Conquer Club

Casual/Private Tournaments

Have any bright ideas? Share and discuss them with the community

Moderator: Community Team

Forum rules
Please read the Community Guidelines before posting.

And don't forget to search for previously suggested ideas first!

What is the best solution?

Keep it as it is
60%
Offer full privileges upon request
No votes
Offer way to create "blank" games
No votes
PM TDs directly and they create games
No votes
Request games created by TD in a thread. Similar to requesting privs for clan wars
40%
Other (Please post thoughts)
No votes

Total votes : 5

Casual/Private Tournaments

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:04 pm

Concise description:
  • Offer a way to host private tournaments.

Specifics/Details:
  • Right now, the only way to host a tournament is through a clan war, or through a public tournament.
  • It would be beneficial to ask for privileges from a TD so that I can create games where I am not participating in.
  • Tournaments among clan mates or friends is a great example for this. Most of the time, tournaments move at an extremely slow pace or even dead-beat, because friends or clan mates have to be chased and PMed multiple times to make 1 single game.
  • I am NOT asking for Tournament medals or GA medals to be issued for these tournaments, but just an organized way to host a private tournament.
Possible Solutions:
  • Give full tourny privs upon request. (ruins perfect integrity of Tournament database)
  • Give permission to create games where you do not have to play. (Possible Abuse)
  • Another alternate solution would be that I could PM a TD and ask them to create X games on X map with these settings in a proper form that would be easy for them to read. (Increased work for TDs, unorganized)
  • A thread in the Tournaments forum. Kind of similar to Requesting for Privs in the clan forum. But a request asking for games to be created?

I apologize if this has been suggested already. I admit I did not check the topics. :oops:
Last edited by MoB Deadly on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Re: Casual/Private Tournaments

Postby TheForgivenOne on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:25 pm

I believe The PM'ing the TD's asking them to create games would just be a headache for them, in my opinion. I couldn't imagine a bunch of clans PM'ing asking me to create games for them.
Game 1675072
2018-08-09 16:02:06 - Mageplunka69: its jamaica map and TFO that keep me on this site
Major TheForgivenOne

Postby MoB Deadly on Mon Aug 26, 2013 12:36 pm

I was hoping to get some sort of control mechanism in.

If you give full privs then it can be abused, and since they would be in the database it would ruin the integrity I think in terms of winners and medals issued
If you allow blank games that can be abused too

*lightbulb*
Or how bout a thread in the Tournaments forum. Kind of similar to Requesting for Privs in the clan forum. But a request asking for games to be created?
Art by: codierose | High Score: 2550
Corporal 1st Class MoB Deadly

Postby chapcrap on Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:49 pm

I had discussed this previously with some people. Let me check and see if I can get my discussion back up and see what is going on with it.
Lieutenant chapcrap

Postby Night Strike on Tue Oct 15, 2013 7:44 pm

This is not something the TDs will be doing. If the Clan Directors want to do something for in-clan events after they get their own database, then that will be up to them.
Major Night Strike

Return to Suggestions