Conquer Club

Imperium Romanum [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby oaktown on Tue Feb 19, 2008 10:00 pm

Actually, I'm going to start revoking Ideas stamps unless I see the basic required info in the first post - number of territories, bonuses, special play features, etc.

I have to have a chat with that Coleman character. :roll:
Captain oaktown

Re: IMPERIUM ROMANUM(R. E.) ((Ver-6 pg-1&9))

Postby yeti_c on Wed Feb 20, 2008 6:56 am

qwert wrote:Territories 58

*cough*

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Qwert on Wed Feb 20, 2008 10:13 am

oaktown Posted: 20 Feb 2008 03:00 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually, I'm going to start revoking Ideas stamps unless I see the basic required info in the first post - number of territories, bonuses, special play features, etc.

I have to have a chat with that Coleman character.

Everything what you want to know is in first page.
Numbers of terittories,bonuses(you can see on map),Special play features(i think none). :wink:
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Joop on Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:20 pm

How does this Rome thing work?
Who can attack Rome?
Private Joop

Postby Qwert on Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:59 pm

Joop Posted: 20 Feb 2008 20:20 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How does this Rome thing work?
Who can attack Rome?

If you just look map carefuly,you will see everything clear.
First you look Rome,then praetorian III,then Praetorian II,then praetorian I and Finaly Italy(what is logic).You see nothing complicate,but first you must carefuly look map
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby oaktown on Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:56 pm

LOL - my bad, I missed the territory count below all of the old map versions!

And my apologies to Coleman, but I think he took the comment above in the spirit in which it was intended. :D
Captain oaktown

Postby Qwert on Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:32 pm

oaktown Posted: 21 Feb 2008 01:56 Post subject:

LOL - my bad, I missed the territory count below all of the old map versions!

And my apologies to Coleman, but I think he took the comment above in the spirit in which it was intended.

Good,now i hope that you go in Ardennes Offensive,and help to finish Issue with Attack lines,who i realy dont want to escalating in Poll Vote Decision.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sat Feb 23, 2008 7:19 am

Oaktown you are gameplay Mod,can you give me yours view of Gameplay of these map.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby gimil on Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:45 am

qwert wrote:Oaktown you are gameplay Mod,can you give me yours view of Gameplay of these map.

Qwerts please be patient oaktown will get to you as soon as he can :)
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby oaktown on Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:29 pm

gimil wrote:Qwerts please be patient oaktown will get to you as soon as he can :)

It's all good - I deserved a little lip after my earlier comment. :wink:

First question - this is the small map I'm looking at on page one, yes? Because my understanding is that the small map should be 600 pixels unless permission has been secured from Andy for something larger, but this is more Gimil's department so I'll let him handle this. And maybe this has already been discussed in the thread, most of which I haven't read.

I love the fact that you're making a Roman Empire map - this has been long needed. But some things are confusing to me:
ā€¢ Towns. The town bonus is something I didn't see right away, because it doesn't its buried at the bottom of the map and doesn't stand out like the other legend elements. And is it +2 for holding all towns, or for each town? And I think you should put some kind of dot next to the LO. or AR. to indicate the location of the city, as you have with Roma.
ā€¢ There needs to be some way to indicate on the main map that there are cut-away maps. Somebody will play this and wonder why they keep losing Narbonensis. And I assume Italia can hit the three small terits, but it isn't indicated on the cut-away.
ā€¢ Roma: what territories can be hit by Italia, all or just Praet I? If it's just the one terit, perhaps you shoudl wall the city. And again, make Roma more prominant on the main map, so people get the sense that it is a special case.
ā€¢ Where are the Cohors Praetoria on the map? Only in Rome? If so, that gives you a total of +5 for holding all of Roma, which seems a bit high - obvious advantage to whomever starts there.
Captain oaktown

Postby gimil on Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:34 pm

Yes qwerts your image size is 630px wide, you have to gain permission from any of the catores to have that extra 30px. I would most likely be happy to give you it but i want to see a draft at 600px wide before I make that decision :)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby jakejake on Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:00 pm

love this map...love all of your maps qwert!! :lol: ...love you qwert :oops:

lol only joking, i do love your maps though!
like my crappy banner? :lol:
Private 1st Class jakejake

Postby Qwert on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:06 pm

gimil Posted: 23 Feb 2008 18:34 Post subject:

Yes qwerts your image size is 630px wide, you have to gain permission from any of the catores to have that extra 30px. I would most likely be happy to give you it but i want to see a draft at 600px wide before I make that decision

Its look that you forget that i have problems to put names in map to be readabile,and if you demanding that i short map for 30Px,then you create problems,you are also map maker and you not need to see map with 600px to understand that names is in minimum size,and with size of 600px these names will become more smaler and some terittories will be also smaller,and problems with map will be drastic.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:17 pm

It's all good - I deserved a little lip after my earlier comment.

First question - this is the small map I'm looking at on page one, yes? Because my understanding is that the small map should be 600 pixels unless permission has been secured from Andy for something larger, but this is more Gimil's department so I'll let him handle this. And maybe this has already been discussed in the thread, most of which I haven't read.

I love the fact that you're making a Roman Empire map - this has been long needed. But some things are confusing to me:
ā€¢ Towns. The town bonus is something I didn't see right away, because it doesn't its buried at the bottom of the map and doesn't stand out like the other legend elements. And is it +2 for holding all towns, or for each town? And I think you should put some kind of dot next to the LO. or AR. to indicate the location of the city, as you have with Roma.
ā€¢ There needs to be some way to indicate on the main map that there are cut-away maps. Somebody will play this and wonder why they keep losing Narbonensis. And I assume Italia can hit the three small terits, but it isn't indicated on the cut-away.
ā€¢ Roma: what territories can be hit by Italia, all or just Praet I? If it's just the one terit, perhaps you shoudl wall the city. And again, make Roma more prominant on the main map, so people get the sense that it is a special case.
ā€¢ Where are the Cohors Praetoria on the map? Only in Rome? If so, that gives you a total of +5 for holding all of Roma, which seems a bit high - obvious advantage to whomever starts there.

These is hepend when people dont follow work on map.
You are mod right,and Coleman is also Mod,and if he dont understand map he will not alove me to move in next stage right?
These map is very clear,and like you see in these Box you can attack from italia only praetorian I.
Where are Cohors Praetoria? I dont understand?Aim very clear show all these extra features,Cohors praetoria have is emblem,legions aslo have is emblem,and navy have its emblem,and if someon can not find these,then i will be very :shock: .

Now we going to these Roma bonus,like i write far before(people who follow knows Gameplay options)and i will try to explane to you ,because you dont follow very carefyl work on these map,and these is very bad for me,because slowing proces in these map.
----------------------------------------------------------------
option 1.all terittories is neutral,and only cities is start terittories.
option 2.Ships,Legions,Roma and praetorian is neutral terittories and rest is starting terittories.

Town Bonus
i dont have much space in map,and i put only "town Bonus",if i put Towns Bonuses,then people will know that these is for all towns,also 2 means two army for one town,and if i put +2 then these not mean nothing because you get only 2 not more then these.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby gimil on Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:53 pm

qwert wrote:
gimil Posted: 23 Feb 2008 18:34 Post subject:

Yes qwerts your image size is 630px wide, you have to gain permission from any of the catores to have that extra 30px. I would most likely be happy to give you it but i want to see a draft at 600px wide before I make that decision

Its look that you forget that i have problems to put names in map to be readabile,and if you demanding that i short map for 30Px,then you create problems,you are also map maker and you not need to see map with 600px to understand that names is in minimum size,and with size of 600px these names will become more smaler and some terittories will be also smaller,and problems with map will be drastic.

I know of the issues qwerts . . . .

I am requesting an image at 600px so i can see the issue for myself before I make the decision. The rules clearly state that you must request permission before your are allowed to use the extra 30px, jsut taking then doesnt happen around here.

So once you present an image that is 600px and i can see how cramped everything is then ill give permission :)

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Qwert on Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:06 pm

Ok,but i dont know for these request.
I will give you these image,but these is only slowing proces nothing else.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sat Feb 23, 2008 5:18 pm

here 600px

and here is 630px

I hope that people dont change point of view,and to tell me that now can see clear names in 600px better then in 630px :wink:
Note: army shadows in 630px is original,and army shadows in 600px must be same like in 630px,but in that case i will be more longer job to put army shadows in 600px and names will must replace,and must be more smaller then now.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:07 pm

Where are you gimil :?:
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby edbeard on Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:27 pm

I can read the names fine in the 600px version. There's almost no difference to me
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby Qwert on Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:31 pm

Note: army shadows in 630px is original,and army shadows in 600px must be same like in 630px,but in that case i will be more longer job to put army shadows in 600px and names will must replace,and must be more smaller then now.

You forget to read these,because space for original army shadows is in 600px map is more smaler and names must be more small then now.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby edbeard on Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:32 pm

well it looks like there's plenty of space to increase the army circles without adjusting the size of the territory labels
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby Qwert on Sun Feb 24, 2008 6:52 pm

I only can give you small example:look Dalmatia-Moesia-Macedonia terittories,these Army numbers must be same like in 630px map.
Or Germania Sup-Germania Inf and Belgica,
But if Gimil order that i must squize all in 600px,ok but then aim protected from any complains about tiny terittory names,and if some people who can not see good names like you(i have these complains in begining and these been in map with 630px) i will refuse all these complains ok.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby edbeard on Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:02 pm

I don't think the extra space is needed. There's just the need to move some of the circles around. Things look like they'll squeeze in fine. I don't see any problems with the examples you gave.

I think you might be going a bit far on some of your statements there. If people can't read it well, then maybe explore different fonts that are more readable at that size. I don't think being 'forced' to use 600 px like almost every other map gives you the right to say, "I was forced to use this size so I can now refuse complaints about readability."
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby gimil on Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:23 pm

Ok I agree with edbeard and the extra space really isnt needed. Seem that there is enogut space to accomodate terr names and army circles. For the time being I'm not going to allow you the extra space qwerts, sorry.

Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Qwert on Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:30 pm

gimil Posted: 25 Feb 2008 00:23 Post subject:

Ok I agree with edbeard and the extra space really isnt needed. Seem that there is enogut space to accomodate terr names and army circles. For the time being I'm not going to allow you the extra space qwerts, sorry.

Its these yours final decision? I need to know to put these yours final decision in page 1 first post,to all people know. I spend so many time to fit all in map and i dont want to you change your decision again.
As concerne of font -these is Book Antiqua Latin,and its perfect for Roman Empire map and these i will not change because give autentical fill on these map.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas