Conquer Club

Europe 1914 [Quenched]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: EUROPE 1914-New Update!!9sept** page 1-7[IDEA STAMP]

Postby Qwert on Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:49 pm

MrBeen
Ireland is not part of the UK, but it's your map

OMG-these is amazing, im i crazy or what,i create historical maps,and only if informacion what i get wrong-all ireland is whas part of UNITED KINGDOM in YEAR 1914.
If you follow these topic story you will never say these stupid thing like -"its your map".
But for you i will repeat-these map present Europe in year 1914,and i want to create all country who military participiate in World war ONE.

These is hepend when mods dont want to read last pages or even worst dont want to read title of map.
These is new story what i need to write in the Spotlight section of the next issue of the foundry newsletter.

Thank you incadensa you are meet with story of these map.
NEW REVOLUTION-NEW RANKS PRESS THESE LINK viewtopic.php?f=471&t=47578&start=0
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby MrBenn on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:11 pm

Qwert, my suggestion was not serious (hence the winking face ;-) )

Please don't be so quick to get annoyed with people - it puts people off wanting to make any comments at all. This map has a fair amount of support, but your attitude doesn't help the process.

Don't expect everybody to have read every comment here; be grateful that you have people willing to give you mostly constructive input to your maps. If somebody asks a stupid question, just grin and bear it like the rest of us do. You know more than anybody about your map - a friendly word may win you more supporters, but harsh words will stop them coming back.
PB: 2661 | He's blue... If he were green he would die | No mod would be stupid enough to do that
Lieutenant MrBenn

Postby Qwert on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:27 pm

by MrBenn on Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:11 am

Qwert, my suggestion was not serious (hence the winking face )

Please don't be so quick to get annoyed with people - it puts people off wanting to make any comments at all. This map has a fair amount of support, but your attitude doesn't help the process.

Don't expect everybody to have read every comment here; be grateful that you have people willing to give you mostly constructive input to your maps. If somebody asks a stupid question, just grin and bear it like the rest of us do. You know more than anybody about your map - a friendly word may win you more supporters, but harsh words will stop them coming back.

Soory,but you have blue colour in your name,and i never know when you joke,and when you speak serious.
you can not find in these topic where im annoyed regular people,even incadenza dont whas sure do you joke or do you serious. I have great conversation with people here,and from discusion we solve issues. Next time when you write something please note when you joke.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:33 pm

be grateful that you have people willing to give you mostly constructive input to your maps.

I m very grateful to people who give great sugestion and i repeat these several time here and in WWII EUROPE,i have deep respect to IT ODball and Androidz who have most time to follow these topic and who is big suporters of these map.
If these map every been quenched he will get honory place on map,and that i guaranty.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Incandenza on Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:18 pm

qwert's got a point here, benn. Like it or not, being a CA means that your input on a map is held to a higher standard.
THOTA: dingdingdingdingdingdingBOOM

Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est
Colonel Incandenza

Postby Androidz on Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:46 pm

qwert wrote:
be grateful that you have people willing to give you mostly constructive input to your maps.

I m very grateful to people who give great sugestion and i repeat these several time here and in WWII EUROPE,i have deep respect to IT ODball and Androidz who have most time to follow these topic and who is big suporters of these map.
If these map every been quenched he will get honory place on map,and that i guaranty.

=D

Incandenza wrote:qwert's got a point here, benn. Like it or not, being a CA means that your input on a map is held to a higher standard.

So true incandenza.
Private Androidz

Re: EUROPE 1914-New Update!!24sept** page 1-9[IDEA STAMP]

Postby Qwert on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:50 pm

by Androidz on Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:04 am

Greece seem so big and emety could you pliss add crete. (the island below where you placed greece?)
Krete is a part of Greece these is not some independent country.

by Merker on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:42 am

Great map, on the final version though it shows the Entente it shows 'Western Allies' and with it shows Germany, what's up with that? Germany was apart of the Central Powers

I dont understand what you mean
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Wed Sep 24, 2008 1:52 pm

new update-i add +1 autodeploy to each capitals
also i create cyprus to be british bases.
Click image to enlarge.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby The Neon Peon on Wed Sep 24, 2008 9:16 pm

Why do we even have other maps in the foundry?! GET THIS MAP DONE ASAP! Great map, keep up the good work. Why not in the Final Forge yet?
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Qwert on Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:48 am

by The Neon Peon on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:16 am

Why do we even have other maps in the foundry?! GET THIS MAP DONE ASAP! Great map, keep up the good work. Why not in the Final Forge yet?

Thanks for support. For mine calculation these map can be in FF for abouth 2 month,no sunner. I will be very supprised that these map move faster to FF.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby The Neon Peon on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:42 pm

qwert wrote:
by The Neon Peon on Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:16 am

Thanks for support. For mine calculation these map can be in FF for abouth 2 month,no sunner. I will be very supprised that these map move faster to FF.

What still needs to be done?
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Qwert on Fri Sep 26, 2008 3:43 am

What still needs to be done?

