Conquer Club

Europe Map [Done]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Postby oaktown on Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:07 pm

G Alexander wrote:YOU FUCKIN IDIOT!!! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT WITH CROATIA!!!! WHERE IS SLOVENIA!!!???? IF YOU DONT KNOW....ITS IIN THE MIDDLE OF ITALY, HUNGARY. AND BETWEN AUSTRIA AND CROATIA!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU ARE FUCKIN CROAT, GIVE ME YOUR ADDRES AND I WILL PERSONALLY KICK YOUR ARSE, BUT IF YOU ARE SOMETHING ELSE, JUST APOLOGISE AND EVERITHING WILL BE OK, AND YES YOU MUST PUT IN SLOVENIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IDIOT!!!!

Somebody needs to be banned.
Captain oaktown

Postby Zverina on Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:43 am

hei oaktown you don't get it to be part of croatia is big insult for us slovenian so i don't think he nedds to be baned just warned
Cadet Zverina

Postby unriggable on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:02 pm

I bet everybody in massachusetts is insulted by the fact that no US map has it as a country but rather part of new england. Don't see em screaming though...
Cook unriggable

Postby Aerial Attack on Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:18 pm

The problem isn't the CAPS LOCK. People who are insulted (and sometimes even if they only feel insulted) have the right to let their displeasure be known. The biggest problem with that post (and why he deserves to be banned) was the threat of actual physical violence. Whist this is a site based on "violence" (in a pure world domination sense), it is not permissible to threaten the well-being of any individual. [they should add "threats of actual harm" to the no-nos in the Forum Guidelines].

NOTE: This is different than a little trash talk like "I'm gonna whoop your fanny so bad on the Classic Map." The bold segment of the sentence makes it pertain to the site and lets it be known that this is not a threat to one's actual well-being.
My Conquer Club Scripts | Bests: 2133, #205
Sergeant Aerial Attack

Postby TheKidsTrumpet on Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:06 pm

Yeah completely uncalled for... ::sigh::
Personal Best: 2344
Winner of: Championship Series: Arms Race
Redemption Pt. 1
Doubles Champion Initech XXV: Olympic Games w/Gilligan
Lieutenant TheKidsTrumpet

Postby wicked on Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:54 pm

It's been taken care of, please carry on with the original topic of this thread. And thanks to Oaktown for reporting this. If you guys notice any of this again, please report it in the cheating forum or to a moderator. Thanks for your help!
Major wicked

Postby yeti_c on Tue Nov 06, 2007 11:58 pm

Can I suggest we don't carry on with this thread -> it's so old all the words are covered in dust!?!

C.
Highest score : 2297
Lieutenant yeti_c

Postby G Alexander on Sat Nov 10, 2007 3:46 pm

yo guys just wanna say sorry for my previus yelling.

someone wrote that there are some other lands that are wrognly setted or are not setted in the map and some other lands are on their places and taht he doesnt see them going off.

well for my deffense only that: I am a BIG patriot of Slovenia, and Zverina can confirm that, and that i will personally insolt and kick every but that will insolt Slovenia or anything conected with it. and that is sometimes a problem. the resolts are sometimes something like this.

But i give you my word of honor (and when i give you that you must know that i mean it for real) that i will from now on act more peacefully on any thing that i will feel insolted becouse of it

and now i think we really can move on with original theme

PS: to a man taht created the map: Very good map actualy, just the problems with some countries
Cook G Alexander

Postby Qwert on Sat Nov 10, 2007 6:28 pm

I must say that i realy dont understand how map with so many Country names mistake have been quenched?
When some map have to many mistake like these,and author dont have any logical explanation,he must change these,or even better Andy must put these map to rewamp and search for author who will remove all mistake,to map present real EUROPE country.
Leave like now is not right,because author of these map favorize some people(example Croatia) and erase some country like they newer exist in EUROPE(Slovenia,Bosnia,Serbia,Macedonia,Montenegro).
These map must be rewamped.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Coleman on Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:06 pm

This was made with gameplay in mind, not on having every country represented with perfect accuracy. The development on this map ended long before most of us were around and Andy and I are not interested in hosting any more major revamp projects for a while.

As it is, this map is being revamped (slightly) but this is a size change to the small map and nothing else.

Thank you all for your concern though. Be sure to direct similar issues at any new maps coming up to prevent these 'problems' in the future. We don't like complaints much after quench. :(
Warning: You may be reading a really old topic.
Sergeant Coleman

Postby Elijah S on Sun Nov 11, 2007 1:28 am

[quote="G Alexander"]YOU FUCKIN IDIOT!!! HOW COULD YOU DO THAT WITH CROATIA!!!! WHERE IS SLOVENIA!!!???? IF YOU DONT KNOW....ITS IIN THE MIDDLE OF ITALY, HUNGARY. AND BETWEN AUSTRIA AND CROATIA!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU ARE FUCKIN CROAT, GIVE ME YOUR ADDRES AND I WILL PERSONALLY KICK YOUR ARSE, BUT IF YOU ARE SOMETHING ELSE, JUST APOLOGISE AND EVERITHING WILL BE OK, AND YES YOU MUST PUT IN SLOVENIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IDIOT!!!![/quote]

I think he should be banned too- If only for his pathetic spelling!!! :lol:
Sergeant 1st Class Elijah S

Postby G Alexander on Mon Nov 12, 2007 4:38 pm

hehe elijah real funny. but you must know that i am not english or anything like that and that i wrote that reply in a hurry and stresfull moment :D

and to qwert: where are you from... it is good to see someone on my side ;)
Cook G Alexander

Postby Qwert on Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:52 pm

Coleman Posted: 11 Nov 2007 01:06 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was made with gameplay in mind, not on having every country represented with perfect accuracy. The development on this map ended long before most of us were around and Andy and I are not interested in hosting any more major revamp projects for a while.

As it is, this map is being revamped (slightly) but this is a size change to the small map and nothing else.

Thank you all for your concern though. Be sure to direct similar issues at any new maps coming up to prevent these 'problems' in the future. We don't like complaints much after quench.

Coleman these map have very big problems,because present Europe with huge mistakes, i dont know who and when is these map rewamped,but i also before put these complain and nothing hepend.
Croatia,Saint Petersburg,Scandinavia, its big mistakes and i think that must change.

G Alexander Posted: 12 Nov 2007 21:38 Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hehe elijah real funny. but you must know that i am not english or anything like that and that i wrote that reply in a hurry and stresfull moment

and to qwert: where are you from... it is good to see someone on my side

Im from Serbia,and for me is also not normal that Croatia present all former Yugoslavia,because Serbia is double biger then Croatia,but i will be satisfy that all these terittory can call Yugoslavia(these is easy solution because author is only must to change name and nothing else)
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Mon Nov 12, 2007 6:04 pm

Marvaddin
Posted: 04 Mar 2006 18:26
I think you cant delete real countries to make the map more playable, its part of mapmaking challenge. About the inscription, they are right.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby G Alexander on Wed Nov 14, 2007 12:35 am

hehe elijah real funny. but you must know that i am not english or anything like that and that i wrote that reply in a hurry and stresfull moment

Im from Serbia,and for me is also not normal that Croatia present all former Yugoslavia,because Serbia is double biger then Croatia,but i will be satisfy that all these terittory can call Yugoslavia(these is easy solution because author is only must to change name and nothing else)[/quote]

you speak the truth only the thruth and nothing BUT the thruth about that.

GRIMSLEEPER o whateever your name is... just change the name of croatia to yugoslavia and all will be good and fine :D
Cook G Alexander

Postby Gilligan on Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:22 am

He's not around anymore.
Captain Gilligan

Europe map (of course)

Postby Conqueror94 on Thu Nov 29, 2007 9:05 am

Why the scandinavian countrys are Finland, sweden, norway, ESTONIA AND SAINT PETERSBURG! When they should be Finland, sweden, norway, DENMARK AND ICELAND. Saint petersburg is a city in RUSSIA. I'm from Finland and this a great insult for all scandinavians. :evil:
Cook Conqueror94

Postby Fireside Poet on Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:07 am

People of Andorra rise up against this map! How DARE Andorra NOT be included! Hrumph!
Click this logo for more information on joining!
Major Fireside Poet

Postby latvietis on Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:44 pm

strange, but Estonia is only in the north of teritory of what you have called Estonia...Mainly it is Latvia....just check any map of Europe...what a shame.. :(
Private latvietis

Postby jasnostj on Sun Dec 23, 2007 2:14 pm

Okay then, time for me, as a Dutchman, to complain about Benelux being called Belgium. Belgium has 10 million inhabitants (on 30.000 km2), against 16 million (on 41.000 km2) in the Netherlands. Just call it Benelux, and the problem is solved.

Names in Russia are not too accurate either (except for Arkhangelsk). I would say:
- St. Petersburg = Karelia
- Moscow = Western Russia
- Western Russia = Caucasus
- Northwestern Russia = Komi

And I don't think people in Lebanon and Jordan will be too happy to be called Israel, not to mention the Palestinians (the state of Israel comprises about 15% of the total area that is called Israel on this map, and less than one third of the total population). I don't think I have to explain anyone how sensitive these matters are over there... (Southern) Levant would be the most neutral name for this region.

And Slovakia is ofcourse former Czechoslovakia, an area inhabited by about twice as many Czechs as there are Slovaks.

And finally, you've got to be kidding me to call Poland, Belarus, Moldova, Ukraine etc. part of 'Germany'! When you make flagrant mistakes like that, don't blame people for criticizing after quenching (=publication!). All you cartographers are ignorant, or what? (I know the answer to that question)
Private jasnostj

Postby Unit_2 on Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:07 pm

qwert wrote:
Coleman Posted: 11 Nov 2007 01:06 Post subject:

Thank you all for your concern though. Be sure to direct similar issues at any new maps coming up to prevent these 'problems' in the future. We don't like complaints much after quench.

Coleman these map have very big problems,because present Europe with huge mistakes, i dont know who and when is these map rewamped,but i also before put these complain and nothing hepend.
Croatia,Saint Petersburg,Scandinavia, its big mistakes and i think that must change.

Im from Serbia,and for me is also not normal that Croatia present all former Yugoslavia,because Serbia is double biger then Croatia,but i will be satisfy that all these terittory can call Yugoslavia(these is easy solution because author is only must to change name and nothing else)

Qwert is right Coleman, this NEEDS to be revamped, it can NOT stay this way, please just try and get out there for a revamp.
Corporal Unit_2

Location: Pennsylvania, U.S.A, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe.

Postby Qwert on Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:38 pm

I realy dont know how Lack quenched these map with so many mistake,and now young people who not from europe learn what country Exist in europe when play these map,and dont know that half map have mistake,these is big minus for lack.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby AndyDufresne on Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:52 pm

qwert wrote:I realy dont know how Lack quenched these map with so many mistake,and now young people who not from europe learn what country Exist in europe when play these map,and dont know that half map have mistake,these is big minus for lack.

When people submitted maps in the early Conquer Club, before I took the reins of the Foundry, all you had to do was basically send a PM to lack with the usual info, and he'd upload it. :) He didn't spend time critiquing it like we do.

--Andy
Corporal 1st Class AndyDufresne

Postby john1099 on Wed Dec 26, 2007 7:54 pm

Whats wrong with the Europe map we have now? :-s
GunnaRoolsUDrool wrote:yo mama has 3 titties, ones for milk, ones for water, ones out of order
Sergeant 1st Class john1099

Postby Ruben Cassar on Wed Dec 26, 2007 8:49 pm

john1099 wrote:Whats wrong with the Europe map we have now? :-s

The question is..."what's NOT wrong with the Europe map we have now?" :)
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas