Conquer Club

Autotournaments: even-ish first turns in 1v1 "Best Of X"

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Tournaments: even-ish first turns in 1v1 "Best Of X"

Postby D4 Damager on Fri May 23, 2014 9:33 am

iAmCaffeine wrote:
D4 Damager wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Could this not draw even more attention away from community-run tournaments, as people start to focus mainly on autotournaments to reduce the luck factor?

I'm not sure if I said this earlier in the thread but I'd be happy for this to be applied to all tournaments, not just autotournaments.

But if this was the case the tournament organiser could potentially have to re-create games over and over.

No, the idea would be for a tool/algorithm to exist to do it instead of TO's having to do it by hand.
Colonel D4 Damager

Re: Tournaments: even-ish first turns in 1v1 "Best Of X"

Postby iAmCaffeine on Sun May 25, 2014 12:37 pm

D4 Damager wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:
D4 Damager wrote:
iAmCaffeine wrote:Could this not draw even more attention away from community-run tournaments, as people start to focus mainly on autotournaments to reduce the luck factor?

I'm not sure if I said this earlier in the thread but I'd be happy for this to be applied to all tournaments, not just autotournaments.

But if this was the case the tournament organiser could potentially have to re-create games over and over.

No, the idea would be for a tool/algorithm to exist to do it instead of TO's having to do it by hand.

In which case, presumably, there may as well be a tool/algorithm to create games for any TO, which seems rather unlikely.
Cook iAmCaffeine

Previous

Return to Suggestions