Conquer Club

CC City Mogul [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby DiM on Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:22 pm

gimil wrote:You may wish to insert the neutrals to get some better gameplay feedback :)

i planned inserting neutrals when terits are in final place but since nobody is complaining about how i put them i guess they're ok. i'll put neutrals tomorrow because right now i'm busy playing some flash games :lol:

btw this one is great: http://armorgames.com/play/505/sonny
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:52 pm

DiM wrote:i'll put neutrals tomorrow because right now i'm busy playing some flash games :lol:

btw this one is great: http://armorgames.com/play/505/sonny

kids :roll:
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:14 pm

btw your game sucks DiM

but im hooked :lol:

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:39 pm

it doesn't suck. it's great. i just finished it. what a tough final fight.

now i'm watching the simpsons. :lol:
“In the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.”- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:48 pm

DiM wrote:it doesn't suck. it's great. i just finished it. what a tough final fight.

man your life must suck, do nothing constructive all day:)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:52 pm

gimil wrote:
DiM wrote:it doesn't suck. it's great. i just finished it. what a tough final fight.

man your life must suck, do nothing constructive all day:)

nothing constructive? :evil:
i already told you i've done a lot of things around the house. and tomorrow a lot more are waiting for my skilled hands and powertools :lol:

so i'm going to sleep.

i'd better get some decent feedback before i login tomorrow :x
Major DiM

Postby Kaplowitz on Wed Jan 16, 2008 5:57 pm

DiM, can you make some maps tht resemble that flash game? :lol:

oh yea.. yours is cool too :P
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby Herakilla on Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:32 pm

DiM wrote:
Herakilla wrote:from my experiences with age of realms i must say i am very adverse to having subways within 1 conquer (one territory in between) away from houses and shops

i like open maps with lots of movement options and no australia type continents.

i find that because of how much closer players are to each other than they are to being able to take sanctuary that no1 really goes for sanctuary

and with close proximity of houses to subways, you allow easy attacks toward another player
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby DiM on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:16 am

Herakilla wrote:
DiM wrote:
Herakilla wrote:from my experiences with age of realms i must say i am very adverse to having subways within 1 conquer (one territory in between) away from houses and shops

i like open maps with lots of movement options and no australia type continents.

i find that because of how much closer players are to each other than they are to being able to take sanctuary that no1 really goes for sanctuary

and with close proximity of houses to subways, you allow easy attacks toward another player

i don't want all games to end with the objective completed. that's just an option. and trust me sometimes it's easier to get the sanctuary than to kill all the opponents, especially if it's fog. plus i'm planning to make the objectives on this map have a lower count of neutrals and thus become more attractive as targets.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:57 am

new gameplay

the following terits will start as neutral:
mall - 15
manor - 15
arsonist - 5
subways - 3
shops - 3

the rest of the terits will be divided equally among the players. so each should get 1 home plus a few non important terits (those that don't have an icon)

this way i make sure nobody gets a lucky start and has more bonuses than the others (like on a normal map) and i also make sure there's enough balance and that a guy can't be eliminated early.
Major DiM

Postby DiM on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:01 pm

this foundry is sooooo dead.

i'll start the graphics.
Major DiM

Postby Coleman on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:09 pm

DiM wrote:this foundry is sooooo dead.

i'll start the graphics.
With the exception of you, gimil, and me I don't know who else is here almost non stop... lol
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby cena-rules on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:11 pm

Im here a lot but dont feel important
19:41:22 ‹jakewilliams› I was a pedo
Lieutenant cena-rules

Postby Kaplowitz on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:11 pm

I posted once in this thread (now twice :P )

Postby Masli on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:24 pm

Coleman wrote:

i'll start the graphics.
With the exception of you, gimil, and me I don't know who else is here almost non stop... lol

i was just talking today with gimil about the foundry. i miss the old guys. i wanted to return to the foundry and start posting again but unfortunately i'm not attracted by the foundry in it's current state. wherever i turn my head i see dead topics, vacationed maps, stupid ideas repeated 100 times. people with no skills, no decent feedbacks, no discussions. nothing. i honestly don't blame new people for not wanting to come here. the foundry officially sucks. :(

edit// this is DiM. forgot to log off my multi, errr account i'm sitting :lol:
Last edited by Masli on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colonel Masli

Postby gimil on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:27 pm

Masli wrote:
Coleman wrote:

i'll start the graphics.

i was just talking today with gimil about the foundry. i miss the old guys. i wanted to return to the foundry and start posting again but unfortunately i'm not attracted by the foundry in it's current state. wherever i turn my head i see dead topics, vacationed maps, stupid ideas repeated 100 times. people with no skills, no decent feedbacks, no discussions. nothing. i honestly don't blame new people for not wanting to come here. the foundry officially sucks. :(

HMM

DiM are you account sitting for masli?

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby DiM on Thu Jan 17, 2008 5:57 pm

account sitting, yeah that sounds plausible. yes i'm sitting masli's account 8-[
Major DiM

Postby edbeard on Thu Jan 17, 2008 7:02 pm

well I think you've thought this out really well. There's nothing much I can say to be honest. Nothing jumps out at me that says, "oh this won't work." or "this needs to change a bit."

for maps like this, play-testing would be very helpful, but we don't have that so oh well.

what's going to happen in the mall? Is it just one territory with lots of cool graphics in it?
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby Kaplowitz on Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:07 pm

Masli wrote:
Coleman wrote:

i'll start the graphics.

i was just talking today with gimil about the foundry. i miss the old guys. i wanted to return to the foundry and start posting again but unfortunately i'm not attracted by the foundry in it's current state. wherever i turn my head i see dead topics me, vacationed maps me, stupid ideas repeated 100 times me. people with no skills me, no decent feedbacks me , no discussionsme!!!. nothing. i honestly don't blame new people for not wanting to come here. the foundry officially sucks. :

sorry everbody... :cry:

Postby DiM on Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:16 pm

i deleted all my work on the map and decided to start from scratch.
i've given up on flat top-down view and i'm going to attempt something really funky. :D
Major DiM

Postby Coleman on Thu Jan 17, 2008 8:20 pm

DiM wrote:i deleted all my work on the map and decided to start from scratch.
i've given up on flat top-down view and i'm going to attempt something really funky. :D
Looking forward to it.

Also, we have been debating some structural revamps to hide or eliminate a lot of the dead topics, but there is very much two sides to that issue...
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby DiM on Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:07 pm

Coleman wrote:
DiM wrote:i deleted all my work on the map and decided to start from scratch.
Looking forward to it.

Also, we have been debating some structural revamps to hide or eliminate a lot of the dead topics, but there is very much two sides to that issue...

i was looking towards it myself. isometric view sounded pretty well. so made the grid diagonal and started drawing. made the nice little roads left spaces for buildings and then i realized the map won't fit :( i was getting a map that was 1100*700, and i can't make the little diamond shaped squares smaller because then the army numbers won't fit and basically i'm screwed :(
now i gotta go back to the top down view :(

i wasted an hour doing crap :(
Major DiM

Postby gimil on Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:13 pm

DiM wrote:i wasted an hour doing crap :(

housework?

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Herakilla on Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:25 am

gimil wrote:

housework?

*initiate anti spam program*

[quote="gimil"] /quote]
Come join us in Live Chat!
Lieutenant Herakilla

Postby DiM on Fri Jan 18, 2008 7:18 am

gimil wrote:

housework?

no i wasted an hour doing isometric graphics only to realise they won't fit on the map now i have to go back to top down graphics after i deleted all the work i did on top down graphics :(
Major DiM

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas