Conquer Club

Europa [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Europa [Quenched]

Postby natty dread on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:19 pm

thinner borders
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby MrBenn on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:22 pm

natty dread wrote:thinner borders

Yeah, that' would be a given ;-)

Redrawn borders... but should I keep a similarish feel?
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby natty dread on Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:34 pm

Well I think you should just figure out what you want to do and then figure out how to make it happen...

The current look of the map works ok, but if you're going to redo the graphics anyway there's no point in constraining your design to the current style. There's also lots of elements on the current map that look blurry (borders, mountains, the ocean texture to mention a few), and an overall sharper style would probably serve the map better, especially considering there's several very small territories.
Sergeant 1st Class natty dread

Postby MrBenn on Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:00 pm

Well, I've spent the last two evenings playing around, and have to say I'm happy with the direction it's going. However, while I think the map would benefit from the improvements I'm playing around with, I'm beginning to think I'll keep any amendments to myself and refrain from posting them publicly.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby chapcrap on Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:48 pm

MrBenn wrote:I'm beginning to think I'll keep any amendments to myself and refrain from posting them publicly.

I was just about to ask to see what you had.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Dukasaur on Tue Jul 24, 2012 12:28 am

MrBenn wrote:Well, I've spent the last two evenings playing around, and have to say I'm happy with the direction it's going. However, while I think the map would benefit from the improvements I'm playing around with, I'm beginning to think I'll keep any amendments to myself and refrain from posting them publicly.

By far the most urgent change is to fix the error in the bonus structure. Currently the legend says that you get +4 for holding the "transcontinental" bonus (russia+turkey) and another +1 if you also hold kaliningrad. But in actual fact it doesn't pay out the +4 unless you have kaliningrad also, so the extra +1 is really meaningless. It's just a +5 bonus for the whole enchilada.

Either the bonus structure should be changed or the legend should be changed.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby MrBenn on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:03 pm

Dukasaur wrote:
MrBenn wrote:Well, I've spent the last two evenings playing around, and have to say I'm happy with the direction it's going. However, while I think the map would benefit from the improvements I'm playing around with, I'm beginning to think I'll keep any amendments to myself and refrain from posting them publicly.

By far the most urgent change is to fix the error in the bonus structure. Currently the legend says that you get +4 for holding the "transcontinental" bonus (russia+turkey) and another +1 if you also hold kaliningrad. But in actual fact it doesn't pay out the +4 unless you have kaliningrad also, so the extra +1 is really meaningless. It's just a +5 bonus for the whole enchilada.

No - that's you misreading it.

You get +1 for uniting the Motherland (Kaliningrad is actually part of Russia).

The Transcontinental region is all the brown areas, and holding the lot gives you the +4; the two bonuses combine for a total of +5.

I've got a great idea.... Why don't we add a note to the map highlighting this fact:
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Dukasaur on Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:51 am

MrBenn wrote:
Dukasaur wrote:

No - that's you misreading it.

You get +1 for uniting the Motherland (Kaliningrad is actually part of Russia).

The Transcontinental region is all the brown areas, and holding the lot gives you the +4; the two bonuses combine for a total of +5.

Ah, ok. I did know that Kaliningrad was politically part of Russia, but I assumed the brown bonus was not originally intended to include it (because it's Prussian land and not part of traditional or historical Russia).

I've got a great idea.... Why don't we add a note to the map highlighting this fact:

Image link didn't work first time I saw it, but now it seems to work. And yes, good idea.
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby SirLindsley on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:14 am

I was unable to attack from San Marino to France or Slovenia. First time I used the map. IsnKt this a legal attack? Game# 11775906
Major SirLindsley

Postby nolefan5311 on Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:21 am

SirLindsley wrote:I was unable to attack from San Marino to France or Slovenia. First time I used the map. IsnKt this a legal attack? Game# 11775906

No, San Marino is "trapped" by Italy. Italy is the only region that can attack or be attacked by San Marino.
Captain nolefan5311

Postby KMAN_101 on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:59 pm

I think this map has a glitch!?
Why can't you attack smr from vat, on this map? "Europa (New Europe)"

Current game mode played:
Game Type
Standard
Initial Troops
Automatic
Play Order
Sequential
Spoils
No Spoils
Reinforcements
Unlimited
Special Gameplay
Fog
Round Limit
None
Round Length
24 Hours
Private KMAN_101

Postby Gilligan on Wed Nov 07, 2012 4:12 pm

KMAN_101 wrote:I think this map has a glitch!?
Why can't you attack smr from vat, on this map? "Europa (New Europe)"

Current game mode played:
Game Type
Standard
Initial Troops
Automatic
Play Order
Sequential
Spoils
No Spoils
Reinforcements
Unlimited
Special Gameplay
Fog
Round Limit
None
Round Length
24 Hours

SMR and VAT are completely encompasses by Italy.
Captain Gilligan

Postby jameboy on Sun Aug 16, 2020 12:19 am

Hi guys, I’m confused how do you attach SMR (SAN Marino) I cant find how to attack it. Please help.
Corporal jameboy

Postby iancanton on Sun Aug 16, 2020 5:23 am

only italy can assault san marino.

ian.:)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Previous

Return to The Atlas