Conquer Club

Drop Games Awaiting Players After X Time Since Last Login

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

Re: Drop all waiting games when player does not login for 3 days

Postby Woodruff on Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:57 pm

Downey wrote:What if the player is just not logging in because he's waiting for them to start, or to get a notification from his email for when it starts so he can log in?

This is a VERY good point. I depend on that email to let me know when I've got a game ready. If a player has a large number of games going, this isn't an issue because they're always getting the emails. But particularly with a freemium where you can only be in four games at a time, this could really be a problem in auto-kicking someone who's really just sitting there waiting for the email to tell him it's time.
Corporal 1st Class Woodruff

Drop Games Awaiting Players After X Time Since Last Login

Postby lanyards on Tue Mar 25, 2014 6:46 pm

Concise description:
  • After X amount of time has passed since a user has last logged on, the user should be dropped from all of their Awaiting Players games.

Specifics/Details:
  • Could be enforced in all cases or could be an option with the default set to 'on'.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This will undoubtedly decrease the amount of deadbeats in games.
  • This will allow more team games with lingering freemiums who will never log in again to be filled with organized teams.

I did search the forums and found that this was suggested back in 2008 (http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=471&t=59434) with a 3 day time period. It seemed to get positive responses but was never implemented.

3 days may be too short a time period in my opinion. I might suggest a week or more possibly, but I think there should be a cap on it at some point. More than once I've been hindered from joining games needing players because of a freemium cook/cadet who has not logged on in months.
WANT AN ADVANTAGE WHILE WORKING TOWARDS MEDALS?
https://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=529&t=226714
Major lanyards

Re: Drop Games Awaiting Players After X Time Since Last Logi

Postby Gilligan on Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:29 pm

lanyards wrote:Concise description:
  • After X amount of time has passed since a user has last logged on, the user should be dropped from all of their Awaiting Players games.

Specifics/Details:
  • Could be enforced in all cases or could be an option with the default set to 'on'.

How this will benefit the site and/or other comments:
  • This will undoubtedly decrease the amount of deadbeats in games.
  • This will allow more team games with lingering freemiums who will never log in again to be filled with organized teams.

I did search the forums and found that this was suggested back in 2008 (http://www.conquerclub.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=471&t=59434) with a 3 day time period. It seemed to get positive responses but was never implemented.

3 days may be too short a time period in my opinion. I might suggest a week or more possibly, but I think there should be a cap on it at some point. More than once I've been hindered from joining games needing players because of a freemium cook/cadet who has not logged on in months.

I like this.

I do think that 3 days is too short, though - I think a week is sufficient, considering the time to drop waiting tournament games was 15 days.
Captain Gilligan

Postby Dukasaur on Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:18 am

This should be merged with the other thread, if it still exists.

Also, I agree with the idea.

:)
“‎Life is a shipwreck, but we must not forget to sing in the lifeboats.”
― Voltaire
Lieutenant Dukasaur
Community Coordinator
Community Coordinator

Postby spiesr on Wed Mar 26, 2014 10:12 am

Captain spiesr

Previous

Return to Suggestions