to every room.

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby hulmey on Fri Nov 23, 2007 10:09 pm

nice job your doing here WM..Is there anyway you could change the arrows. They dont seem to fit in!!
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby Contron13542 on Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:06 pm

for the hall of locked doors, you should make it so that you cannot attack into it, because all of the doors are locked. but that would mean that whoever held that room could not be killed, so they would be the only one who could possibly win (unless it was an assassin game?) so that idea probably wouldn't work out so well so pretty much forget I said anything.
Private Contron13542

Postby Kaplowitz on Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:09 pm

AndyDufresne wrote:No bananas for the above idea.

--Andy

It doesnt sparkle with the other girls (SP reference).

But that would be too unrealistic and pointless.
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby Contron13542 on Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:16 pm

I dont see any problem with the astral bombardment of the hall of locked doors, thats still a one way attack, and that way, no one gets into that room (and it doesn't really make it that confusing) :D
Private Contron13542

Postby WidowMakers on Mon Nov 26, 2007 5:51 pm

Contron13542 wrote:I dont see any problem with the astral bombardment of the hall of locked doors, thats still a one way attack, and that way, no one gets into that room (and it doesn't really make it that confusing) :D
There are 2 reasons this will not happen.

1) Adding bombardment will just place a neutral in the room and not allow anyone to get the bonus.
2) I am keeping with the wishes of the original cartographer (Jota). ONLY 1-WAY BORDERS.

If this continues to be an issue. We will rename the room.

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby mibi on Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:41 pm

WidowMakers wrote:
Contron13542 wrote:I dont see any problem with the astral bombardment of the hall of locked doors, thats still a one way attack, and that way, no one gets into that room (and it doesn't really make it that confusing) :D
There are 2 reasons this will not happen.

1) Adding bombardment will just place a neutral in the room and not allow anyone to get the bonus.
2) I am keeping with the wishes of the original cartographer (Jota). ONLY 1-WAY BORDERS.

If this continues to be an issue. We will rename the room.

WM

might as well change the room name anyways.
Captain mibi

Postby Mr_Adams on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:41 pm

maybe make iether magic or might a darker color, they are to close in color to easily tell which is which.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby WidowMakers on Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:59 pm

OK everyone. We are changing the name of Hall of Locked Doors

any suggestions? remember it is in the stealth section.

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby edbeard on Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:15 am

Cloakroom

=trying not to laugh face=
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby WidowMakers on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:23 pm

OK everyone. I am trying to find time to get the room items updated bu in th e mean time I need some help.

It was suggested a while back that this map should be play tested to really understand the issues involving 1-way only attacks for a map. I have a group of friends that have agreed to test it (probably over the Christmas holiday).

What I need from everyone else is a list of game settings we should test.
Game Type
Standard/Terminator /Assassin/ Doubles /Triples
Bonus Cards
Escalating/ Flat Rate /No Cards
Fortifications
Chained /Adjacent /Unlimited

We will obviously not be able to play hundreds of games. What combos should we do if we play 5-10 games?

But regardless of what games we play, the current map arrows and bonus will be the starting point. From there we will adjust the arrows per previous suggestions and to allow better movement if we find any bottlenecks.

Thanks in advance.

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby Bad Speler on Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:26 pm

I don't think that game type and bonus cards matter too much, but I think it's important to test each fortification setting for a map with this many one ways.
Highest Score: 2532
Highest Position: 69 (a long time ago)
Sergeant 1st Class Bad Speler

Postby BaldAdonis on Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:34 pm

Cards do matter. An escalating game is a lot different from a flat rate game. In escalating, your objective should be to gain access to territories which are adjacent to a lot of others, and adjacent to cul-de-sacs. With this many one way attacks, there are a lot of different blocks to consider (6/12 Magic rooms and 3/5 Stealth rooms have only one entrance point).
Captain BaldAdonis

Postby WidowMakers on Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:41 pm

So currently we have the suggestions of playing several games of each type of fortification and each card type.
With 1 game per each combo that is 9 games.

If we eliminate the no cards option that is 6 different options

And with 2 games at each option for a total of 12.

Sound good?
Major WidowMakers

Postby yeti_c on Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:56 pm

mibi wrote:the gauntlet needs an elf, wizard, and barbarian.

What about a Valkyrie?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby WidowMakers on Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:56 pm

yeti_c wrote:
mibi wrote:the gauntlet needs an elf, wizard, and barbarian.

What about a Valkyrie?

C.
She is already there. Dead at the south end of the room.
Major WidowMakers

Postby yamahafazer on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:44 am

Not that you can replicat it in test playing but the fog of war thing will add a compleatly new level... as you will not be able to see to the rooms that can attack you... EVER!!!

Postby WidowMakers on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:52 am

yamahafazer wrote:Not that you can replicat it in test playing but the fog of war thing will add a compleatly new level... as you will not be able to see to the rooms that can attack you... EVER!!!
I agree. but it is hard to play fog of war on my kitchen table with everyone sitting around it. :D

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby yeti_c on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:54 am

WidowMakers wrote:
yamahafazer wrote:Not that you can replicat it in test playing but the fog of war thing will add a compleatly new level... as you will not be able to see to the rooms that can attack you... EVER!!!
I agree. but it is hard to play fog of war on my kitchen table with everyone sitting around it. :D

WM

You'd have to have an independant adjudicator - who would have to write everything down for each turn - and only 1 person could be in the room at a time...

Would be nigh on impossible!!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby WidowMakers on Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:55 am

yeti_c wrote:
WidowMakers wrote:

WM

You'd have to have an independant adjudicator - who would have to write everything down for each turn - and only 1 person could be in the room at a time...

C.
And not something we could do quickly to get many games done in 1 afternoon either.

WM
Major WidowMakers

Postby yamahafazer on Fri Nov 30, 2007 2:48 am

WidowMakers wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
WidowMakers wrote:

WM

C.
And not something we could do quickly to get many games done in 1 afternoon either.

WM

Ye sure I know that... I just think it will be interesting when this dose go out if anyone dose play a fog of war game on this map... and that game option is only an option anyway... :)

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas