Conquer Club

CC City Mogul [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: CC City Mogul [Quenched]

Postby Tanagon on Thu Nov 06, 2008 10:38 pm

Gilligan wrote:
Tanagon wrote:Do the amount of armies given by spoils increase as well?

Only in escalating.

No what I mean is, lets say it was escalating, instead of the cards giving 4, 8, 12, 15, 20, 25 etc would it give 20, 30, 40, 50, 75, 100 etc. since a single troop means much less on this map? The four troop cashin is virtually worthless and you mostly invalidate the effectiveness of cards. Fair enough sometimes cards can be luck for example if you get two pair but it is a fantastic system in that as soon as you get to 5 cards you are guaranteed a cash-in and most wait to five cards anyway. So I think, if possible, the number gained from spoil cash ins (sorry I've been alternating between cards and spoils) should increase.
Major Tanagon

Postby BENJIKAT IS DEAD on Fri Nov 07, 2008 12:28 pm

Tanagon wrote:
Gilligan wrote:
Tanagon wrote:Do the amount of armies given by spoils increase as well?

Only in escalating.

No what I mean is, lets say it was escalating, instead of the cards giving 4, 8, 12, 15, 20, 25 etc would it give 20, 30, 40, 50, 75, 100 etc. since a single troop means much less on this map? The four troop cashin is virtually worthless and you mostly invalidate the effectiveness of cards. Fair enough sometimes cards can be luck for example if you get two pair but it is a fantastic system in that as soon as you get to 5 cards you are guaranteed a cash-in and most wait to five cards anyway. So I think, if possible, the number gained from spoil cash ins (sorry I've been alternating between cards and spoils) should increase.

That would be a game engine issue, as opposed to a map issue.

However, the fact that spoils are largely irrelevant is one of the nicest things about DiM's design on this one.
Colonel BENJIKAT IS DEAD

Postby yeti_c on Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:11 am

8 player Assassin on this map is over as quick as doodle earth.

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Natewolfman on Thu Dec 18, 2008 1:16 pm

yeti_c wrote:8 player Assassin on this map is over as quick as doodle earth.

C.

agreed, and yet it is less random then doodle, i play doodle assassin i have a pretty equil 1/8 chance of winning, but in city... well look at my rank :lol: ive won alot of the games on that map lol

City Mogel continues to be my favorite map on CC - 1v1 gameplay, assassin gameplay, team gameplay... I just need to figure out how to play 8-way esc games effectivly now and im set :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class Natewolfman

Postby Blitzaholic on Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:53 pm

DiM or any other who could revamp needs to fix this map, flaws all over the place.

Whoever goes 1st has monster advantage, especially 1 vs 1

and freestylers who can move faster with tools ABUSE it

now fix it or take it away until fixed :twisted:

this will help stop forms of abuse
General Blitzaholic

Postby Rakio on Wed Jul 15, 2009 4:05 pm

I love this map.
Very interesting game play with the subways and the bonus system.
Pretty much eliminates the luck factor for spoils while it still an be a slight bonus :)
Cadet Rakio

Postby danfrank on Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:49 am

Blitzaholic wrote:DiM or any other who could revamp needs to fix this map, flaws all over the place.

Whoever goes 1st has monster advantage, especially 1 vs 1

and freestylers who can move faster with tools ABUSE it

now fix it or take it away until fixed :twisted:

this will help stop forms of abuse

i agree 100
percent...
Corporal 1st Class danfrank

Postby Forza AZ on Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:49 pm

I just notice that 1 subway only starts with 20 neutral (Y1), while all others start with 30.
Is that supposed to be that way?
Highest score: 3130 (9 July 2009)
Colonel Forza AZ

Postby the.killing.44 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:14 pm

Forza AZ wrote:I just notice that 1 subway only starts with 20 neutral (Y1), while all others start with 30.

Yes.
Captain the.killing.44

Location: now tell me what got two gums and knows how to spit rhymes

Postby Gilligan on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:38 pm

the.killing.44 wrote:
Forza AZ wrote:I just notice that 1 subway only starts with 20 neutral (Y1), while all others start with 30.

Yes.

How do you know, you weren't here when this map was! ;)
Captain Gilligan

Postby Jeil on Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:26 pm

badlouie wrote:It only takes one time going for the objective to realize how it works.

Mano went for the objective, didn't get it. Asked a question, got an answer.

Problem solved. It's a problem that will only happen to you ONCE.

No need to mark up a nice map.

Problem with this is that it kinda limits what you can do with a map. After all, it might be the intent of the map maker to have a victory condition be just taking over some territory. First person to do so wins.

Sorry, didn't know what quenched meant. If it meant no more postings then my bad...
Sergeant Jeil

Postby Tviorr on Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:25 pm

I think it means the game maker(s) go to have a well deserved drink on a finished map.- You can actually see on the map where they spilled som Irish Coffee ;-)

(a few issues turned up later, but has been cleared up in as far as the game engine allows it. - I believe there is still one thing that were intended differently with the starting deployment, but it should work as intended for 8 player games.)

Edit: Wait that says 2010 above... Please ignore me :roll:
Major Tviorr

Postby SirSebstar on Sun May 22, 2011 9:08 am

Game 9107525 shows that some shops give +20 autodeploy (namely those were players can start) and some give + 20 reinforcements (this you cannot start on).
Is there any way to make this better in the legend and or visuals?

Suggestions is making another image for the +20 reinforcements shops vs +20 autodeploys shops.
or making the +20 autodeploy shops all into houses so you at least know they are autodeploy area's.

first has preferance.
second has the problem of the arsenist. Nobody uses it much, but it cannot hit houses.. suggestion would then be to split up the area's that can be hit from the arsonist, OR allow it to bomb houses too...
Major SirSebstar

Location: SirSebstar is BACK. Highscore: Colonel Score: 2919 21/03/2011

Postby Mr_Adams on Sun May 22, 2011 9:45 am

SirSebstar wrote:Game 9107525 shows that some shops give +20 autodeploy (namely those were players can start) and some give + 20 reinforcements (this you cannot start on).

If the shop matches the block it is on, it is auto-deploy. If it is a different color, it gives reinforcements. good map.
Captain Mr_Adams

Postby SirSebstar on Mon May 23, 2011 4:13 am

Mr_Adams wrote:
SirSebstar wrote:Game 9107525 shows that some shops give +20 autodeploy (namely those were players can start) and some give + 20 reinforcements (this you cannot start on).

If the shop matches the block it is on, it is auto-deploy. If it is a different color, it gives reinforcements. good map.

and this is mentioned in the legend where?
Major SirSebstar

Postby dagdam0r on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:43 am

in my first game on this map I noticed that all the S territories start with 30 neutral besides Y1 which starts with 20 neutral, is this a wanted thing or just a mistake?
Private dagdam0r

Postby SirSebstar on Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:50 am

dagdam0r wrote:in my first game on this map I noticed that all the S territories start with 30 neutral besides Y1 which starts with 20 neutral, is this a wanted thing or just a mistake?

it is wanted, but I too consider it a mistake
Major SirSebstar

Postby Gilligan on Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:29 pm

I just realized that with the new collection bonus, we can actually have the map give 0 deploy.
Captain Gilligan

Postby ManBungalow on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:36 pm

Gilligan wrote:I just realized that with the new collection bonus, we can actually have the map give 0 deploy.

As in 0 troops for _ regions?
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby Gilligan on Mon Jul 08, 2013 6:37 pm

ManBungalow wrote:
Gilligan wrote:I just realized that with the new collection bonus, we can actually have the map give 0 deploy.

As in 0 troops for _ regions?

Yep
Captain Gilligan

Postby ztodd on Mon Apr 21, 2014 10:07 pm

It's not too clear in the original post whether we get bonuses for other houses besides our "own house". I didn't think the xml file allowed you to specify different things depending on where your starting territories are. Does it?

edit: The xml file seems to not be available for me to look at...
Sergeant 1st Class ztodd

Postby Donelladan on Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:50 am

Every house receive a +20 auto deploy. Yours only means once you have it :)
Colonel Donelladan

Postby musicalmaven on Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:47 pm

i am having a problem with game # 14625505. i have managed to deploy my men on O 9 and i have gotten O 9 to appear as my attacking territory, but the computer refuses to recognize my desire to attack from O 9 and only shows the territory next to O 3 as the territory i can attack.
i am having the same problem on a brazil map and i have reported the problem on that map site.
in both cases i was having a problem with a communications connection and it took a number of tries before i could even get into the games and there was a third game with the same communication problem, but i was not able to get into that game due to the communication connection problem
Lieutenant musicalmaven

Postby ManBungalow on Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:00 pm

musicalmaven wrote:i am having a problem with game # 14625505. i have managed to deploy my men on O 9 and i have gotten O 9 to appear as my attacking territory, but the computer refuses to recognize my desire to attack from O 9 and only shows the territory next to O 3 as the territory i can attack.
i am having the same problem on a brazil map and i have reported the problem on that map site.
in both cases i was having a problem with a communications connection and it took a number of tries before i could even get into the games and there was a third game with the same communication problem, but i was not able to get into that game due to the communication connection problem

Are you using the greasemonkey clickable maps script/add-on? Any other relevant add-ons?

Does the region in question appear in the drop-down menu, or are you just highlighting it using clickable maps?

Are you using panel interface?

Is there a massive number of troops involved?

etc.
Colonel ManBungalow

Postby musicalmaven on Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:10 pm

i do have clickable maps. i have tried to both clicking on the territory in question (goias) and using the drop-down menu. the clickable map would not register. the change of attacking territory was managed from the drop-down menu, but the corresponding territories for possible attack did not change.
i am not sure about the panel interface. i try to keep it simple. i do not think i have a panel interface.
and no, there are not a massive number of troops involved. i deployed only 17.
Lieutenant musicalmaven

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas