Conquer Club

Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: Feudal Epic, L&S, Pg. 49 [D, Gp, Gr]

Postby thenobodies80 on Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:03 pm

Gilligan, take a look at it and let me know if it's good.
I also changed it a bit to make it easier and smaller....if you think it's not a good idea we can just change Ga'h

http://wcforums.org/CC/Feudal_Epic.xml

Nobodies
Sergeant 1st Class thenobodies80

Feudal Epic anomaly

Postby Zemljanin on Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:33 pm

Stats show +1 per kingdom, regardless of the number of territories.
E.g. a player has +6 for 18 regions, +3 for 6/7 regions in one kingdom, +4 for 8 regions in another kingdom and 5+5+3 for two castles and village. The "Troops due" column should correctly show (6+7+13)=26. However, it shows (6+2+13)=21 instead.
I've asked the opponent, but he apparently doesn't even know what I am talking about, probably because he uses a phone or some other small device.

Is it a well known bug that lasts for years because nobody cares
or
is it happening only to me
or
something third, beyond the boundaries of my imagination
?
The lowest rank: Question Mark
The lowest score: 1000
The lowest place on the scoreboard: don't remember
Captain Zemljanin

Re: Feudal Epic anomaly

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:13 pm

What are you actually dropping in that game?

The castles and villages are auto deploys, so are you saying that you're only dropping 8?
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Extreme Ways on Thu Jan 27, 2022 5:44 pm

Nut Shot Scott wrote:What are you actually dropping in that game?

The castles and villages are auto deploys, so are you saying that you're only dropping 8?

No, what he means is that the area bonuses for castle-regions always only show up as +1s. It's not really annoying or noticeable imo, but it's hard to miss once you see it.

In case you're not following, see e.g. Game 21440183 and check the 'map' tab. Each empire has +1 bonuses which in reality range from +0 (if you dont have it) to +4 (if you own all).
TOFU, ex-REP, ex-VDLL, ex-KoRT.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Thu Jan 27, 2022 8:19 pm

No, yeah, I know what he's asking. My point in asking what he is dropping is, when he tells us, the number is going to be correct per the map's guidelines. Then my point will be, "Read the map guidelines, do not look at that other crap."
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:05 am

Nut Shot Scott wrote:No, yeah, I know what he's asking. My point in asking what he is dropping is, when he tells us, the number is going to be correct per the map's guidelines. Then my point will be, "Read the map guidelines, do not look at that other crap."

the other crap is useful in plenty other maps though :lol: . Was already surprised that it appeared you didnt understand
General Extreme Ways

Postby Zemljanin on Fri Jan 28, 2022 9:48 am

No, I haven't observed anything suspicious in actual distribution of units. Apparently all works as it should. Just the Stats display is wrong.

I was just wondering whether it's possible that such simple bug survives for years without being eliminated...
Captain Zemljanin

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Fri Jan 28, 2022 11:42 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
Nut Shot Scott wrote:No, yeah, I know what he's asking. My point in asking what he is dropping is, when he tells us, the number is going to be correct per the map's guidelines. Then my point will be, "Read the map guidelines, do not look at that other crap."

the other crap is useful in plenty other maps though :lol: . Was already surprised that it appeared you didnt understand

but it's so fun to push the buttons of all you interface nerds :lol: :lol:
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Extreme Ways on Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:57 pm

Zemljanin wrote:No, I haven't observed anything suspicious in actual distribution of units. Apparently all works as it should. Just the Stats display is wrong.

I was just wondering whether it's possible that such simple bug survives for years without being eliminated...

The map was made before 'technology' like the map/stats panel existed, and the representation of bonuses on the map wasn't designed with that in mind. At least, that's what I think.
General Extreme Ways

Postby Zemljanin on Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:58 am

Extreme Ways wrote:
Zemljanin wrote:No, I haven't observed anything suspicious in actual distribution of units. Apparently all works as it should. Just the Stats display is wrong.

The map was made before 'technology' like the map/stats panel existed, and the representation of bonuses on the map wasn't designed with that in mind. At least, that's what I think.

I don't think it's relevant. Feudal War is older and works just fine. If a programmer was pissed off for getting that assignment and totally deconcentrated, the job (of finding and correcting the bug) should still be finished in less than 30 minutes. A programmer in right mood would spend up to several minutes...
Captain Zemljanin

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Sat Jan 29, 2022 3:09 pm

Or again, you read the actual map rules, and since your drop is correct, who the fck cares? There is literally nothing to even fix here, unless you're saying your drop is wrong. Which you are not.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Extreme Ways on Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:24 pm

Zemljanin wrote:
Extreme Ways wrote:

I don't think it's relevant. Feudal War is older and works just fine. If a programmer was pissed off for getting that assignment and totally deconcentrated, the job (of finding and correcting the bug) should still be finished in less than 30 minutes. A programmer in right mood would spend up to several minutes...

You're half right and half wrong. Yes, it's certainly possible and probably easy to re-write the continents section in the map XML. But no, CC does not really hire people to make/fix maps. As NSS mentioned it's low to 0 priority and probably will never be fixed. Perhaps it will be if someone out of the blue submitted a fixed xml for the map, but even then I think it will be difficult to push through ;)
General Extreme Ways

Postby chanakam2020 on Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:39 pm

@Zemljanin
I still cannot clearly understand this by your text description.
Would it be possible you to show two screenshot images ?
1. Map image which show your troops locations
2. Stat window
Cook chanakam2020

Postby Zemljanin on Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:28 am

chanakam2020 wrote:@Zemljanin
I still cannot clearly understand this by your text description.
Would it be possible you to show two screenshot images ?
1. Map image which show your troops locations
2. Stat window

There is no need :). Open some no fog game, e.g. Game 21481734
When red pressed the BEGIN button in round 5 - he's got +5 autodeployed on each castle and received 14 for free deployment:
- 7 for total territories (21)
- 3 for Feudal Empire territories (7)
- 4 for Realm of Might territories (8)
In his move, he conquered 8th Feudal Empire territory (Feudal Empire) and 3 outside ones. So in round 6, red should receive
- +5 autodeployed on Feudal Empire Castle
- +5 autodeployed on Realm of Might Castle
- 8 for total territories (25)
- 4 for Feudal Empire territories (8)
- 4 for Realm of Might territories (8)
The proper display for that data in "Troops due" column would be (8+8+10)=26. But you'll see (8+2+10)=20 instead.
(If you turn out to be too late for round 6 - just look at the map, calculate the players' deployment and compare with the content of "Troops due" and "Zones" columns)
Captain Zemljanin

Postby Nut Shot Scott on Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:49 am

His drop is correct Chan. He is complaining about not being able to read the map inspect, that you shouldnt be worrying about anyways because the drop is correct. So theres nothing to fix here.
Major Nut Shot Scott

Postby Zemljanin on Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:58 am

Nut Shot Scott wrote:Or again, you read the actual map rules, and since your drop is correct, who the fck cares? There is literally nothing to even fix here, unless you're saying your drop is wrong. Which you are not.

EVERY thoroughbred nerd cares! And many debutants...

Is this inconvenience really a big deal? No. But it's soooo stupidly unnecessary...

Extreme Ways wrote:Perhaps it will be if someone out of the blue submitted a fixed xml for the map, but even then I think it will be difficult to push through ;)

The very fact that I easily believe in the red part of your sentence, while I am suspicious about the blue one is - SAD. However, if someone sends me the corrupt file, I'll gladly return the corrected version...
Captain Zemljanin

Postby Zemljanin on Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:05 am

Nut Shot Scott wrote:His drop is correct Chan. He is complaining about not being able to read the map inspect, that you shouldnt be worrying about anyways because the drop is correct. So theres nothing to fix here.

Oh, yes it is. But you were too fast and I can't properly answer now. I'll be back...
Captain Zemljanin

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Jan 31, 2022 10:38 am

Zemljanin wrote:
Nut Shot Scott wrote:Or again, you read the actual map rules, and since your drop is correct, who the fck cares? There is literally nothing to even fix here, unless you're saying your drop is wrong. Which you are not.

EVERY thoroughbred nerd cares! And many debutants...

Is this inconvenience really a big deal? No. But it's soooo stupidly unnecessary...

Extreme Ways wrote:Perhaps it will be if someone out of the blue submitted a fixed xml for the map, but even then I think it will be difficult to push through ;)

The very fact that I easily believe in the red part of your sentence, while I am suspicious about the blue one is - SAD. However, if someone sends me the corrupt file, I'll gladly return the corrected version...

I don't know where to fetch the file exactly from the API, nor do I know whether that is even possible... but I know this is the map part of xml when I load a feudal epic game I'm in, which should be complete. The visual error you encounter sterns from the way the 'continents' are defined.

show
General Extreme Ways

Postby chanakam2020 on Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:14 am

Zemljanin wrote:However, if someone sends me the corrupt file, I'll gladly return the corrected version...

Here is the Feudal_Epic xml. Look if you can correct it
https://www.conquerclub.com/maps/Feudal_Epic.xml
Cook chanakam2020

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:41 am

chanakam2020 wrote:
Zemljanin wrote:However, if someone sends me the corrupt file, I'll gladly return the corrected version...

looks way better than mine
General Extreme Ways

Postby Zemljanin on Mon Jan 31, 2022 1:59 pm

LOL, I opened the file and - in less than a second - spotted what (I think) is wrong. However, I worked very, very slowly and have spent almost 4 minutes to correct all kingdoms. The author would easily do it in less than 2 minutes. With a good reason, he could do the job in less than 1 minute...
Can I upload the file to forum? (I don't have a location where I could upload the file and post the link...)

chanakam2020 wrote:

How did you get that?
Captain Zemljanin

Postby Extreme Ways on Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:38 pm

Zemljanin wrote:LOL, I opened the file and - in less than a second - spotted what (I think) is wrong. However, I worked very, very slowly and have spent almost 4 minutes to correct all kingdoms. The author would easily do it in less than 2 minutes. With a good reason, he could do the job in less than 1 minute...
Can I upload the file to forum? (I don't have a location where I could upload the file and post the link...)

chanakam2020 wrote:

How did you get that?

The 'normal' way would be to go the the foundry, in which the map was once designed etc. The way with more chance of success is to PM site admin(s) about your frustrations and see if they are willing to take your new/fixed version to the beta site. Chana probably knows better though.
General Extreme Ways

Postby chanakam2020 on Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:45 pm

Zemljanin wrote:Can I upload the file to forum? (I don't have a location where I could upload the file and post the link...)

Yes give it here for the moment to keep it somewhere.
Post it inside a spoiler box.
To update file it need to check by map department. and they may move this post to Map Foundry forum
Cook chanakam2020

Postby chanakam2020 on Mon Jan 31, 2022 2:49 pm

How did you get that?

From here.
https://www.conquerclub.com/maps/
Cook chanakam2020

Postby Zemljanin on Mon Jan 31, 2022 5:55 pm

Extreme Ways wrote:The 'normal' way would be to go the the foundry, in which the map was once designed etc. The way with more chance of success is to PM site admin(s) about your frustrations and see if they are willing to take your new/fixed version to the beta site. Chana probably knows better though.

Oh no, I have no intention to lead a campaign (unless Hillary and/or Trump and/or Biden are willing to donate what's left after their campaigns). In practical sense, I don't have much stronger motivation than Nut Shot Scott (though I'm still a pedant, while he is indolent :mrgreen:).
If there is a reasonably convenient way, I'd like to upload the file, so that everyone can download it. If not - so be it.

chanakam2020 wrote:
Zemljanin wrote:Can I upload the file to forum? (I don't have a location where I could upload the file and post the link...)

Yes give it here for the moment to keep it somewhere.
Post it inside a spoiler box.
To update file it need to check by map department. and they may move this post to Map Foundry forum

You mean to post the content? Nah, it's too big. I'll upload the file, if I find the way.
If anybody shows serious interest, I'll send 'em an email. Or, if someone can and want to upload the file somewhere and post the link here - I'll send it to that volunteer.

chanakam2020 wrote:
How did you get that?

From here.
https://www.conquerclub.com/maps/

This micro-post is more valuable than several big threads put together! Thank you very much!!
Captain Zemljanin

PreviousNext

Return to The Atlas