Hmm .you must go to How to make maps topic,and you will what is all need.
You need to get stamps-Idea,Graphic,Gameplay,Final Fi\orge,XML and last quench stamp.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby oaktown on Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:10 am

Hey qwert, this is my first visit since the gameplay shift away from conquest, so my apologies if I sound like I'm a bit behind. I think that getting away from conquest is the right move for this map, as picking up the Entente victory condition would have been a near-impossibility.

For starters, since the Gameplay Objectives are probably the most important piece of information in your legend, I would say they should be more prominant. Maybe put the objectives in the top right corner and move the region bonuses down to the bottom of the map with the rest of the bonuses?

Your bonus descriptions in the legend are going to be confusing to some when it comes to the Entente Kingdom and Central Powers bonuses; Bulgaria is Balkan, but not Entente... I get it, you get it, but since Bulgaria and the other balkan states are the same color somebody won't get it. Ideally, there would be some kind of visual indicator to show which are the Central Powers, and which are Entente, other than having to refer back to the legend to figure that out. Personally, I like maps in which I can learn the rules and then play instead of having to depend on the legend for clarification in the middle of a game. Without a visual, I think that the Entente and Central powers bonuses make the map somewhat user-unfriendly.

I wish there was a way for a player to capture and hold the Entente Capitals without having to go through a the heart of the Central territory. To win by holding the Central capitals, one could basically hold Austro-Hungary and the Balkans, and expand out to to more territories. To wrap up the Entente Capitals you either have to maintain armies across the map all game, or break through Berlin. What if, say, Hannover had access to the Baltic Sea?

Capital bonuses I see, from your first post, are auto-deploy, but the map doesn't say that anywhere.

I don't think too highly of the 5+1 in the legend... doesn't make sense. Don't you just mean +6, or is something else not explained?
Captain oaktown

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:50 am

This map looks great qwert, however...

1. I strongly disagree with having Great Britain and France as a single region.
2. Also keep in mind that Italy and Russia were allied with Britain and France.
3. Corsica was part of France and not of Italy at that time while only Sardinia was part of Italy.
ImageImageImageImageImage
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Qwert on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:56 am

by oaktown on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:10 am

Hey qwert, this is my first visit since the gameplay shift away from conquest, so my apologies if I sound like I'm a bit behind. I think that getting away from conquest is the right move for this map, as picking up the Entente victory condition would have been a near-impossibility.
-------------------------------------------------------------
ok.
---------------------------------------------------------------
For starters, since the Gameplay Objectives are probably the most important piece of information in your legend, I would say they should be more prominant. Maybe put the objectives in the top right corner and move the region bonuses down to the bottom of the map with the rest of the bonuses?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok,I create minimap of europe and put down,eliminate bonuses for holding some specific number of territory.Gameplayer objective its now up in place where Whas bonuses.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your bonus descriptions in the legend are going to be confusing to some when it comes to the Entente Kingdom and Central Powers bonuses; Bulgaria is Balkan, but not Entente... I get it, you get it, but since Bulgaria and the other balkan states are the same color somebody won't get it. Ideally, there would be some kind of visual indicator to show which are the Central Powers, and which are Entente, other than having to refer back to the legend to figure that out. Personally, I like maps in which I can learn the rules and then play instead of having to depend on the legend for clarification in the middle of a game. Without a visual, I think that the Entente and Central powers bonuses make the map somewhat user-unfriendly.

------------------------------------------------------------------
like i say i eliminate these bonuses,its very dificulty to explane who whas in witch side.because they have to many people who realy dont know or dont care for Great War history.
I wish there was a way for a player to capture and hold the Entente Capitals without having to go through a the heart of the Central territory. To win by holding the Central capitals, one could basically hold Austro-Hungary and the Balkans, and expand out to to more territories. To wrap up the Entente Capitals you either have to maintain armies across the map all game, or break through Berlin. What if, say, Hannover had access to the Baltic Sea?
look,if you just consider logicaly,then you must go trough germany,i dont want to create some easy way to get all 4 entente capitals.Now even if i thinking that is good,i think that now nothing with 100% say if these good or bad,i belive that only when we start play in beta stage will know if these good or bad.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Capital bonuses I see, from your first post, are auto-deploy, but the map doesn't say that anywhere.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
its say in nonplayabile territory,but now i change these to
--------------------------------------------------------------------

I don't think too highly of the 5+1 in the legend... doesn't make sense. Don't you just mean +6, or is something else not explained?
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I change these to.

by Ruben Cassar on Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:50 pm

3. Corsica was part of France and not of Italy at that time while only Sardinia was part of Italy.

1.Why,they call them self Western Allied and fight together against germany
2.I dont understand these question? Do i make some mistake?
3.I will check these before update,now update is delay.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby t-o-m on Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:59 am

Im not too keen on the plain basic colours on the land/conts, along with the black inner glow.

Perhaps using a brush with foreground/background colours one slightly darker than the other and having colour dynamics on the brush set to around 25% would give it a nice texture?
Major t-o-m

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:27 am

qwert wrote:
by Ruben Cassar on Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:50 pm

1.Why,they call them self Western Allied and fight together against germany
2.I dont understand these question? Do i make some mistake?
3.I will check these before update,now update is delay.

Wikipedia Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allies_of_World_War_I

Quote: "The Entente Powers (from Triple Entente) were the countries at war with the Central Powers during World War I. The main allies were the Russian Empire, France, the British Empire, Italy and the United States."

What I mean is that the Allies were Great Britain, France, Italy, Russia and the US. In your map it seems that the only allies are France and Great Britain and that was not the case. Therefore I believe you have a mistake.
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Qwert on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:40 am

Quote: "The Entente Powers (from Triple Entente) were the countries at war with the Central Powers during World War I. The main allies were the Russian Empire, France, the British Empire, Italy and the United States."

What I mean is that the Allies were Great Britain, France, Italy, Russia and the US. In your map it seems that the only allies are France and Great Britain and that was not the case. Therefore I believe you have a mistake.

I know that,but they fight on Western europe and in map they all caled Entente powers,any way in new update i dont have any names in bonus box.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:42 am

by t-o-m on Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:59 pm

Im not too keen on the plain basic colours on the land/conts, along with the black inner glow.

Perhaps using a brush with foreground/background colours one slightly darker than the other and having colour dynamics on the brush set to around 25% would give it a nice texture?

I think that we all ready discused abouth colours,dont we.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby Qwert on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:42 am

new update
Click image to enlarge.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby t-o-m on Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:50 am

qwert wrote:
by t-o-m on Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:59 pm

I think that we all ready discused abouth colours,dont we.

Did we?
Major t-o-m

Re: EUROPE 1914-Update Major change!28sept page 1-10[IDEA STAMP]

Postby The Neon Peon on Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:23 am

1. The blue island next to Sardinia looks too much like a territory without a name of army circle, or actually is it one? I am not able to tell right now, might consider doing something there.
2. The border on the minimap does not fit in with the style.
3. The "Bessarabia" territory looks really odd. Please consider doing the following to make the shape more appealing, and make it seem less squished in there:
  • Expanding the eastern border into Ukraine
  • Expand the Southern border downward so that is connects with the water in the black sea.

P.S. I know that #3 will take away some of the accuracy, but trust me, In that area, the only thing you are adding is farmland that still has no electricity or water connection, and you have to take a 3 hour train ride that moves at 25 miles an hour to get to the nearest town/village with more than 1000 people living in it currently. I doubt it will have mattered to the war at all, so do not worry about historical accuracy there.
Lieutenant The Neon Peon

Postby Ruben Cassar on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:09 am

qwert wrote:

I know that,but they fight on Western europe and in map they all caled Entente powers,any way in new update i dont have any names in bonus box.

Well Great Britain and France should be two separate regions. Even Italy was a Western Ally but you put it separate so those two countries should be separated as well.

I suggest separating them and giving them both a bonus. Cyprus can be part of Great Britain of course. You could also add Malta as part of the British Empire for an extra territory to spice up gameplay.
Colonel Ruben Cassar

Postby Qwert on Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:50 am

Did we?

O yes.

by The Neon Peon on Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:23 pm

1. The blue island next to Sardinia looks too much like a territory without a name of army circle, or actually is it one? I am not able to tell right now, might consider doing something there.
2. The border on the minimap does not fit in with the style.
3. The "Bessarabia" territory looks really odd. Please consider doing the following to make the shape more appealing, and make it seem less squished in there:

Expanding the eastern border into Ukraine
Expand the Southern border downward so that is connects with the water in the black sea.

P.S. I know that #3 will take away some of the accuracy, but trust me, In that area, the only thing you are adding is farmland that still has no electricity or water connection, and you have to take a 3 hour train ride that moves at 25 miles an hour to get to the nearest town/village with more than 1000 people living in it currently. I doubt it will have mattered to the war at all, so do not worry about historical accuracy there.

1.Well when you look territory who dont have names and circle,maybe you will think that these can not attack. its a part of South France.
2.How do you mean,not fit?
3. Bessarabia.Hmm these is borders of bessarabia,what its here confusing,they not have conection with sea,and its right shape.
P.S. in these ages half of Europe is farmlands and dont have Electricity and you have to take more that 3h to ride to get nearest town who have more that 1000 people. :mrgreen:

ruben
Well Great Britain and France should be two separate regions. Even Italy was a Western Ally but you put it separate so those two countries should be separated as well.

I suggest separating them and giving them both a bonus. Cyprus can be part of Great Britain of course. You could also add Malta as part of the British Empire for an extra territory to spice up gameplay.

I all ready have conversation abouth cuprys,that will be inposible to be part of western allied bonus structures,so i create separate bonus for cuprys like British bases.
If i continue to create more and more small countries,then these will be bad,so i dont understand why is bad that Britain and France be same part of one bonuses,and i also will change a name,instead Western Allied will be-Hold France and Britain.
Maybe you dont notice that i have 6 countries in balkan who all independent but i put to be same bonuse value.
Major Qwert
SoC Training Adviser

Postby t-o-m on Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:09 am

qwert wrote:
Did we?

O yes.

O right.

I still think they need changing though, but oh well.
Major t-o-m

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas