Conquer Club

The Third Crusade [Quenched] Revamping

Care to peruse completed maps? Take a stroll through the Atlas.

Moderator: Cartographers

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

Re: The Third Crusade [Quenched] Revamping

Postby ender516 on Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:32 pm

Decided to look at the (very few) team games I have played on this map. In one out of three team games, Game 8397492, there was a struggle for the Vatican. I did not review in detail why this occurred.
Sergeant 1st Class ender516

Re: The Third Crusade [Quenched]

Postby Kabanellas on Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:36 pm

chapcrap wrote:But, this map is not one just used for team games. There have almost been 2800 Team games on the map and over 24000 total. Team games make up less than 12% of the games. I'm not sure changing things for the sake of team game utilization, at this point, is a very good idea.

I thought about it as well. And I don't see any problem about this reduction when it comes to standard games. People will just starting using most of the map earlier...
Major Kabanellas

Postby chapcrap on Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:06 pm

Kabanellas wrote:
chapcrap wrote:But, this map is not one just used for team games. There have almost been 2800 Team games on the map and over 24000 total. Team games make up less than 12% of the games. I'm not sure changing things for the sake of team game utilization, at this point, is a very good idea.

I thought about it as well. And I don't see any problem about this reduction when it comes to standard games. People will just starting using most of the map earlier...

If that would be the base, I can't really have a problem with it. I don't know if it's the case or not. Either way, I don't have a big opinion on it, because I don't play the map enough.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Kabanellas on Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:05 am

and here we go again.....

Kabanellas wrote:ok.. so here it is. I've reduced the numbers in most of starting neutrals:

Granada from 5 to 4
The Vatican from 5 to 3
Venice from 3 to 2
Constantinople from 3 to 2
Cyprus from 5 to 4 (also reduced London-Cyprus bonus from 2 to 1)
Tyre from 4 to 3 (also reduced Paris-Tyre bonus from 2 to 1)
Seleucia from 3 to 2 (also reduced Ratisbon-Seleucia bonus from 2 to 1)
Antioch from 5 to 4
Krak des Chevaliers from 3 to 2
Rakka from 2 to 1
Jerusalem from 5 to 4

Considering:
The reduction of Iberian Kingdoms bonus from 4 to 3.
Currently if you add Granada you'll get +5 to protect 4 borders, with the possibility of bottle necking on Toulouse. Reducing those 4 borders to 3. On the other hand IK is a continent with a lot of territories to conquer. Nevertheless.... not totally sure about this part. Would like some opinions.

Click image to enlarge.
Major Kabanellas

Previous

Return to The Atlas