Conquer Club

No wait time if last player misses a turn

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

No wait time if last player misses a turn

Postby skandaprasadn on Tue May 28, 2013 9:08 am

Description:
I am playing a map (Game 12746789) in which a number of players have missed their turns - and invariably, i'm mostly the guy who would've played just before them. When the next round begins, I need to wait for another player to play before I can. It slows down the game and is very frustrating to wait for another player to play their round when it wasn't even your fault for effectively being the last person to take the round.

I would suggest that in such cases where another person misses the round, the player who played just before him shouldnt be penalized by having to wait for someone else to play before him, and instead, should be allowed to start the round.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • Speeds up games, and does not penalize someone who has waited a long time (many cases, >12 hrs) for their turn.
  • Allows for the player who has waited to have an advantage in terms of having another shot right away. This will also make other players wary, and thus, they will also start looking to start their turns as soon as the round begins, which will make the round go faster.
Sergeant skandaprasadn

Re: No wait time if last player misses a turn

Postby DoomYoshi on Tue May 28, 2013 11:32 am

I would agree with this in general, but I can imagine cases of abuse.

e.g. if you know someone is going to miss a turn, you can hold off and get the double turn.
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby rhp 1 on Tue May 28, 2013 12:24 pm

Awful idea... why should I get penalized for missing a turn beyond the fact that it hurts my own chances at winning? If you choose to play sequential, turns go in order. Period... exhibit some patience or sport the 25 dollars for premium and play all the speed games u want with virtually no waiting whatsoever...

Anything else? No? Good...
Lieutenant rhp 1

Location: IF YOU HAVE NO CLUE WHAT YOU'RE DOING, IT IS BEST TO DO IT....... QUICKLY

Postby Metsfanmax on Tue May 28, 2013 1:00 pm

rhp 1 wrote:Awful idea... why should I get penalized for missing a turn beyond the fact that it hurts my own chances at winning? If you choose to play sequential, turns go in order. Period... exhibit some patience or sport the 25 dollars for premium and play all the speed games u want with virtually no waiting whatsoever...

Why is the person who misses the turn being additionally penalized if we implement this change?
Sergeant 1st Class Metsfanmax

Postby betiko on Tue May 28, 2013 1:25 pm

anyone who knows how freestyle games go would agree that this is a very stupid idea and would give an unfair advantage to whoever goes last.
Major betiko

Postby DoomYoshi on Wed May 29, 2013 11:53 am

Metsfanmax wrote:
rhp 1 wrote:Awful idea... why should I get penalized for missing a turn beyond the fact that it hurts my own chances at winning? If you choose to play sequential, turns go in order. Period... exhibit some patience or sport the 25 dollars for premium and play all the speed games u want with virtually no waiting whatsoever...

Why is the person who misses the turn being additionally penalized if we implement this change?

By missing one turn, the other player gets 2 turns in a row... for a 2-player game, its exactly the same as sequential...
░▒▒▓▓▓▒▒░
Captain DoomYoshi

Postby betiko on Wed May 29, 2013 1:27 pm

DoomYoshi wrote:
Metsfanmax wrote:

By missing one turn, the other player gets 2 turns in a row... for a 2-player game, its exactly the same as sequential...

The problem is for freestyle multiplayer games with objectives. Some could be hugely advantaged. I see no problem for 1v1 games.
Major betiko

Return to Suggestions