Conquer Club

Imperium Romanum [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:57 pm

Yes peperonibread,i mean these.
Ok i will create something diferent,but similar to some paper backgrund,thanks Pep.

Guiscard
As a comment on the map in general (and something you failed to grasp to a degree in my attempt at a Rome map), I'm fairly sure we're gonna run into major problems fitting all the territories you currently have in in a readable and playable manner. At the moment the names are unreadable, and when army numbers are added some will disappear entirely. I think you're going to have to consider merging some and perhaps zooming the map in a little.

Well names can be biger but can not stay all in terittory,so he will definitly go in neutral terittory little.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:59 pm

i will delete last images,and tomorow present new.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:35 am

new update
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Grooveman2007 on Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:45 pm

qwert wrote:new update

Much better!
Private 1st Class Grooveman2007

Postby Kaplowitz on Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:51 pm

graphics look nice

You still need to explain the map better.
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby Qwert on Wed Feb 06, 2008 6:08 pm

well i thinking that these map can be like Feudal War map,no continent bonuses,because these is one country,and to have bonuses for terittory,and for holding Army or Navy units.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Kaplowitz on Wed Feb 06, 2008 7:41 pm

I like that! its an interesting idea!
Private 1st Class Kaplowitz

Postby fireedud on Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:08 pm

qwert wrote:well i thinking that these map can be like Feudal War map,no continent bonuses,because these is one country,and to have bonuses for terittory,and for holding Army or Navy units.

OK, but you still have to explain it on the map. Also, the easier your map is to understand, the more comments it will get.
me have no sig
Cook fireedud

Postby Qwert on Thu Feb 07, 2008 9:26 am

fireedud Posted: 07 Feb 2008 02:08 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

qwert wrote:
well i thinking that these map can be like Feudal War map,no continent bonuses,because these is one country,and to have bonuses for terittory,and for holding Army or Navy units.

OK, but you still have to explain it on the map. Also, the easier your map is to understand, the more comments it will get.

Thats why you guys here to help me with English choice of word for these gameplay option,
Also i still work with bonus box. :wink:
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Thu Feb 07, 2008 3:23 pm

new update
I think that now all names is good for read.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:31 pm

Now i will ask from my self to see new Update :shock:
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:33 pm

Ok,new update,i think that almost 90% is finish,and only stay Bonus box.
Do any have some opinion abouth these map?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby DiM on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:43 pm

shouldn't you have a legend? how can we comment if we don't know the bonuses?
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Qwert on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:48 pm

its look that you not read previous page,ok i will repeat:
Kaplowitz Posted: 06 Feb 2008 22:51 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

graphics look nice

You still need to explain the map better.

qwert Posted: 06 Feb 2008 23:08 Post subject:

Kaplowitz Posted: 07 Feb 2008 00:41 Post subject:

I like that! its an interesting idea!

Thats why you guys here to help me with English choice of word for these gameplay option,
Also i still work with bonus box.

So these mean that you can help,or everybody can help with bonus box.
And what you not understand on these map?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby edbeard on Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:02 pm

I've read everything but I don't really understand much of anything

you said it'll be like feudal with no continent bonuses, but it will be different in that it will start like any other map (eg: there are not castles or one territory where each player starts). Is this correct?

I don't quite get how the Roma box at the bottom works. Are those coin territories another bonus? What is there significance with regard to the history of the region? Also, why does the Roma territory in the bottom have a texture but the other parts don't?
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby DiM on Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:17 pm

qwert wrote:its look that you not read previous page,ok i will repeat

i read the entire thread but before i can comment on the gameplay i need to know the bonuses or at least some logic of what the bonuses might be.

you said you want to make it like feudal. well then at least tell us which terits will be starting points, which ones will be neutral, what bonuses do you have in mind, etc.
ā€œIn the beginning God said, the four-dimensional divergence of an antisymmetric, second rank tensor equals zero, and there was light, and it was good. And on the seventh day he rested.ā€- Michio Kaku
Major DiM

Postby Incandenza on Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:48 pm

As a general concept, the map looks good. If nothing else, the graphics look pretty damn good thus far.

Like many others, tho, I'm having difficulty getting a handle on the gameplay.

But absent gameplay concepts, there are a few things that really stick out at me:
the box for roma is okay (tho I think it could be larger and more interestingly broken up, rather than the existing "rome and several praetorians"), but I think the box for the three random northwestern italia terits is unnecessary, as are the three terits in the box..
There's a line to crete, but crete's not even a terit, making it a bit confusing.
All those ships are dead ends, leaving LOTS of dead ends on the map, making knockouts that much more difficult.
The coins in the upper right are distracting.
Is there a particular reason why you picked 117 AD? I'm no scholar of the period, I'm just curious what makes that date stand out for you.
There are a lot of repeated names (i.e. germania and pannonia), and unlike a map with northern/western/etc, your repeated names will be right next to each other in the drop down box. I don't think it would be a bad idea to try and lessen the number of these.
"bith et pont" is so cramped that even the shortened name looks weird.

It's a good start, qwert. I'll be interested to see this map progress.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Qwert on Sat Feb 09, 2008 10:17 am

edbeard
I've read everything but I don't really understand much of anything you said it'll be like feudal with no continent bonuses, but it will be different in that it will start like any other map (eg: there are not castles or one territory where each player starts). Is this correct?
I don't quite get how the Roma box at the bottom works. Are those coin territories another bonus? What is there significance with regard to the history of the region? Also, why does the Roma territory in the bottom have a texture but the other parts don't?

I will find 6 or 8 importan sities in Roman empire,and they will present start terittories.
Roma box,simple(i dont know how you dont see)-Italia-Praetorian 1-Praetorian 2-Praetorian 3-Roma.
Coin Terittories?I dont see any coin terittories,all terittories who have Circle is gameplay terittories.
Because Roma present cities,and others guard terittories.

Dim
i read the entire thread but before i can comment on the gameplay i need to know the bonuses or at least some logic of what the bonuses might be.

you said you want to make it like feudal. well then at least tell us which terits will be starting points, which ones will be neutral, what bonuses do you have in mind, etc.

Yes now aim understand what you say,i will find 6 or 8 cities who will be start terittories,and others terittories will be neutral.

Incandenza

As a general concept, the map looks good. If nothing else, the graphics look pretty damn good thus far.

Like many others, tho, I'm having difficulty getting a handle on the gameplay.

But absent gameplay concepts, there are a few things that really stick out at me:
the box for roma is okay (tho I think it could be larger and more interestingly broken up, rather than the existing "rome and several praetorians"), but I think the box for the three random northwestern italia terits is unnecessary, as are the three terits in the box..
There's a line to crete, but crete's not even a terit, making it a bit confusing.
All those ships are dead ends, leaving LOTS of dead ends on the map, making knockouts that much more difficult.
The coins in the upper right are distracting.
Is there a particular reason why you picked 117 AD? I'm no scholar of the period, I'm just curious what makes that date stand out for you.
There are a lot of repeated names (i.e. germania and pannonia), and unlike a map with northern/western/etc, your repeated names will be right next to each other in the drop down box. I don't think it would be a bad idea to try and lessen the number of these.
"bith et pont" is so cramped that even the shortened name looks weird.

It's a good start, qwert. I'll be interested to see this map progress.

Well everybody know that aim creating map to be historical acurate,and that why i put Roma Box with these 3 praetorian Cohorts,because Roma whas guarded with 3 praetorian cohorts.
Three terits in Box,well its imposible to put circle and names on map for these terittories.
They have 7 ships(fleet)and these mean that everybody will have same terms,aso i conect ships with hes bases.Its better to be hard to eliminate player,then to eliminate easy.
I dont understand how coins can be distracted,every map must have some visual things who present these map.
Years 117Ad is date when roman empire whas in bigest size.
Repeated names,these is proper name for these provinces.
Bith. et pont.-I try to put all names but no space-Bithynia et Pontus.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sat Feb 09, 2008 11:38 am

I need opinion,;
I think that these map can only have 6 start terittory,because 8 its to much,what you think?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby yeti_c on Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:03 pm

Not sure if this would work - but the starting territories could be...

The 7 boats - and Roma? Would that work? Would that be something that you want?

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby Qwert on Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:36 pm

yeti_c Posted: 09 Feb 2008 17:03 Post subject:

Not sure if this would work - but the starting territories could be...

The 7 boats - and Roma? Would that work? Would that be something that you want?

C.

no 7 boats and Roma,not going to work,because i want to Roma be neutral. I look Feudal war map,and these map have over 80 terittories,and its easy to create for 8 players,but here will be a little dificulty to create for 8 players map.With 6 players its easy to be balanced,but with 8,some oponents will be very close to each other.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby bryguy on Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:51 pm

looks good
Corporal bryguy

Postby Qwert on Sat Feb 09, 2008 4:20 pm

new update with bonus box
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby cairnswk on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:02 pm

qwert wrote:new update with bonus box

Qwert....comments if i may.

1. I very much like the graphics on this, it is pure Roman all over in design, apart from some small items:
2. the galleys look like Viking ships...did the roman use red and white sails in stripe pattern?
3. The names on Gaetulia...maybe too close to army so triple digit/number cover them
4. army circle on assyria...to close to border of map
5. what do the ships do? do they only attack the land terts. or can they attack each other?
6. the white text of Iberia, Sarmatia etc region doesn't fit with the map...perhaps make some other colour that blends with the overall colour scheme

Looking very good otherwise :)
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Qwert on Sat Feb 09, 2008 7:14 pm

Cairnswk
Qwert....comments if i may.

1. I very much like the graphics on this, it is pure Roman all over in design, apart from some small items:
2. the galleys look like Viking ships...did the roman use red and white sails in stripe pattern?
3. The names on Gaetulia...maybe too close to army so triple digit/number cover them
4. army circle on assyria...to close to border of map
5. what do the ships do? do they only attack the land terts. or can they attack each other?
6. the white text of Iberia, Sarmatia etc region doesn't fit with the map...perhaps make some other colour that blends with the overall colour scheme

Looking very good otherwise

Ofcours you can comment :)
1.I can not give reply on no 1 :wink:
2.These is small roman trireme ships,with red,white colours,unfortunatly Emblem of roman empire its so small that imposible to put on sails.Yes romans use these colours,maybe you notice that Soldiers also use red colours.
3.Gaetulia,are you sure?
4.These issue is not big deal,when i start XML,i will change if go over map.
5.Well i dont decide yet,for start i conect with hes bases.
6.These is same like Tittle,and these is non playabile ground.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas