Conquer Club

Age of Realms: Magic [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:21 pm

yeti_c wrote:
DiM wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
DiM wrote:
yeti_c wrote:That works - BTW - fix Aosa...

C.

fix what at aosa? :shock:

The ice around the Dock looks like it's on the layer below your dock...

C.

well it's not. :shock:

close your eyes rub them hard until you see little lights and then look again :)

Well the ice to the bottom of it looks a bit square too...

C.

square? :?
where is the square? please be a bit more accurate.
the ice is hand drawn so i doubt i made any squares but who knows? still i don't see it :?
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby hulmey on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:21 pm

emmm. Loooks exactly like the map you created beofre but in blue!!!!
[img]http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/9761/41922610151374166770386.jpg[/mg]
Lieutenant hulmey

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:22 pm

hulmey wrote:emmm. Loooks exactly like the map you created beofre but in blue!!!!

you got it!!! and the next one will be red :lol:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby yeti_c on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:26 pm

DiM wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
DiM wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
DiM wrote:

C.

C.

close your eyes rub them hard until you see little lights and then look again :)

C.

the ice is hand drawn so i doubt i made any squares but who knows? still i don't see it :?

Can't manipulate images on this lappie - so you can wait til tom... or follow this...

In Coleman image... from his circle go down and right... the vertical line of ice there is dead straight...

Like I say it looks like your dock layer is above your ice layer and thus cropping the underlying ice...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:30 pm

yeti_c wrote:
DiM wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
DiM wrote:
yeti_c wrote:
DiM wrote:

C.

C.

C.

Can't manipulate images on this lappie - so you can wait til tom... or follow this...

In Coleman image... from his circle go down and right... the vertical line of ice there is dead straight...

Like I say it looks like your dock layer is above your ice layer and thus cropping the underlying ice...

C.

ok i got it, i'll redraw that ice and it will be fixed in next version.
Major DiM

Postby arizona on Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:36 pm

Any thoughts to making the decay turn a single army neutral, rather than stopping the decay? That could make for some interesting gameplay in terms of keeping up "supply lines" for reinforcements...
Lieutenant arizona

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 4:38 pm

arizona wrote:Any thoughts to making the decay turn a single army neutral, rather than stopping the decay? That could make for some interesting gameplay in terms of keeping up "supply lines" for reinforcements...

not possible with the current xml :?

the decay will stop at 1 army.
Major DiM

Postby Telvannia on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:41 pm

Telvannia wrote:
DiM wrote:
Telvannia wrote:Maybe make only a few ports connect to the sanctuary but have them away from the castles to slow things down.

there are just a few ports connected to the sanctuary because of the ice caps.

But the thing is the ports that connect to the sanctuary are all up north, and near only a few of the castles, so maybe add a different route to the sanctuary. Maybe find a territory far away from the all the castles and make it a one way route to the island? And have the sanctuary port iced in.

DiM wrote:
Telvannia wrote:Maybe add berry to something as a pair, to show the lack of food

berry. can be done. but what would be it's pair? berry jam factory? :lol:

Maybe make it unpaired, but a smaller bonus

Just though i would repost this.

I want to know what you think on a few of the ideas in there.
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby DiM on Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:51 pm

Telvannia wrote:
DiM wrote:
Telvannia wrote:Maybe make only a few ports connect to the sanctuary but have them away from the castles to slow things down.

But the thing is the ports that connect to the sanctuary are all up north, and near only a few of the castles, so maybe add a different route to the sanctuary. Maybe find a territory far away from the all the castles and make it a one way route to the island? And have the sanctuary port iced in.

i've added the different route for the sanctuary. look at the latest update. the ice cap bridge has been extended.

Telvannia wrote:
DiM wrote:
Telvannia wrote:Maybe add berry to something as a pair, to show the lack of food

i don't know. it would unbalance the game because a castle would have a normal pair and another might have a simple resource. plus it means more space is needed in the legend and i don't have that space.
Major DiM

Postby Herakilla on Tue Dec 04, 2007 8:28 pm

theres also a line at rhit
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby Herakilla on Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:40 pm

i personally like how there are more than twice as many continents as territories!
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby Coleman on Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:11 pm

Herakilla wrote:i personally like how there are more than twice as many continents as territories!
We obviously don't define continents the same way.

Maybe we do... How many continents are coded in?
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Aerial Attack on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:24 am

Nice updates so far.

1) Voight - port on the South side no longer necessary as ice bridge handles that.

2) Iron Mine and Gold Mine connection - yes, that would be good. Although, I think it would in some sense require you making the mountain tunnel a terr with a decay rate for being underground.

3) Berries and Jam Factory is a good idea. Or you could have it be a Berries and Baskets [to collect the berries].

4) Instead of Corn - it's COLD, people need Fur Coats. Too bad you already have log camp and timber mill [keep], otherwise I'd suggest woods. Maybe "Animal Reserve?"

5) Trying to think of a suitable replacement for shields based on time period and state of land. Maybe a pair of snow shoes? Would look kind of like 2 tennis racquets touching.

Code: Select all
 _   _
[ ] [ ]     the boxes are actually oblong ovals that have cross stitching
 \   /          (hey, my example looks like a really bad valentine heart)
  \ /

OR a sled?

_____
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
 \---/

OR an igloo?
Last edited by Aerial Attack on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:27 am, edited 6 times in total.
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby Telvannia on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:25 am

DiM wrote:
Telvannia wrote:
DiM wrote:

i've added the different route for the sanctuary. look at the latest update. the ice cap bridge has been extended.

Im not a big fan, it basically means you can get to the sanctuary with in the first few goes. Whereas i think it should be made so that you have to focus more on getting villages and expanding in order to get to the island.

DiM wrote:
Telvannia wrote:
DiM wrote:

i don't know. it would unbalance the game because a castle would have a normal pair and another might have a simple resource. plus it means more space is needed in the legend and i don't have that space.

How about a pair of berry bushes as the pair?
then it would show how bad berry bushes are :D
Sergeant 1st Class Telvannia

Postby edbeard on Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:31 am

Does all the ice on the map serve as a bridge connection?

I think you mean G'th to connect to Rongar (and the other three territories that touch that ice), but do you also mean G'th to connect to T'ro directly, and Rigor to connect with Nyn etc...?

If you do, then that means a lot of unnecessary connections. If you don't then I think you need a way to distinguish between these different types of ice (or maybe just more cracks/divides to minimize these connections that occur on the ice.
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:42 am

Herakilla wrote:theres also a line at rhit

that's not a line, those are 2 small pieces of floating ice. there are in many places.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:44 am

Coleman wrote:
Herakilla wrote:i personally like how there are more than twice as many continents as territories!
We obviously don't define continents the same way.

Maybe we do... How many continents are coded in?

there aren't any "normal" continents, but there are 198 sources of troops :lol:
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:53 am

Aerial Attack wrote:Nice updates so far.

1) Voight - port on the South side no longer necessary as ice bridge handles that.

actually it is needed. because it serves the fygie castle and it allows it to move to aoria or borun faster. if i remove that dock then fygie would go through a lot of trouble to get to aoria.

Aerial Attack wrote:2) Iron Mine and Gold Mine connection - yes, that would be good. Although, I think it would in some sense require you making the mountain tunnel a terr with a decay rate for being underground.

i'm really considering the tunnel but i haven't added it for 2 reasons:
1. it's not very realistic for an iron mine and gold mine to have connected shafts. but this can be ignored.
2. it would mean borun and ghyr are only separated by a few terits. and this means the neutrals on that path must be made really big to avoid the xi-fygie incident in chapter 1. if those are made really big then borun and ghyr will never go for their resources as it would be too hard.

Aerial Attack wrote:3) Berries and Jam Factory is a good idea. Or you could have it be a Berries and Baskets [to collect the berries].

berries and baskets. could work.

Aerial Attack wrote:4) Instead of Corn - it's COLD, people need Fur Coats. Too bad you already have log camp and timber mill [keep], otherwise I'd suggest woods. Maybe "Animal Reserve?"

hunting grounds and fur coats. i like.

Aerial Attack wrote:) Trying to think of a suitable replacement for shields based on time period and state of land. Maybe a pair of snow shoes? Would look kind of like 2 tennis racquets touching.

_   _
[ ] [ ]     the boxes are actually oblong ovals that have cross stitching
 \   /          (hey, my example looks like a really bad valentine heart)
  \ /

OR a sled?

_____
[ | | ]
[ | | ]
 \---/

OR an igloo?

i like the snow walking things. i'll see if i can make something like that.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:56 am

Telvannia wrote:
DiM wrote:
Telvannia wrote:
DiM wrote:

Im not a big fan, it basically means you can get to the sanctuary with in the first few goes. Whereas i think it should be made so that you have to focus more on getting villages and expanding in order to get to the island.

yes you can go to the sanctuary in a few moves but why would you? the sanctuary has a lot of troops on it (probably 100) and the terits near it have frostbite. so the best solution is to expand and gather forces and then go for the sanctuary.

Telvannia wrote:
DiM wrote:
Telvannia wrote:
DiM wrote:

How about a pair of berry bushes as the pair?
then it would show how bad berry bushes are :D

:lol: berries are indeed crappy. but i'll go with aerial's suggestion and make berries and baskets.
Major DiM

Postby yeti_c on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:57 am

DiM wrote:
Aerial Attack wrote:2) Iron Mine and Gold Mine connection - yes, that would be good. Although, I think it would in some sense require you making the mountain tunnel a terr with a decay rate for being underground.

i'm really considering the tunnel but i haven't added it for 2 reasons:
1. it's not very realistic for an iron mine and gold mine to have connected shafts. but this can be ignored.
2. it would mean borun and ghyr are only separated by a few terits. and this means the neutrals on that path must be made really big to avoid the xi-fygie incident in chapter 1. if those are made really big then borun and ghyr will never go for their resources as it would be too hard.

I don't think it's necessary anymore with the ice bridges...

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:59 am

edbeard wrote:Does all the ice on the map serve as a bridge connection?

I think you mean G'th to connect to Rongar (and the other three territories that touch that ice), but do you also mean G'th to connect to T'ro directly, and Rigor to connect with Nyn etc...?

If you do, then that means a lot of unnecessary connections. If you don't then I think you need a way to distinguish between these different types of ice (or maybe just more cracks/divides to minimize these connections that occur on the ice.

only the long ice bridge serves as a connection the others are just coastal ice too thin to travel on. i'm thinking of making it more clear that it connects. BUT i have 2 problems.

1. i can add some tracks and sled marks on it to represent the path. it would look good but i don't know if people would get it.
2. i can make arrows so people would understand but it would look bad :(
Major DiM

Postby lord voldemort on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:04 am

make it loke good....maybe even in the ice cross section have a territory...like baseb camp or something, though it doesnt heaps fit in the trilogy. then people might realise u can go there...sled marks and the like will be helpful...arrows will make it too...not age of realms feel
Lieutenant lord voldemort

Postby arizona on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:15 am

DiM wrote:
arizona wrote:Any thoughts to making the decay turn a single army neutral, rather than stopping the decay?...

That's too bad. I can't imagine it will make that much difference in game play as it is. People tend to leave those regions with just one army anyway.

Also converting to neutral would extend the snow analogy. You cut through the drifts (large neutrals), but you're tracks are filled in by gently falling snow..
Lieutenant arizona

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:17 am

lord voldemort wrote:make it loke good....maybe even in the ice cross section have a territory...like baseb camp or something, though it doesnt heaps fit in the trilogy. then people might realise u can go there...sled marks and the like will be helpful...arrows will make it too...not age of realms feel

another terit there. hmmm could be interesting. i'll think about it.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Wed Dec 05, 2007 8:18 am

arizona wrote:
DiM wrote:
arizona wrote:Any thoughts to making the decay turn a single army neutral, rather than stopping the decay?...

That's too bad. I can't imagine it will make that much difference in game play as it is. People tend to leave those regions with just one army anyway.

Also converting to neutral would extend the snow analogy. You cut through the drifts (large neutrals), but you're tracks are filled in by gently falling snow..

yep indeed it would be really interesting if the decay worked like that. perhaps yeti_c can figure out something to make it work. perhaps with another xml update from lack. i don't really know.
Major DiM

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas