Conquer Club

Imperium Romanum [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby Qwert on Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:39 pm

* Extenuating Size Circumstances : If a map contains a large number of territories and additional pixels are required for design purpose, a small width and/or height area may be added to the maximum dimensions. Authorization for this addition must be sought from Andy Dufresne or the Cartography Assistant/s, with a good explanation of why the extra dimensions are needed.

Hmm,i realy think that these map need 30 extra px,They have 58 terittory and even names can not stay in terittories, and Rome Box,three terittories box and Town Bonuses is all squeze,and now will be more squeze when i start adjusting Army Shadows,what will be with three digit numbers? These yours decision is not going to bee good for these map. And if some people will ask to put more explanation on map for bonuses(Oaktown sugested)then these will be imposible.You must take all these reason before any decision.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:35 pm

Gimil you still not reply in mine last post.
Some things i dont understand,When Andy vatch map topic,proces work somehow,and ve ask for more CA to proces start much better,but insted these proces going slower and slower :shock:
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby gimil on Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:49 pm

qwert wrote:
* Extenuating Size Circumstances : If a map contains a large number of territories and additional pixels are required for design purpose, a small width and/or height area may be added to the maximum dimensions. Authorization for this addition must be sought from Andy Dufresne or the Cartography Assistant/s, with a good explanation of why the extra dimensions are needed.

Hmm,i realy think that these map need 30 extra px,They have 58 terittory and even names can not stay in terittories, and Rome Box,three terittories box and Town Bonuses is all squeze,and now will be more squeze when i start adjusting Army Shadows,what will be with three digit numbers? These yours decision is not going to bee good for these map. And if some people will ask to put more explanation on map for bonuses(Oaktown sugested)then these will be imposible.You must take all these reason before any decision.

Qwerts I took them all into consideration before I made my decision. 3 digits shouldnt be a problem, where it may be a problem I can see a solution. You have plenty of space to work around with for more legends as well. You may need it at a later date. But from what I have jsut now there is no need for the extra size.
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby gimil on Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:53 pm

qwert wrote:Gimil you still not reply in mine last post.
Some things i dont understand,When Andy vatch map topic,proces work somehow,and ve ask for more CA to proces start much better,but insted these proces going slower and slower :shock:

C.A. arent here to give all maps feedback ok? Im sorry if I miss you for ONE day because I had better things to do with my time . . .
What do you know about map making, bitch?

natty_dread wrote:I was wrong

Top Score:2403
Corporal 1st Class gimil

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:49 am

Well here is image with original Army shadows. Gimil with hes restriction create many problems,but i hope that people will see these and give me support for adition 30px
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Tue Feb 26, 2008 12:31 pm

qwert wrote:Well here is image with original Army shadows. Gimil with hes restriction create many problems,but i hope that people will see these and give me support for adition 30px

Unfortuantely Qwert, we are going to stick with the current guidelines we've had in place. As you championed months ago, we'd like to keel any favortism by myself and C.A.'s out of the Foundry, so equal rights for all cartographers. You'll have to make the map work within the guidelines.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:29 pm

First i dont know that i need aprove from CA or you.
Second -i give explanation,and very good explanation why i need these extra 30px.
Edbeard and Gimil say "everything is perfect" do you also think that map is good now with -30px.
Before you give me answer please go to page 1 and look bouth images.
Thanks.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:31 pm

equal rights for all cartographers

Do you belive that all authors have same right? We can open debate on Foundry discusion.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby edbeard on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:25 pm

the only 'problem' I have is with the Assyria territory at the right. You can easily do some moving around of the army circle and switching the label back to where it was before would help a lot with the readability.

Even moving the circle and label of mesopotamia would help give you more space.
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:28 pm

Well aim find that unfortunatly Authors not have same right,and i find that Gimil map Feudal war have extra 30px(small),also Coleman map have Extra 30px(Final Forge).
I know that map authors must have same right,but i belive that you GImil,and also Coleman give valid explanation for these extra 30px,like i present that mine map desperatly need extra 30px.
Or aim wrong and Gimil,Coleman dont ask for permision,like i did but i dont know for these permision.
Gimil also want to reduce mine Ardennes map,and he know that these map have 73 terittories,that Bonus legend is in limited size,and that these 30px is most need for these map to.
Last edited by Qwert on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:36 pm

gimil
Cartography Assistant

Posted: 01 Feb 2008 23:35 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry qwerts but the names are unreadable on most terrs

DiM

Posted: 03 Feb 2008 02:15 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i like the feel of the map. nice job qwert.
you'll have some trouble with fitting the terit names though

fireedud
Also, you might want to try and increase the terr. names; I have no problem with them, but other people may

Guiscard
As a comment on the map in general (and something you failed to grasp to a degree in my attempt at a Rome map), I'm fairly sure we're gonna run into major problems fitting all the territories you currently have in in a readable and playable manner. At the moment the names are unreadable, and when army numbers are added some will disappear entirely. I think you're going to have to consider merging some and perhaps zooming the map in a little.

These whas when map have 630px,and now its have 600px,what they now coment
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby edbeard on Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:26 pm

I have to say that Feudal does not need the 630px. I don't think this means you should get the 630, unless of course they don't downgrade that map to 600px.
Lieutenant edbeard

Postby Qwert on Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:51 am

edbeard Posted: 27 Feb 2008 00:26 Post subject:

I have to say that Feudal does not need the 630px. I don't think this means you should get the 630, unless of course they don't downgrade that map to 600px.

Well you say for these maps that not need these extra px,but if author thinking that these extra px very importan need on map,then these need to get approwal, so why he put these on options?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby iancanton on Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:23 pm

this is a great map: clearly well-researched and with superb attention to detail. i love those graphics. the smaller version is fine except i think that assyria and pontus euxinus might be a little hard to read. will using a different font for the small map improve things? this is a good font for the large map.

can u change the title to IMPERIVM ROMANVM and AD CXVII? AD is written before the year (unlike BC, which is written after the year) and the romans used V, not U, in their inscriptions.

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/anno+Domini
http://catholic-resources.org/AncientRome/rom4-8.jpg

ian. :)
Colonel iancanton
Foundry Foreman
Foundry Foreman

Postby Qwert on Tue Mar 04, 2008 3:44 pm

Size restriction is solve,and we can move forward.
These is last version .
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby oaktown on Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:08 pm

nice to have the size issue behind us, now let's get this one going.

I remain concerned with the Roma inset map - would like to see a wall around the city territories that can't be attacked from Italia, and something draw a player's attention to the fact that there are territories within the territory. Plus the "hold bonus 3" line is easy to miss, and I'm not sure what it refers to - the entire city, or just Roma?

I love the use of images for the boats and legions, and the use in the legend is great. Maybe "LEGIONS" with an "s"?

Looking forward to seeing this one move on!
Captain oaktown

Postby Qwert on Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:12 pm

Tomorow i will present new update,with some changes what Oaktown and Iancanton(V insted U)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:45 am

here new update with some changes what Oaktown and Iancanton(V insted U,but only for non playabile space)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Lone.prophet on Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:47 am

maybe do something, so the alpes inset and the roman inset map becomes more clear where it belongs
Captain Lone.prophet

Postby Qwert on Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:57 am

maybe do something, so the alpes inset and the roman inset map becomes more clear where it belongs

What you mean?what is not clear?
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Lone.prophet on Thu Mar 06, 2008 7:15 am

if you looks at the map and you see the alps how are you supposed to know there are territories there if there is no name/armycircle
Captain Lone.prophet

Postby fumandomuerte on Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:02 am

To be honest:
1. I don't like your alpes zoom. It's not clear.
2. I think your bonuses for holding "Classis Romanvum" and "Legio Romanvum" is not fair in any type of game (from 2 to 8 players). In my opinion they should be something like:
4 Classis Romanvm +2 | All Classis romanvm +5
4 Legio Romanvm + 1 | 8 Legio Romanvm = + 4 | All Legio Romanvm + 7

I'm fine with the rest. Keep the hard work!
Thanks to the CC staff for the perma-ban on ۩░▒▓₪№™℮₪▓▒░۩!
Captain fumandomuerte

Postby Qwert on Thu Mar 06, 2008 10:14 am

Well if someon of you two know how to Alpes box be more clear,then you must show me.
These is wery clear for me,every normal person will look Narbonensis,and will see shape of these three provinces,and for that you dont need to have some big IQ.

fumandomuerte its look that you not read Gameplay option for these map.
These map will be similar to Feudal war,so these mean that all Clasis romanum will be neutral,for all player.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby cairnswk on Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:49 pm

Qwert...i make suggestion for you for the Alps and Roma...

Maybe add some pixel to bottom and make these whole bottom section look like part of legend and put each area with line in between, with strong name underneath to show what they all are.

Then on map highlight the Alps and Roma with something like little box.
* Pearl Harbour * Waterloo * Forbidden City * Jamaica * Pot Mosbi
Private cairnswk

Postby Qwert on Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:27 pm

cairnswk Posted: 06 Mar 2008 18:49 Post subject:

Qwert...i make suggestion for you for the Alps and Roma...

Cairnswk,dont tell me that you also not see clear Roma box,and Alpes Box. Its look that aim realy retarded here :?
First of you have three Latin numbers in map I. II. and III. and if you have a so small IQ,you will very fast know where is where, i realy can not belive that people will not know what these boxes present.
Now you have many maps who is far more complicated then these two boxes.
When i work in Western Front,some guys(i dont want to write names)tell me that i will have many complains about British bombardment,but when map quenched, nothing hepend,because people is not stupid, and very fast understand what is what,and what terittory can bombard and what can not bombard.
I know that Lone is smart person,and that he want to create Issue,with something what is 100% simple,then some maps,and that he very good understand what Roma box present,what Alpes provinces box present,and how these working.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas